Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: February 20-21: Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! It *finally* stopped snowing overnight. It is still frigid (19*F ATM with a high of 30*) bit at least it is not snowing. Thank goodness for small favors. Maybe we can go a few days without it snowing.
Scott gave me quite the scare yesterday- he called us when he got to his MRI appt to let us know that he might head home later than he thought originally. The roads up that way were really bad and he ended up sliding off the road. He was fine, he was able to sort of steer into a snowbank so the car is fine. But yikes... So he was going to wait in the parking lot until the plows came through. By the time he was finished with the appt, the roads were salted and he made it home without any other issues. While he was out, I shoveled the driveway since it is easier to do when it is more open. By the time he got back, you couldn't even tell I did anything. Can't complain, I have power and water and food.

I paid some bills yesterday but still cannot bring myself to start on the taxes. I have to do that first so I can apply for the Senior/Disabled Property Tax Freeze for NJ. That application came in the mail yesterday but I need to have my 2020 taxes filed in order to apply. Since it was such a dreary day, Cait and I made breakfast for dinner last night. Pancakes, bacon and fake bacon, hash browns, banana bread- talk about some comfort food. :)
Nothing happening today. (again *groans*) My mom is supposed to be getting her second shot today but our Governor said yesterday that some of the supplies weren't able to be delivered due to the weather. As of yesterday afternoon,. she hadn't gotten a notice that it was canceled so I hope she gets it done. I am going to keep on working on the mitten, halfway done!

Hugs!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@Betty Jo- you saw the LO in the Private Galery- came out cool, didn't it? :cool: Thank you so much for all of your help with DDG!

@felis- thank you for starting the Thread- your turtle is adorable!!!

@taxed4ever What a pain for Heather to have to take the family to get her glasses ordered. I cannot imagine how expensive they must be as well. But ya have to be able to see...Did the boys get the snow fort all fixed up? What a relief that the pool was warm and clean :)
I was able to get a food shopping spot last night, they must have opened 4 days up all at once so I grabbed my usual spot for Wed. If I got desperate I could get curbside with the new market in town but their online shopping is extremely limited and they are much more expensive than the place I usually go to. With ShopRite, I can order anything that they carry, with the Market it is more of the basics, but I could get a spot for the same day if I had to go that route.

Kay- ooooh, you are a balmy 30* too hehe. Excellent news about your 2nd vax appt!

@Cherylndesigns Yay for above-freezing temps! I have been hearing strange sounds around the house too and I think it is icicles breaking. Good luck getting all of the cars back where they belong. That sounds like what happened to my arm with the tetanus shot- it got all swollen and red and *hot*, looked like it was dripping from the injection site to my elbow. Hope that does not happen to you with this one. Your almost 10 yo GS sounds like my almost 10 yo nephew :D Silly boys!

@LSlycord How "lucky" for you to have weekends that actually mean something. ROTFLMAO!
Does it feel good to be back scrapping again? Shaun will love a book for graduation. Send that heat up here, I can't take the cold anymore. I know, you really should send it to the people in TX. Bummer. *g*
An earthquake? WTH!!
I hope you find your hooks and yarn!

@felis- Even with the different words "crochet" and "knitting" I don't know if Gary could figure out the difference if I didn't tell him. :p I am so happy that you are able to use the kit that your dad got for you, she is so sweet! I am so glad that the links helped. I am hoping that maybe I can try the video classes myself so I don't mess up so much. Good luck if you decide to make an afghan.

I want to see the afghans too, Cheryl!

LSlycord

Big day ahead...lol. Too cold to head to the beach or even enjoy coffee on the lanai. So I'll be satisfied with scrapping. And @faerywings I feel like a little kid. How fun it is to be back to this. And here is the biggest surprise...might I even say delight...I was checking out places to print books. The most delightful discovery of the week...Artscow! Years ago, when I was really active in digital scrapbooking, I created 7 volumes of scrapbook pages in 8x8 books. But I only made one of each. This was back in 2010 and I wasn't really thinking about what I would want in 2021.

A couple of years ago, I had an Ah-Ha moment and realized that I had mixed the kids pages. As I get older, I think about how things will be split between the two of them when we die. Hard work and lots of decisions. So I have continued to feel bad about how in the world the kids would ever split these things.

