Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Friday, April 30

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
It is the last day of April and what a difference a few weeks make, everything is green! The leaves are on the trees, the marigolds are sprouting, and the lilies of that valley are spreading *everywhere.* *eye roll* I hate ripping up plants if I have nowhere to replant them, but these -- they will take over everything. One day next week, I think I am going to buy the veggie plants, can't wait!

Yesterday was mostly doing housework, deep cleaned the kitchen. I hate how the cabinets get so grimy by the stove. I also wish I could remember why we didn't have them go all of the way to the ceiling when we put them in. Sure, I have Disney stuff displayed up there, but why would we choose not to have extra room??? I wish I could go back in time and change that. There are a LOT of things I would change while I was back in time. How about you? What would you change if you could?
I started to scrap a page for an upcoming challenge - totally ignoring the fact that I should have been working on birthday cards. That has to get done today.
It got really chilly overnight, I would love to get outside later this afternoon it warms up. There is another area that I want to work on and it is one that isn't full of poison ivy. Where I was working the other day is inundated with three different vines. One basic groundcover-y type vine, one horrible invasive, and then poison ivy. I tried so hard to be careful around the poison ivy but I know I was getting it on me. I have a special soap for it so I am keeping my fingers crossed that the patches of the rash on my arms will stay very small.

Hope that everyone has a fantastic day!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@tanteva That is what happens when you run out of fingers, you mess you're counting up! LOL! That was just May for family events, it continues into June with three more birthdays and Father's Day. Then it is quiet until Sept when I have Leah's, Caitlyn's, MIL, FIL, and my SIL's birthdays. Pre-COVID we would do a May Bash here celebrating everything in May and June and another in Sept. A few months later was Christmas and the timing forced me to deep clean my house which hasn't been done since last March. Eep.
I hope you can find some work. Scott was so lucky how he fell into his job but it is only until November. Caitlyn could have gotten a job at her school working with the incoming freshmen but it would have been minimum wage *and* she would have had to live on campus from mid-June to the end of August. She does much better selling her worms on Etsy.
Her worms with perms:
il_794xN.2794824583_m891.jpg

That is GREAT news about your hubby's raise, and wow- that is a nice raise!!!! It stinks that the roofer is going to appreciate it the most but I can understand having to pay that off first. I hope you guys can put some way for some mini-vacations.
Good timing to come back to the O for iDSD sales. Shopping sales is considered a responsible, adult decision. Do it!

Kay- sounds like you had a productive morning, did you get any good books? It must have been a relief that you got in before the rain and even better that you had something new to read while the cable and internet were out.

Everyone, thank you for the good thoughts to Caitlyn!

@bcgal00 How sweet to see Remi chase the butterfly, that made me smile. She seems like she is a very happy girl.

@Cherylndesigns I love Jacob! Tell him I said to grow strong! It is adorable that now everyone calls him Jacob. Hope that everyone heals quickly, I have heard that ankle sprains can be worse than breaks. Make sure that Roger keeps that foot elevated as much as he can.

xoxo

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Well - today is "Valborgsmässoafton" here in Sweden. It's a celebration of spring. Usually, in a non-Corona-world, this means big bonfires and lots of booze. Guess it will be only the booze this year. Last year it was really calm, but I'm afraid many people are so fed up with Corona, I'm sure there will be big parties here and there. Will have to wait and see in the news tomorrow.

"Valborg" is a HUGE thing in the university cities, they usually start with champagne for breakfast and just accelarating from that.

Us normal responsible adults, usully go and look at a bonfire, eat a hot dog, and go back home, but no bonfires this year. I'm not a big fan of traditions anyway, and usually don't give a XXXX about any holiday. I will be knitting in my TV sofa as always on Friday nights.

Also, it's our King's 75th birthday today .... and you guessed it ... I don't care about him either. Lazy old sod.

I should be on a desert island, with no wifi, just sitting there, minding my own business, and not bother people at all. LOL

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning, ladies. It's raining today so aside from running errands and taking the dogs out, I'll be inside, doing a bit of desk work and maybe some scrapping and shopping. I'm trying not to shop much though b/c as we get closer to retirement I need to cut back on extras. I really don't need to buy tons of scrap stuff anymore anyways, I have lots...but it's so tempting! I keep looking at the 52 inspirations but I just can't justify spending the money for the subscription this year. I need to win the lottery LOL.

