Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Friday, April 19

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Hoooooo boy. Whatta week. Blergh, to quite my fave lady, Liz Lemon.
th

I am drained... Spending the day with my parents was emotionally draining. They fought nonstop. I warned them around noon that I was leaving if they didn't knock it off. They chilled out for a while and then went back at it. I told them if they didn't behave nicer to each other I wasn't coming back to help. (I will but dammit, I don't know how else to get through to them). By the time I got home, I was a mess. I mean-- I started the day on a knife's edge because of similar stuff going on here so this just was the icing on the cake, except the cake was moldy and covered with ants. Fire ants. Angry fire ants.

When Caitlyn got home, she asked how my day was and I gave her a brief rundown. It took her a while to come back down for dinner because she called my mom to let her know how much this was affecting me. Meanwhile, Gary poured me a glass of wine with dinner and when the box was empty, he ran to the liquor store to get me a new box. Not that I am advocating alcohol as a solution but sometimes a Faery needs a glass of wine to calm the * down hahaha!
Will any of it make a difference? Not a chance. :/ My mom asked if I would go with her to PA Sun-Mon to do some housework there and I don't know what to do. It would just be the two of us but I am incredibly conflicted. And I have to keep my own mental health in mind.
Bah....

On a happier note, I had such a fab time visiting with Scott in the morning. That kid is so dang funny. He makes me laugh so much. I'm really looking forward to seeing his Big Foot Campfire talk tonight. It might rain so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it stays dry. I desperately need something to look forward to.
I was excited about tomorrow's Earth Day celebration at Weis but I *still* don't know if I am working or not. They asked if I would do a craft for kids, I submitted a lesson plan, and they seemed to think it was fine. But I never heard, even after I asked a couple of times, if I was on the schedule. I'll text the lead educator today. I'm fine working as an extra pair of hands if they need me for that but I wish I knew what I was doing. If anything.

Blergh blergh bleeeeergggggg

Plans for today:
Can I pretend I am a bear and hibernate?

200.webp

I have some housework to do and some banking to be done. I need to finish the invite for BFF. I still have to drag the camp chairs out of the basement and rinse them off before tonight.
And dinner. What to make for dinner again...
BLERG!!!!!!!! :thud:

:floorlaugh:
Don't mind me, I'm fine! Better now that I vented all over you.
sorry!

On that note, I'm going to shut up.

Hugs to you all!

DesignsByCRK

Designer
Hoooooo boy. Whatta week. Blergh, to quite my fave lady, Liz Lemon.
th

I am drained... Spending the day with my parents was emotionally draining. They fought nonstop. I warned them around noon that I was leaving if they didn't knock it off. They chilled out for a while and then went back at it. I told them if they didn't behave nicer to each other I wasn't coming back to help. (I will but dammit, I don't know how else to get through to them). By the time I got home, I was a mess. I mean-- I started the day on a knife's edge because of similar stuff going on here so this just was the icing on the cake, except the cake was moldy and covered with ants. Fire ants. Angry fire ants.

When Caitlyn got home, she asked how my day was and I gave her a brief rundown. It took her a while to come back down for dinner because she called my mom to let her know how much this was affecting me. Meanwhile, Gary poured me a glass of wine with dinner and when the box was empty, he ran to the liquor store to get me a new box. Not that I am advocating alcohol as a solution but sometimes a Faery needs a glass of wine to calm the * down hahaha!
Will any of it make a difference? Not a chance. :/ My mom asked if I would go with her to PA Sun-Mon to do some housework there and I don't know what to do. It would just be the two of us but I am incredibly conflicted. And I have to keep my own mental health in mind.
Bah....

On a happier note, I had such a fab time visiting with Scott in the morning. That kid is so dang funny. He makes me laugh so much. I'm really looking forward to seeing his Big Foot Campfire talk tonight. It might rain so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it stays dry. I desperately need something to look forward to.
I was excited about tomorrow's Earth Day celebration at Weis but I *still* don't know if I am working or not. They asked if I would do a craft for kids, I submitted a lesson plan, and they seemed to think it was fine. But I never heard, even after I asked a couple of times, if I was on the schedule. I'll text the lead educator today. I'm fine working as an extra pair of hands if they need me for that but I wish I knew what I was doing. If anything.

Blergh blergh bleeeeergggggg

Plans for today:
Can I pretend I am a bear and hibernate?

200.webp

I have some housework to do and some banking to be done. I need to finish the invite for BFF. I still have to drag the camp chairs out of the basement and rinse them off before tonight.
And dinner. What to make for dinner again...
BLERG!!!!!!!! :thud:

:floorlaugh:
Don't mind me, I'm fine! Better now that I vented all over you.
sorry!