Restarting my scrapbooking hobby had me looking to see if Artscow was still in existence. Oh my goodness...not only is it still in existence but the offerings are amazing. And, the most delightful moment, everything that I have ever ordered is still in my account history and can be re-ordered. I don't know if it will really matter someday to Shaun and Syd but I know that it matters incredibly to me. There will be some extra Artscow orders going in this month. And then, I have about 10 years of scrapping to catch up on so I can do a few more volumes. Now we really need a ROFL emoji.

@Cherylndesigns I have to admit, having a chauffeur in that weather sounds pretty nice. You may want to tell him to leave the cars for a few more days. :cool:

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
@Betty Jo- you saw the LO in the Private Galery- came out cool, didn't it? :cool: Thank you so much for all of your help with DDG!
Yes, Chris, I love the way it came out. I didn't realize it was in the private gallery. I was thinking, "Why is Chris posting a layout now for a March challenge?" Duhhh . . . Now, at least I have it straight who J is. I thought J was your cute little mouse. DDG works so well for animals. I would love to have pets of my own to photog and process there for layouts. Such fun! ♥

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, all. Trying to get back into my "normal" routine again. LOL Got my coffee and getting caught up on the doings.
I did manage to get to the library yesterday afternoon and picked up 3 of my 4 books on hold. The 4th one is "in transit" from the other library and will be available on Monday. When I got home, I was delighted to see DD#1's car in the driveway. She had been in AZ for the past 10 days. She brought over some extra frozen food that they won't be able to use up before their move next weekend plus a fabulous metal double layer stand. She used it to hold fruit or plates/napkins/etc when we had family dinners. Granddaughter already has one in their house in AZ so DD didn't need to to have 2. It was so good to see DD and visit for awhile. Her hubby called while she was here and asked if I wanted my eyes checked before they move - so am set up for next Wed. I will miss having him take care of my eye checks. Oh course, DD said I could always come to AZ and have him do it there! That won't happen any time soon ... at least until the pandemic is over.

Yikes, Cheryl... an earthquake in OK!!! Glad it was a milder one and you only had some icicles fall. Yes... so glad that temps will be heading up for your area. Hope the snow melts enough for you to get your cars back up the hill. So nice to have a chauffeur for the dinner out. Your family is so great to be helping each other out. Hope that your weather goes back to "normal" soon.

Chris, that call from Scott would have anyone's heart skipping. Glad he and the car were not hurt and he waited until the plows had been through before heading back home. And you are still getting snow!!! This has been a winter from.... you know where. Sorry your shoveling the driveway was for naught and more snow fell.

Trudy, I think I would have been a bit spooked to discover I was the only one at the pool, too. Glad you got your swim in.

Linda, you can keep us on track by talking about weekends meaning something. Our days seem to blend into each other and it is hard to tell weekdays from weekends. So neat that your found that the place is still in business and your account was still there so you could order another book. I hear you about not thinking ahead about how many books to order. Since I have 5 kids - I don't order printed books as it would be very expensive. The kids see the pages I have made and can copy them. If they want the full size ones, they can let me know and I will send the files to them.

Need to get busy on a few chores around the house and then play catch-up on some scrapping. CYL

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good afternoon, my lovlies. I just had to laugh - apparently I've been logged on here ALL night. I forget that it keeps us logged in or maybe my settings need to be changed. The good thing is - I looked up at the "O" at the top of my windows and had a "1" on it. So, I knew I had new messages.

@faerywings what a scare Scott must have had and definitely gave you! That's exactly what happened with our vehicles. There is ice under the snow, so heading for a snowbank is the smart thing to do. I'm SO glad that he is fine and made it back home safely! Glad it's quit snowing, too.

Those ice slides off the roof are super loud and make me jump every time.

@LSlycord that is SO awesome that you remembered about that publisher and that they still had all of your pages! That is Serendipity! Now you can get down to business! Yes, it's nice to have chauffeur service and maybe we'll just leave the cars down there. Our SIL is going to attempt to get both of them up here today, but I'm afraid to try to go back down again, so he might as well leave them. We need a few things from the grocery, but we don't NEED anything for a couple more days. Somebody will go get them for us if need be. Yes, it's wonderful to be surrounded by family!

