Oscraps

Daily Ooos: December 9-10: Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Party, party, party, everybody's at the party!
We are already on Day 9

Is everyone on track with the games and challenges? Not me. I am so lost, I have no clue as to what I have done and what I am supposed to be doing. That goes for here at the O as well as IRL.
I don't know what we are going to do about Jaida. She is worrying me. She won't let us work on her knee and she wants to go outside but when she is out there, she won't go potty. The last time she went, was at 10 am -- yesterday. I took her out every few hours during the day and Gary had her outside twice overnight. The only thing she wants is to go in the BR and be on our bed or on the sofa in LR.
I am so damn tired.

I have to get out of this funk in the next hour or it's not going to be any fun baking today. I asked Cait to pick up some eggnog yesterday. What time is officially OK to start spiking it? :drunk:
8 am sounds a bit early, is 9 am good? *looks at clock* That's only 90 minutes from now. I can do that. Oh, look! Now it is only 89 minutes away!! :rotfl:

I am sorry for being a complete Ms Cranky Pants. Maybe if I can get some sleep tonight I'll be more myself tomorrow. *fingers crossed*

:hug4:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
86 minutes :D

@BrightEyes I am in awe at everything you are getting done too, hope you had a lovely PJ Day!

@vickyday Fantastic news that you and Mark are feeling better.
And wonderful news about Mark's endoscopy!!

@taxed4ever Poor Hunter, that stinks to be home from school for days. Hope that Heather gets some downtime too.
Did you have a nice time puttering in your craft room? Have an easy time at Costco today.

@bcgal00 Ugh! What a mess of the movers, all that money and they did a s*** job. :(
All of my fingers and toes are crossed that nothing else was damaged. Did you pack your cameras separately?
So happy that the house and neighborhood are nice!

80 minutes....
:waiting:
(Can you tell I am having a rough morning? hahahha!!!)

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Party, party, party, everybody's at the party!
We are already on Day 9

Is everyone on track with the games and challenges? Not me. I am so lost, I have no clue as to what I have done and what I am supposed to be doing. That goes for here at the O as well as IRL.
I don't know what we are going to do about Jaida. She is worrying me. She won't let us work on her knee and she wants to go outside but when she is out there, she won't go potty. The last time she went, was at 10 am -- yesterday. I took her out every few hours during the day and Gary had her outside twice overnight. The only thing she wants is to go in the BR and be on our bed or on the sofa in LR.
I am so damn tired.

I have to get out of this funk in the next hour or it's not going to be any fun baking today. I asked Cait to pick up some eggnog yesterday. What time is officially OK to start spiking it? :drunk:
8 am sounds a bit early, is 9 am good? *looks at clock* That's only 90 minutes from now. I can do that. Oh, look! Now it is only 89 minutes away!! :rotfl:

I am sorry for being a complete Ms Cranky Pants. Maybe if I can get some sleep tonight I'll be more myself tomorrow. *fingers crossed*

:hug4:
Here's hoping for a turn around with Jaida and rest for you! :hug4: :heartpumpred:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
86 minutes :D

@BrightEyes I am in awe at everything you are getting done too, hope you had a lovely PJ Day!

@vickyday Fantastic news that you and Mark are feeling better.
And wonderful news about Mark's endoscopy!!

@taxed4ever Poor Hunter, that stinks to be home from school for days. Hope that Heather gets some downtime too.
Did you have a nice time puttering in your craft room? Have an easy time at Costco today.

@bcgal00 Ugh! What a mess of the movers, all that money and they did a s*** job. :(
All of my fingers and toes are crossed that nothing else was damaged. Did you pack your cameras separately?
So happy that the house and neighborhood are nice!

80 minutes....
:waiting:
(Can you tell I am having a rough morning? hahahha!!!)
AMEN to that! Thank you!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning Peeps!
It about killed Mark yesterday not being able to be outside "working" the way he wanted to be.....running tractors, saw mill, cutting trees down.....but he was a good boy and only drove the Durango down into the woods. He couldn't hurt anyone back there, LOL! So, he is out of the house bright and early today!

I'm still chillin' for a bit while I drink my coffee and finish waking up! Then I will try to catch up on the challenges and do some commenting. My challenge has slowed way down now!

As I look around the house, I can see that I need to do some dusting and sweeping today. I cleaned the oven yesterday. Love my self-cleaning oven! So much nicer than dealing with spraying those chemicals that you can't help but breathe a little bit!