I watched the first 2 episodes of Handmaid's Tale and this wkend will watch the 3rd one. The show horrifies me but I can't stop watching, it's soooo good. I made my own version of an egg mcmuffin for dinner last night...yum....whole grain muffin, fried egg, meatless sausage patty and cheese with sweet potato fries. This might be one of my fave meals right now. Tonight is going to be rice, black beans, corn, smoky flavored tofu strips with cauliflower cheese drizzle in a whole grain tortilla with greens/hummus dressing on the side. I have fully embraced vegetarian/plant based eating and although I don't regret my journey with paleo/keto, this way of eating is even better for my body. My last blood work was amazing and I'm so close to not even needing thyroid medication anymore.

@faerywings Yes, Remi is such a happy girl. Her little wiggle butt makes everyone happy too. She keeps growing and is only 3 lbs lighter than Taz so she is going to be much bigger than him. So much for getting a small dog LOL. She won't be a full sized aussie but she is definitely going to be on the large end of a mini size or smallish full size aussie. We now estimated about 38-40 lbs full grown. I don't care what size she gets to be, I just love her so much and it's such a joy to see her and Taz together.

I'm going to go see how much desk work has come in for me this morning after I get another coffee. Have a great day everyone.

tanteva

Good timing to come back to the O for iDSD sales. Shopping sales is considered a responsible, adult decision. Do it!

You evil woman! Now I'm filling up my shopping cart. LOL
Think I have a new favorite among the new designers already. Seems every kit I look at - she's made

tanteva

The gods doesn't want me to shop. I keep getting logged out of the shop all the time. LOL

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Oh, WOW... love all the Fab Friday Color Play items.... Spent most of the day getting the LOs done and posted at the galleries. And - yes - there are a lot of bargains in the iNSD sales. Whoo-whoo... what a fun time this weekend. So glad the Wi-Fi is up and working okay today.

This has turned into a PJ day. hahahaha I need to figure out what to have to eat - plus get off the computer! Got a notice that my computer will be doing the latest Windows10 update when I close down so I stayed on the computer to get everything done... just in case.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good afternoon all.

Chris, @faerywings I'll definitely give Jacob your message. I KNEW you'd love that we named him and that he's SO happy outside now. Roger's doing better - as only Roger can. LOL He says he's putting his ankle up at night. (rolling eyes emoji)

Eva @tanteva Happy "Valborgsmässoafton"!! Champagne for breakfast sounds good to me! I had to chuckle about the "old sod".

I haven't looked at all of the sales yet. Kay @BrightEyes you have me curious now!

I don't think I told you all that I'm wanting a cat. I said when we moved here that I wanted one. I saw one on the local Humane Society's website and just fell in love. He's an orange tabby named Sam. That's a special name for us. First of all, my grandfather's name was Sam, then our first dog was an Apricot Poodle that we named Samantha, then we adopted a Yellow Lab in Michigan named Sam. Hehe We do love that name.

Anyway, there's so much rigamarole (sp) with the Humane Society. (We've been through that before). I sent in the request about 5 days ago, then sent in the application, then because we don't have a vet established, there was a snag. I explained to them that we haven't lived here very long and our dog didn't need her shots until the end of June. Then, they even called the references I put down. So, today, Ava and Adrienne got a bead on another cat (1 yr old spayed) at a vet clinic. So, we went to see her. Her name is Katie and she's a Calico - mostly white. I had to fill out an application there too. So, now I'm playing the waiting game to see which one gets back to me first. If the Humane Society calls first, I'd like to go see Sam. I haven't got my hopes up either way, because kittens are a dime a dozen. However, I want a year old cat that's been spayed/neutered and has all the shots. Too picky??? The vet where Katie is just put all of their cats on FB, so it's going to be interesting.

Waving to all and have a great weekend.

nancyr

Hi - sorry I have been absent and will be for the next couple of weeks. Going through strange times as I am loving helping with wedding plans but my other son is having a tough time. Miss you all. I will be back.