On that note, I'm going to shut up.

Hugs to you all!

Sorry you had such a crappy day with your parents. Constant arguing can be so draining, I feel for you <3 Sounds like wine was definitely called for - i probably would have started while I was still with the parents :floorlaugh: - it would have helped me get through it LOL.

I can't help with dinner tonight - we had a late shopping trip to Costco this afternoon, and by the time we were leaving it was quite late, so we grabbed pizza before we left.

I'm almost ready for bed - it's 9.45pm and I'm yawning my head off.

Hope everyone has a great day :)

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@DesignsByCRK oooh, your chicken sounds delish! I'm not a fan of sun-dried tomatoes but I could substitute a can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes. And extra garlic. :vamp1: We use a lot of fresh garlic here and only one time did I make a dish with too much garlic. It was garlic bread pasta and since the garlic doesn't cook, just melted in butter, it was a little too much.
TFS!!

@BrightEyes Fantastic news about the install!! Its always a relief when stuff like that goes smoothly and correctly on the first try.
It must have been a wonderful visit with DD#3. Hope she had encouraging news about SIL#2.
Thanks for the compliments on the invite! I still have to work on the May/June Bash that is here on May 19 (one month!! Gah!!!). Why do I do this to myself?
One really good thing from yesterday is my mom and I went through her closet and she has 2 potential dresses to wear for Caitlyn's wedding. She couldn't/wouldn't toss some of the 70's housewife dresses yet but at least she thinks she can get away with not buying a new dress. The jackets have shoulder pads that *must* get removed LOL

@bcgal00 Love to hear that Remi is back to her normal happy self!
How was the luncheon and game night?
Hope that the rest of the Wayfair order comes soon.

@Cherylndesigns So sweet of you to take care of Aly, hope she was feeling well enough to go to the ballet.
That will be super helpful to get some orders from Walmart. My closest Walmart is about a half hour from me so I'm not sure if they deliver up here. I used their Curbside when the pandemic hit and it was impossible to get groceries locally.
I'm sending hugs to you and the family. The memorial service must have been emotional but supportive.

@JeanneMN Ahem. *taps sign* No need to apologize for not stopping in, this a no-pressure-to-post area. :D
I am so glad that you met up with your friends!! I am the same way, what am I going to talk about, will I remember anything from HS? That's amazing that you talked and laughed for three hours.
Hahahaha!! I am LMBO at the bulldozer being bad for the carpet. :rotfl: You have 4 dogs, right? You need a bulldozer just to put their toys and bones away. Dog bones are the pet parents' version of Legos. Step on them in the middle of the night and that hurts LOL

@BrightEyes Fantastic! Seamless transition!

xoxo

DesignsByCRK

Designer
@DesignsByCRK oooh, your chicken sounds delish! I'm not a fan of sun-dried tomatoes but I could substitute a can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes. And extra garlic. :vamp1: We use a lot of fresh garlic here and only one time did I make a dish with too much garlic. It was garlic bread pasta and since the garlic doesn't cook, just melted in butter, it was a little too much.
TFS!!

xoxo

Definitely! I've even made it without the sun dried tomatoes when I forgot to buy them. Flavour wise, they just give it a little tang, which I like, but it still tasted great without them!

We are very much the same - no such thing as too much garlic, unless it's raw garlic. I like to wrap a whole head of garlic in foil and slow roast it in the oven, before adding it to my butter for garlic bread. And I make my garlic bread on turkish loaves - plenty of grated cheese on top and then cook it in the air fryer - delish every time :D

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Heading out for birding with the group and then maybe get the credenza put together. The rest of all the Wayfair stuff came yesterday, yay! Our luncheon was fun. We had a small banquet room to ourselves, about 30 of us. D and I had fun at the legion, playing hand and foot rummy. We each won a game.

@faerywings that sucks about the bickering. Hope C decides on a dress, free is certainly the right price. I don’t understand how expensive the dresses can be.

I need to be out of here in a few min.
HAGD everyone.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Another quick in and out.... going to the base pharmacy and drop off Rx, drop off some mail, get gas and a few other errands while I am out. Once that is done, my "must do" list will be finished for the next week or two! Will have time to find more styles, actions, and fonts and get them loaded into PSE19. BTW, not sure if any of you are having problems with PSE2024 freezing -especially on Windows11 - there is a glitch/conflict with it. Adobe has an temporary fix and are working on fixing it. So glad that I also have PSE19 and have been using it instead of using 24. Will wait until they get a permanent fix before I go back to PSE24. I saw some chatter about it on FB... you can find the info on the Adobe website.