Starting out warmer today. It is already 46* and sunny! The birds are really starting to come to the feeder! I need to replace the block and suet cakes and had to refill the feeder yesterday. I got Jenn's newest Birdies papers to create some bird pages. I just transferred a bunch of pics from the camera to the EHD yesterday.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

:cowwaving::waving3::waving1:wavinghello: to @Cherylndesigns @BrightEyes @taxed4ever @LSlycord (we miss you!) @tanteva (hope you are feeling better) @bcgal00 (hope you are feeling better)

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
WOW....... temps dropped like a rock last night! Only 22*F when I got up and now is edging toward 24*F!! :brrr: :brrr: :brrr: No snow for us... but cold winter weather with high winds blowing for the next couple of days. Back into sweats with the addition of CuddleDuds underneath. BRRRR!!! A bowl of hot oatmeal with bananas sounds good - maybe it will help warm me up. Did some research on-line and came up with a recipe for Apple Brown Betty. Have several apples I need to do something with and that sounds great. I usually make Apple Crisp but not in the mood to have a dessert with oatmeal since I am having it this morning.

Just got finished with Day 9 - Chain Scraplift Challenge LO... got it uploaded here and in the galleries. Wow, the December days are flying by and the event will soon be over. Of course, I will still be checking on my Day 12 challenge until the end of the month.

The cold/humidity is giving my hands fits today so no personals. HAGD

bcgal00

Good morning ladies. I am still sick but a bit less so. I slept a lot yesterday. We found the computer so later today we will hook it all up and hopefully it will be working ok. With two weeks til Xmas I don't think we will get a tree up, there is still too much to unpack and organize so its going to be a weird Xmas here. But who knows, I might get energetic a few days before and get it up. If not, that's ok, we are just so thankful to be in our home here and we all love it. Sitting in the breakfast nook with 3 sides of windows, looking out at the sunrise is such a wonderful way to start the day. We are heading into Calgary later today to look for a new loveseat and bar stools. We will give away our couch which is a bit too big for the space.

@faerywings Poor J, hope today is easier and you have fun baking with C later.
@vickyday What nice weather you are having, we are sunny with 6" of snow on the ground, hovering around 27. Yes, self cleaning ovens are great.

I'm going to go look at the gallery and see what fun I'm missing. HAGD everyone.

bcgal00

@BrightEyes We cross posted this morning. Sorry your hands are bothering you. I'm thinking of cozy clothes today too. For me it's going to be a big sweater (if I can find one amongst the packing) and yoga pants.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I am still sick but a bit less so. I slept a lot yesterday. We found the computer so later today we will hook it all up and hopefully it will be working ok. With two weeks til Xmas I don't think we will get a tree up, there is still too much to unpack and organize so its going to be a weird Xmas here. But who knows, I might get energetic a few days before and get it up. If not, that's ok, we are just so thankful to be in our home here and we all love it. Sitting in the breakfast nook with 3 sides of windows, looking out at the sunrise is such a wonderful way to start the day. We are heading into Calgary later today to look for a new loveseat and bar stools. We will give away our couch which is a bit too big for the space.

@faerywings Poor J, hope today is easier and you have fun baking with C later.
@vickyday What nice weather you are having, we are sunny with 6" of snow on the ground, hovering around 27. Yes, self cleaning ovens are great.

I'm going to go look at the gallery and see what fun I'm missing. HAGD everyone.
So glad you are feeling somewhat better! Have fun shopping, but don't wear yourself out!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
WOW....... temps dropped like a rock last night! Only 22*F when I got up and now is edging toward 24*F!! :brrr: :brrr: :brrr: No snow for us... but cold winter weather with high winds blowing for the next couple of days. Back into sweats with the addition of CuddleDuds underneath. BRRRR!!! A bowl of hot oatmeal with bananas sounds good - maybe it will help warm me up. Did some research on-line and came up with a recipe for Apple Brown Betty. Have several apples I need to do something with and that sounds great. I usually make Apple Crisp but not in the mood to have a dessert with oatmeal since I am having it this morning.

Just got finished with Day 9 - Chain Scraplift Challenge LO... got it uploaded here and in the galleries. Wow, the December days are flying by and the event will soon be over. Of course, I will still be checking on my Day 12 challenge until the end of the month.

The cold/humidity is giving my hands fits today so no personals. HAGD
YIKES! Sounds like a great day to snuggle with a good book for you!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning to all.

I never made it in here yesterday - it was a convoluted day. Chuck's nurse came to visit and was here for about an hour. She thinks he's doing ok, but he hasn't gained any weight. I'm plying him with calories, fat and protein, but so far, he hasn't gained an ounce. Oh, I talked to Steph for over an hour and cleaned up the kitchen. Then the girls and I ran to Walmart. We all needed a few things - my list was for ingredients to put in the smoothies. I bought two containers of baby spinach and some more frozen fruit and green bananas because we have a few already. Got some more "goodies" those sugar cookies with the icing that he likes and some chocolate chip cookies, also from the bakery.