@BrightEyes how awesome to see your dd's car in the driveway! I'm so happy that you've had no repercussions from your shot and that you got to the library yesterday. I've downloaded about 3 books on my Kindle in the last few days. Since we're snowbound, I decided to start reading again to take a break from the computer. You know, I tried to remember if I "felt" anything from the earthquakes, but I don't recall anything. There were quite a few in OK yesterday. I hope the locusts aren't next. *shudder*

@felis I haven't taken pictures of my afghan yet, but I will. I'm dogsitting today with our DD's dog. She's a Golden Doodle and half the size of Daisy. They get to "fussing" every once in awhile and I have to set them straight. I just gave them each a big rawhide bone and of course they each want the other's bone. Haha

Hugs and waves to all.

nancyr

good afternoon - well had a nice lunch with my girlfriend and her daughter. It was delish food - middle Eastern so humus and kebabs. Omgosh it was so good. I had left overs and no I don't have to cook. Downtown is crazy busy as the town is sponsoring a Fire and Ice day. Fire as in which restaurant has the best wings and then for Ice they have ice carving going on. And they day is gorgeous sunny and 34 F. I walked to and from downtown. Everyone in masks but not much social distancing so I walked fast. There is a lot of wind so not walking Luther but my DH did that early. Got a weird phone call from a person that described themselves from my electric company. They wanted my online banking info. I got worried I hung up and then called customer service and they said they have had this happen a lot today. It scares me when they say I owe when I am sure I have already have paid. I am just glad that I did not fall for their scheme. My DH had to go into work today as yesterday all the mass transit was all messed up due to the storm.

@faerywings Chris yea we have sunshine probably tomorrow too! Wow that is something about Scott. So glad that he knew to go into a snow bank and made it home safely. We did not have to shovel as the sun has melted it off our sidewalks. That was nice of you to shovel! I love breakfast for dinner!

@BrightEyes Kay that must have been such a nice surprise to find you DD's car in the driveway! And to have food and a stand! But best of all must have been just seeing and talking to her. I am sure you will miss her and your eye doctor LOL! Have fun reading!

@Cherylndesigns wow an earthquake. Becareful with those icecicles as we had ice fall on our car's windshield and cracked it so now must be replaced. Glad things are warming up!

Waving to all
Have a great day!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
hey hey! Second day in a row where I see the sun! (I am deliberately NOT counting the snow showers we had here yesterday afternoon since the sun to snow ratio was in the sun's favor) Additionally, I am 100% blocking the temps from my brain. Numbers don't mean a thing, just like they don't when I step on a scale Bwuhahahahaha!!
I can't even begin to think about the day yesterday- long and boring and same old same old. I am almost done with the mitten- I have two more rows of the thumb, then weaving in ends. I will take a picture as soon as that is done. My mom got her second shot so I am thrilled for them!!! She is excited that she can go shopping soon!!!
Caitlyn and I cooked dinner together again, we made avocado eggrolls- Scott doesn't like them, and the timing was perfect since he was at Leah's *and* the avocados were the perfect ripeness AT THE SAME TIME! Talk about the stars aligning for us. ;)
Scott and Leah might be coming back today or maybe tomorrow depending on when Monday's snow is supposed to begin. Other than having to figure out dinner, I will start working on the food shopping for the week, finish the mitten, and the scrap page for another March challenge.

HAGD!!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@LSlycord Even though I am hating you for your weather *g* I am so happy that you are having a fun time scrapping again! That is fantastic about your Artscow account. I found them again last year when I realized that I did;t have any coupons for Shutterfly. I remembered that they took longer to print and ship than the US-based ones did so I ended up not ordering from them, but it was awesome to know that they are still around- as well as going back in and seeing your old projects! Caitlyn dragged out her paper scrapbooks from when she was born to about 6 yo yesterday and it reinforces just how much they will treasure them as they get older. I really need to journal on them, the journaling meant a lot to her, even if it was just a sentence or two. Have fun going through your older photos of the kids, that is such a good part of it all.

@Betty Jo - that threw me off as well and I know I commented on some in the Private Gallery. If you ever want photos of my pets you are welcome to them LOL @scrap-genie asked me for pictures of Rita the Tarantula and she is working on a painting of her based on them. But if you want to stick with cats and dogs, I got them, too ;)

@BrightEyes - "normal routine"... what do those words mean? ha!!! This year has been anything but that.
That must have made you so happy to visit with DD#1!!! My mom called yesterday and told me how much she misses me and wanted to drive up just to wave to us. I miss her so much too. March 1 is looming for me as the one-year point since I did something "normal" being out to lunch with her, my dad, and my brother. A week later, we were in quarantine after Cait was intentionally exposed at her preschool internship. My god. It has been a year since I hugged my parents. *deep sigh* That is too much to bear for all of us.
I hope that DD/SIL have a good move to AZ and that you will get to visit them soon after they are settled.