Hope you all have a good day.

AK_Tracy

We are very much the same - no such thing as too much garlic, unless it's raw garlic. I like to wrap a whole head of garlic in foil and slow roast it in the oven, before adding it to my butter for garlic bread. And I make my garlic bread on turkish loaves - plenty of grated cheese on top and then cook it in the air fryer - delish every time :D
I once had a doctor tell me I ate too much garlic. He asked how often I ate garlic or cooked with it and I said daily. He told me it was too much. I fired him. Found a diff doc. There isn't ever too much garlic unless its my aunts Cesar salad. That will drive the vampires away.

@faerywings I am sorry your day was so rough. I dont know all the dynamics and trials so I'm just couch prescribing no phd here just snarky thoughts....... but if you were to actually walk out and leave while they are fighting, they might realize youre serious. I know , easy to say hard to do. But I have a toxic in my life and I do a lot more "grey rock" when talking to them. I just sit there and dont react to comment they're trying to get me to react to. And yeah, wine, beer, scotch, they all help sometimes. As long as its not my every time solution I figure its okay. Some days I vent all over hubs and that poor man just holds me and tells me I am not the crazy one. And no you cant hibernate. Its wake up time, bears are coming out now. Plus we would miss you too much.

JeanneMN

@faerywings I'm so sorry your day was so crappy; I can relate, and I truly mean that. Had one of those again last week with 42 yr old son. There should be a special place in the place opposite heaven for people who use their children as weapons, and this has been 6 years. So glad you have a supportive family, it's so much worse without it. You absolutely MUST take care of YOUR mental health first and that's not always a popular decision. I went down the alcohol food bingeing road for a while, gained 50 pounds, had even more self-hate. For me, it took medication, but I got back to the gym, got control over food, an that issue goes back to childhood. Nothing will make it sunshine I lollipops, but your mental health must be your focus. I'll get off my soapbox now. Re: bulldozer.....no dogs at our house, just me and Mr. Clean. I'm not saying I'm a slob although my sewing room would indicate otherwise, but I find it very easy to just ignore dust, too much cleaning as a kid, even though I have allergies it doesn't disturb me so I don't disturb it.

@BrightEyes So glad the install went well , getting everything hooked back up again takes a lot of time though. I've been having similar issues with PSCC 2024, ack, drives me crazy. I save constantly, but whenever I go too long it likes to bite me in the butt, at least their auto save feature seems to finally work so that's saved a few butt bites. Technology is wonderful . . . , . when it works.

Minnesota teased us with a sunny sky, but it was 32° when I got up @ 4:15, and when I came out of the gym, that sunny sky, housed a blustering wind and sans jacket it was cold. Well breakfast is finished in time for lunch & relaxing cup of coffee is done. There is laundry to be done & scrapping to be started. Have a lovely day everyone.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning.

It's 58 here - by the time we got home last night, the temp had dropped dramatically. Looks like it's going to warm up again though so we must have had some weird cold front come through. Chris @faerywings, the service was very nice. I got to meet the woman who calls me every couple of weeks, so that was great, also the Chaplain was there who had come out to the house a couple of times. He sang two songs and what a beautiful voice he had. It wasn't "sappy" just kind of like closure. They did a little "ceremony" with 4 colors of roses and talked about the grieving process - it was very nice. I'm sorry about your parents - again - sigh. You really get hit when you go there - had to LOL about Gary going to get another box of wine. Glad you had a good time with Scott. Cait sounds like Adrienne - they always have our backs, don't they?

Aly made it to Swan Lake. She said it was magical and she sat next to an older woman who used to dance so they bonded right away. Any of us who used to dance understand the love of it. She said she wouldn't have made it w/o my teas. I also took her some nausea pills which probably helped as much as the tea. I took her peppermint tea which is wonderful for nausea or any kind of GI distress. Ava had some peppermint essential oils, so she put some on cotton balls and put them in baggies. Aly could smell them if she got nauseated while she was there. She sais she's still a tad nauseated today, but she's at work. She has her cotton balls with her and an extra packet of peppermint tea if she needs it.

Kay @BrightEyes I have 2023 and when 2024 came out, I used a free trial and the darned thing froze up on me, so I didn't get it. I have had good luck with 23. It freezes very occasionally, but I save, save, save my work now. Just in case.

Hugs to all and HAGD. I need to get dressed; Adrienne will be down in a little while and I still have my jammies on.
XOXO

JeanneMN

Good morning.