Got home and put the groceries away and fixed myself something to eat. We sat down to watch TV and by the time we were done, I was SO nauseated. I went and laid down on my bed, on top of the bedspread, with my throw and didn't wake up until 2 AM. I think I must have laid down about 9:30. Ugh - then I had to try to get sleepy again and finally did about 4 AM. I just got up - set my alarm for 9:30. I was on here about 3 commenting on the avatars that I needed to catch up on.

Chris @faerywings I'm sorry you're having trouble with J. She's probably very confused and apparently doesn't want you "messing with her". About her not pottying, as long as she doesn't have an accident inside, she'll go when she needs to. Is she drinking a lot of water? If not, maybe that's why. Have fun baking today and I think noon is the perfect time to spike the eggnog. :boydance:It's almost noon your time - close enough, I say. I have a sign that says "Wine O'clock". Hahaha

Vicky @vickyday what wonderful news about Mark! What a load off your minds. :heartpumpred::heartpumpred:

I'm going to get off of here now and check out the new challenge.

Hugs to everybody,
XOXO

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning to all.

I never made it in here yesterday - it was a convoluted day. Chuck's nurse came to visit and was here for about an hour. She thinks he's doing ok, but he hasn't gained any weight. I'm plying him with calories, fat and protein, but so far, he hasn't gained an ounce. Oh, I talked to Steph for over an hour and cleaned up the kitchen. Then the girls and I ran to Walmart. We all needed a few things - my list was for ingredients to put in the smoothies. I bought two containers of baby spinach and some more frozen fruit and green bananas because we have a few already. Got some more "goodies" those sugar cookies with the icing that he likes and some chocolate chip cookies, also from the bakery.

Got home and put the groceries away and fixed myself something to eat. We sat down to watch TV and by the time we were done, I was SO nauseated. I went and laid down on my bed, on top of the bedspread, with my throw and didn't wake up until 2 AM. I think I must have laid down about 9:30. Ugh - then I had to try to get sleepy again and finally did about 4 AM. I just got up - set my alarm for 9:30. I was on here about 3 commenting on the avatars that I needed to catch up on.

Chris @faerywings I'm sorry you're having trouble with J. She's probably very confused and apparently doesn't want you "messing with her". About her not pottying, as long as she doesn't have an accident inside, she'll go when she needs to. Is she drinking a lot of water? If not, maybe that's why. Have fun baking today and I think noon is the perfect time to spike the eggnog. :boydance:It's almost noon your time - close enough, I say. I have a sign that says "Wine O'clock". Hahaha

Vicky @vickyday what wonderful news about Mark! What a load off your minds. :heartpumpred::heartpumpred:

I'm going to get off of here now and check out the new challenge.

Hugs to everybody,
XOXO
I hope you are feeling better today! :hug4:
Yes, we are definitely relieved by the endoscopy results!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I hope you are feeling better today! :hug4:
Yes, we are definitely relieved by the endoscopy results!
Thanks, Vicky. I'm a little sluggish from having such broken sleep, but no nausea. Thankfully. I can't even imagine the relief you and Mark are feeling after his procedure yesterday!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Happy Sunday!

Good news- I am only a Sort Of Ms. Cranky Pants today. Maybe I can say I'm Ms. Cranky Bermuda Shorts? :giggle4:

Cait and I had a fun and successful baking day. We didn't start spiking our eggnogs until after 10 am, we wanted to do the measuring first. The one recipe we triple and need 8 cups of flour. The other one we double and we need 6 3/4 cups. We learned the hard way that we cannot get distracted so one of us measures and counts out loud, the other repeats back and makes tick marks.
We put on our music (Trans-Siberian Orchestra), lit some candles, turned the tree on, and worked from 9 am until almost 5 pm. I loved it!

Jaida's still being a butt but has been going potty. That's a relief. I am still exhausted but not as bad as yesterday. I have to post this, it's 8 am which means it's breakfast and meds time for Jaida. Just b-fast for Whisky who is feeling pretty neglected. I save a bit of cheese or peanut butter for her when I hide J's meds in that but the poor girl doesn't understand why she isn't getting the attention that J is. :/

Be back asap for personals!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
J is all fed and dosed. I washed her face and cleaned her ears. Now I can leave her in peace for an hour or so. LOL

@vickyday Thank you for the hugs! Cracks me up that Mark *must be* outside. I get it! I love self-cleaning ovens too, now if we could just get self-cleaning *houses.*
Jenn's bird papers are gorgeous, wish I had more time to scrap. Did you get any in the Gallery?