@Cherylndesigns I probably seem like I am online here all of the time too- I will leave the site open and pop in and out throughout the day. Be careful if you are outside near the roof, Daisy too. We have a *huge* chunk of ice on the north-facing corner of my roof and there is not a darn thing we can do about it except cross our fingers that it doesn't take off the gutters if it moves.
Any updates on the cars?

@nancyr Must have felt amazing to have lunch with your friends! That is such a fun theme for your town to have. Good idea to be there but to walk fast.
I read somewhere recently to be careful with electric/heating company scams. I think they are taking advantage of the chaos of all of the power outages across the country. Might be nice to have something other than my "car's extended warranty." pfft. I read your other post about your windshield problems. We have State Farm too, maybe I should tell Gary that he needs to get on that. He was waiting until the weather was better but if it going to take a while to get it all approved, might as well start soon. Good luck getting your done!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
We had a heat wave yesterday... made it up to 64* - but sadly that won't be the same today. May get to 40* if we are lucky. Heard something around 3 PM and looked out to see the wind blowing like mad! The patio swing was swaying and one of the chairs had been pushed so it was leaning against the patio table. Gusts were up to 50mph and it was still blowing when I went to bed last night. Looks the March winds are arriving early.
I was working on some scrapping yesterday and the next thing I knew it was mid-afternoon. So I called it a PJ day and just kicked back and enjoyed being nice and warm in my fuzzies. I enjoyed reading 1 of the library books and was going to read another one - when I realized it was the 2nd in a series... and the 1st in the series is the the one that will be ready for pickup on Monday. So will wait to start the series until then.

Chris, so glad to hear you got some sunshine... even if it was just between a few snow showers. Never had avocado eggrolls but I love avocado so bet they were yummy! Great timing that Scott was gone when they were ripe.

Linda, had to LOL about you needing to use the A/C due to the heat. Remember when we lived in Jax that we used the A/C during the winter, too. Also had to do the same when living in Corpus Christi.

Been enjoying my coffee so much now that I have my liquid favored creamer again. Off to get my 2nd cup of coffee and get dressed. I try not to do 2 PJ days in a row.

nancyr

Good afternoon - I am watching my Devils play and wow they are starting off really well. It is only the first period but I am glad to see them start on time. My DH and I have already been out on our walk. It is gorgeous. The sun is shining no wind and I know that spring is coming because all the birds were singing this am. There was just a different feel to the air. This is the last week of Feb. so I guess spring is really coming. The snow is melting event though the forecast says snow and rain tomorrow. But then it should be near 50 by Wed. Everyone is due some warmer weather. On our walk we saw a couple of young men with snow boards heading out to the woods to go up and down the hills that in summer are used by bikes. We watched and it looked like a lot of fun. Hockey yesterday was to be at Lake Tahoe and it had to be postponed for 8 hrs as the sun was so bright it melted the ice. The scenery they showed during the pregame was stunning. Tonight they will play but this time they are smart and moved the game to a night game. Love having hockey all day. I scrapped a page and only have 2 more and that project will be completed.

@faerywings congrats to your mom for getting her second shot! That is awesome! It will be so nice for you to hug your parents! That is so nice that Cait and you can cook together! I wish I had a helper who likes to chop as that is my least favorite! Enjoy the sun!

@LSlycord that is wonderful that you found that Artscow still have your past orders. Back when I was doing paper scrapping I always had two copies of each photo printed so I could do two pages one for each of my two sons! But for you all you have to do is reprint. That is why I love digital!

@BrightEyes I am glad you are sending that bit of heat eastward! Just don't send all the wind! Hope you get to keep getting warmer! I was totally impressed by your extraction. I can see why you got so focused!

Waving to all
Have a great day!

scrap-genie

I've been distracted with other projects lately. Today was nothing like that and we enjoyed sunshine and warming temps, even above freezing. Our library reopened Tuesday and today I went in to pick up some holds and grabbed a bunch of movies. Good news is that DH got his second shot Friday and mine is scheduled this coming Friday.

@nancyr We watched the last period of the Devils game (sorry about the outcome) and really enjoyed the Doc Emrick special that followed. Since we don't watch much hockey other than playoff type games, he really is the voice of hockey to us. Hope the evening Tahoe game was good.

Everyone else, know I'm thinking of you and hope all is well or getting better.