It's 58 here - by the time we got home last night, the temp had dropped dramatically. Looks like it's going to warm up again though so we must have had some weird cold front come through. Chris @faerywings, the service was very nice. I got to meet the woman who calls me every couple of weeks, so that was great, also the Chaplain was there who had come out to the house a couple of times. He sang two songs and what a beautiful voice he had. It wasn't "sappy" just kind of like closure. They did a little "ceremony" with 4 colors of roses and talked about the grieving process - it was very nice. I'm sorry about your parents - again - sigh. You really get hit when you go there - had to LOL about Gary going to get another box of wine. Glad you had a good time with Scott. Cair sounds like Adrienne - they always have our backs, don't they?

Aly made it to Swan Lake. She said it was magical and she sat next to an older woman who used to dance so they bonded right away. Any of us who used to dance understand the love of it. She said she wouldn't have made it w/o my teas. I also took her some nausea pills which probably helped as much as the tea. I took her peppermint tea which is wonderful for nausea or any kind of GI distress. Ava had some peppermint essential oils, so she put some on cotton balls and put them in baggies. Aly could smell them if she got nauseated while she was there. She sais she's still a tad nauseated today, but she's at work. She has her cotton balls with her and an extra packed of peppermint tea if she needs it.

Kay @BrightEyes I have 2023 and when 2024 came out, I used a free trial and the darned thing froze up on me, so I didn't get it. I have had good luck with 23. It freezes very occasionally, but I save, save, save my work now. Just in case.

Hugs to all and HAGD. I need to get dressed; Adrienne will be down in a little while and I still have my jammies on.
XOXO
Still having jammies on it is a problem, why??:rolleyes:

JeanneMN

I think y'all ruined me :yesmaster: I am addicted to the O. I think I might check here almost as much as I do my scrapgirls page. I dont want to miss any last minute news there and check all the time then spin around and check in here cause its fun and chatty and welcoming. Who needs social media when we have OScrap! :bowdown2:
Can we ALL have a big AMEN to this! I am right there with 'ya girlfriend! I'm not getting much else done, I'm not a social media person at all, I'm actually quite introverted (OK y'all can quit laughing), but I just feel so at home, welcomed and safe here and can be my real me. I'm feeling validated as a scrapper and am seriously enjoying it more when I stop hangin' in here of course!

AK_Tracy

Can we ALL have a big AMEN to this! I am right there with 'ya girlfriend! I'm not getting much else done, I'm not a social media person at all, I'm actually quite introverted (OK y'all can quit laughing), but I just feel so at home, welcomed and safe here and can be my real me. I'm feeling validated as a scrapper and am seriously enjoying it more when I stop hangin' in here of course!
Okay twin, stop that!! :shemademe: I am not a social media gal either. I have IG only for medical connections otherwise yeah nothing else but scrapping sites. I am introverted too. That's what makes this fun. I can get my fix of people on my timeline without ever leaving the house. When I need quiet, I put the computer down :giggle4:

AK_Tracy

@JeanneMN oh and another thing, it must be a MN thing LOL While I am Alaskan all the way through, my dad was a MN man and I married at MN man. So yeah, I must have MN tendencies too. I understand the mindset. :yesss:
I'm not sure if we should all be scared o_O or happy at that thought.

DesignsByCRK

Designer
I once had a doctor tell me I ate too much garlic. He asked how often I ate garlic or cooked with it and I said daily. He told me it was too much. I fired him. Found a diff doc. There isn't ever too much garlic unless its my aunts Cesar salad. That will drive the vampires away.

@faerywings I am sorry your day was so rough. I dont know all the dynamics and trials so I'm just couch prescribing no phd here just snarky thoughts....... but if you were to actually walk out and leave while they are fighting, they might realize youre serious. I know , easy to say hard to do. But I have a toxic in my life and I do a lot more "grey rock" when talking to them. I just sit there and dont react to comment they're trying to get me to react to. And yeah, wine, beer, scotch, they all help sometimes. As long as its not my every time solution I figure its okay. Some days I vent all over hubs and that poor man just holds me and tells me I am not the crazy one. And no you cant hibernate. Its wake up time, bears are coming out now. Plus we would miss you too much.

I would have fired his butt too - nobody needs that kind of negativity in their life :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think y'all ruined me :yesmaster: I am addicted to the O. I think I might check here almost as much as I do my scrapgirls page. I dont want to miss any last minute news there and check all the time then spin around and check in here cause its fun and chatty and welcoming. Who needs social media when we have OScrap! :bowdown2:

I told you, that you would love it :p all of us SG ladies have been wrapped up in a big O hug and they ain't letting go lol :D