@BrightEyes :brrr: that's cold! Hope that you stay warm and cozy. What is the difference between an Apple Brown Betty and Apple Crisp? Just the oatmeal in the topping?

@bcgal00 We all agreed that Cheryl shouldn't bother with a tree and we are gonna say the same to you. It's not worth all of the stress and chaos. Have you seen the rosemary plants as trees? Scott got me one a few years ago and it was cute and then used for cooking :)
Remi must be soooooo excited with the snow!

@Cherylndesigns Was the nurse/medical team concerned by Chuck not gaining weight? How far under his normal weight is he?
I hope that he starts to get back on track.
You must have been ragged after everything, I hope that you are feeling a lot better today. We all need to remember to pace ourselves (yes, pot/kettle and all that :D) or we'll be miserable.

Ok, time to get rolling.....

xoxoxo

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
J is all fed and dosed. I washed her face and cleaned her ears. Now I can leave her in peace for an hour or so. LOL

@vickyday Thank you for the hugs! Cracks me up that Mark *must be* outside. I get it! I love self-cleaning ovens too, now if we could just get self-cleaning *houses.*
Jenn's bird papers are gorgeous, wish I had more time to scrap. Did you get any in the Gallery?

@BrightEyes :brrr: that's cold! Hope that you stay warm and cozy. What is the difference between an Apple Brown Betty and Apple Crisp? Just the oatmeal in the topping?

@bcgal00 We all agreed that Cheryl shouldn't bother with a tree and we are gonna say the same to you. It's not worth all of the stress and chaos. Have you seen the rosemary plants as trees? Scott got me one a few years ago and it was cute and then used for cooking :)
Remi must be soooooo excited with the snow!

@Cherylndesigns Was the nurse/medical team concerned by Chuck not gaining weight? How far under his normal weight is he?
I hope that he starts to get back on track.
You must have been ragged after everything, I hope that you are feeling a lot better today. We all need to remember to pace ourselves (yes, pot/kettle and all that :D) or we'll be miserable.

Ok, time to get rolling.....

xoxoxo
He definitely loves being in the woods!
I got some scrapping done but not as much time in the gallery as I was planning on. I'll get more time after church today.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Have a great day to all! Heading out in a few minutes. We're picking up one of the ladies from church who is basically wheelchair bound. It's motorized and she has a special van to transport it. Always willing to help someone get to church!
:bye2:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
:brrr: :brrr: :brrr: :brrr: It is COLD this AM... 21* when I got up but is now down to 18*F! :brrr::brrr::brrr::brrr: Thank goodness my house is well insulated. I turned the heat up to 70 but it will take awhile for it to get there. I am bundled up in a heavy terry robe over my winter fleece PJs. The good news is that I slept through the night.. no waking up in the middle of the night. Hurray!
Apple Crisp has a topping made with oatmeal, flour, sugars, spices with butter cut into them. Apple Brown Betty does not have oatmeal and is made with a layer of apples, a layer of dry/butter mixture, another layer of apples and topped with another layer of dry/butter mixture. Apple BB is a more moist dessert as it has more butter than the Crisp. I did not get around to making it yesterday. I went to the organic food store and use my $5 off coupon for a bag of clementines and some sweet potatoes. The prices there are almost double what they are in the grocery store. Stopped by the library and checked out 3 books and got my Reading Bingo prize - a mug with a candy cane and package of hot chocolate. The gals there were so excited as I was the first person to start off the Adult Winter Warm Reading challenge by getting the pamphlet on it and a free book a few days ago... and the first to get the Reading Bingo prize. The four of us chatted about some of the Bingo squares I completed - read a book about winter (Written in Red), read a book with 1 word title (Identity), read a book by an author with your name (Kay Hooper), read a book that was made into a TV series (Outlander), read a classic (Rebecca). attend a Library activity (quarterly book sale) etc. It was so much fun talking about books and favorite authors. Really perked up my spirits. Earlier this week, I got a new library card as my old keychain one was tattered and worn out. When I went to checkout the library books yesterday,, I realized that the new one wasn't on my keyring. I had the new larger cc sized one in my wallet so was able to get the books. When I got home, I looked through my purse and around the house... and couldn't find it. Finally went into the garage and found it laying on the floor next to my car. The small ring holder it had been on only had 1 small wire overlap so the library one must have snagged and been pulled off as I got my keys out when I got home. I got a much sturdier ring and transferred all my keyring cards onto it. I like using the small keyring size cards at the grocery store, pharmacy, stores rather than dig the large cards out of my wallet.

Talked to Sister yesterday afternoon. They got snow there... about 3" while all we got was cold temps and wind. It was good to catch up on how she was doing. The choir (160+ members) Christmas performances went off well this past week. She slept wrong the night before the last one and had back pain for the last performance. Thank goodness, she was seated so could participate.

I managed to finally get clean sheets on the guest room bed in the afternoon. It is only a week until DD#1 is here... so looking forward to seeing her - and her hubby. Just hope the weather is good as he will be driving to a small town several miles from here to hold his eye clinic. DD#3 may take a day off to come over and visit while DD#1 is here.

Off to check out Day 10 challenge. HAGD

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Good evening all,

It's been a busy day - I had to get up early and the girls picked me up at 11:30 (you all know that's early for me to be out and about). We went to Muskogee to TJMaxx. I solemnly swear that I will not go near that store or any like that until after the Christmas returns are over!!! Adrienne almost had a panic attack and I was parking my cart up by the front window and carrying items to it you couldn't even get up and down an aisle. :killer::rollingpin1: Merry Christmas! :xmas8: Of course, Ava, being Ava was just wheeling around in her own little world.

Since I'm not putting up the tree, I got a few things for my mantle; some greenery with pretty silver balls on in, a beautiful glistening bauble and some adorable little signs. I can't put anything very tall on my mantle because the TV hangs too low and I don't have a lot of space. I need to add some lights and it will be good to go. Adrienne and I dropped Ava off and went up to her storage room and I grabbed a few of my things, including a box of lights that I forgot I had. I might drape one strand across my counter tops and over the top of the stove - I've done that before and it's so pretty. I think there are about 6 strands in that box. I hope my big tall table top trees are in the other box I brought home. I have a set of them + a couple of bottle trees that I usually sit on my kitchen table. Ava went through my trunk the other day and found some of my stuff, too. She found some runners, my Grinch and my Countdown to Christmas Owl plus some other stuff. She got out all of my Christmas kitchen towels and hung them up, too, and changed out a couple of my wreaths and other wall art for my Christmas ones. (Is that even good grammar? "ones") :floorlaugh: Whew!

Chris @faerywings good for you that you didn't crack open the alcohol until you got that big recipe done. Hard to tell what you'd have ended up with. I know you girls had a ball and J is still being a pot. She probably will be until this mess with her is over. Poor girl - poor you. I'm finally back on track but that one night was a mess and took me a couple of days to get normal (as normal as I ever am.) Chuck's weight when he was health was around 180 lbs. He's not lost any more weight since he was in the rehab center, so the nurse wasn't concerned. He's maintaining the weight, but of course, I'd like to see him gain some of it back. He always loved to eat and had a great appetite.

Rae @bcgal00 I'm not putting up a tree this year - for the first time in forever. I just don't have the energy - I almost caved today when I saw it up at my DD's, but I didn't. I'll make the house festive, but putting up the tree is just too much. Over the top. I hope you're finding your stuff and getting unpacked. The movers that we used for our move out here sucked, too. They actually forgot some of our stuff!! We had a great big safe (it was empty) but they didn't bring it and some other stuff. They didn't bring my vacuum which was a special made vacuum called a Kirby that we bought online. We got free bags for life (which we obviously don't need now and it was for ANY kind of floors and it didn't blow, it sucked. I was so angry over the safe and the vacuum.

I'm going to say hugs to ALL and get off of here. I see that I've been logged in since last night - I'm so bad about that. I'm working on the chain scraplift and need to get caught up with that.

Happy Sunday and big hugs :hug4:

bcgal00

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I finally got the computer to work (maybe). We'll see tomorrow if the error message comes back that was happening every time I started it up today, also the CAT6 cord wasn't working so we found another one to use and the error message didn't come back when we booted it up after that. But, the error message shouldn't have anything to do with the non-functioning internet connection, We'll see tomorrow if I can get on my computer or not. Then, if so, I need to hook up EHDs and see if I can get onto PS and be ready to scrap a bit. We have unpacked a lot but have so much more to unpack, such a big job! I have been watching the most glorious skies from our porch so hopefully I'll find my charger and batteries soon so I can get back to taking and posting photos.

My cold is getting better albeit slowly. D got me a new TV for the bedroom so I am enjoying watching it as I fall asleep at night or nap during the day. The new LR TV comes Wed, so I need to clear the space in the bonus room for the installer to put the old LR TV in there.

I think no matter what, tomorrow I will sit and relax at my laptop and check out the fun here. I have been working hard at unpacking, I feel I can slow down a bit now and have a bit of "me" time.