Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: December 25-26: Chritsmas Edition!!!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

It is 8:30 am, and it is still all very quiet in my house. Harley had me up at 6:30, tried to go back to sleep, but couldn't so I got up at 7:30. I spent some time on FB reading over some really sweet Christmas moments that everyone is sharing. New babies, kids notes to Santa.... so exciting for all :D

I just have to tidy up the house (guess i should wait until after the wrapping paper avalanche) and get the food ready for the families when they come up here.

I hope that you all have a fabulous day with your families and friends.
Much love and Christmas spirit to you all.

LSlycord

Good morning Chris! I saw that you were on and so I knew that the Daily O's would be started soon. Shaun was up at 5:30...and promptly sent back to bed. :) They were both up by 7:00 and we have all gifts opened. I've baked two pumpkin pies and need to get my potatoes peeled. I'll be back in a bit!

hondachicc

Good Morning and MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!!!

Well....we woke up to snow this morning!!! It had called for 6 inches for today, earlier in the week....but then they changed it about an inch....so we had been back and forth on when to do our family get together....we normally go to my Mom's on Christmas afternoon...that is where we landed as of yesterday...because there was not going to be any snow until tonight...but now we have some...not too much though...not enough to keep us in.

I have been MIA...I know...I had been feeling better and just doing things to get ready....plus I had the kids all week...so I was really busy....the bad news is....I am relasping...as of last night......My cough is back worse than before....and my head is getting stuffy again....my breathing was horrible all night...my chest feels tight. So I suppose tomorrow I will be off to the Dr again....

But besides that....I have done all the normal pre Christmas stuff....Cameran and I made Gingerbread houses, We did our day out to see all the Christmas sights, took Jesse and Jaiden to see Santa day before yesterday....Then yesterday, I cleaned, cooked and wrapped presents.

So my fabulous O family....I want to wish you all a very MERRY and WONDERFUL Christmas!!! I hope you are all enjoying your families and friends!!!

We will be off to my Mom's in a while....after we swing by Sharon's to see what the kids got for Christmas!!

LOVE TO YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!

LaurieW

lOve the O!
hO hO hO & Merry Christmas to my O family- love you guys- you help keep me sane- normal - not just a setting on the dryer! We have opened gifts- not as many this year- as my kids have aged and we moved away from family- Christmas traditions have changed. Mr. Gorgeous and I did not buy presents to put under the tree- bought more dance lessons and more vacation time- so we bought the gift of time together.

Planning to scrap some later and I also need to peel potatoes- ds and his gf will return for dinner. He leaves soon to have a meal with them.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Merry Christmas Laurie, Nana Linda, LindaS and Chris... Quiet morning for the two of us here, no gifts until later this evening, just waiting to Skype with the kids and then its off to my sisters and then to the In-Laws. Hope you are enjoying your day!! I love you all and wish you the very best of the holiday season!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Trudy- did your family leave for Australia yet? No matter where they are, I am sure Skype is a godsend.

laurie- ITA with you- If it weren't for the O, I would probably be bouncing off of the walls in some rubber room by now!
I LOVE your and YMG's gift- dance lessons- that is a gift of yourselves to each other. wonderful!!! And I imagine a big part of a long and successful marriage

nana-- please take care of yourself! Your IRL and your O-Fam all need you. Have a great day with the kids!

Linda S- mmm mmmm! Clara and I really need to make a road tripp soon to see you. Thank you for everything today.

Love you all!

PS: My fav gifts- Caitlyn made me a photo album of pics of the 2 of us from Disney, in a Mickey photo album jacket. melted my heart!!!
Scott made me my very own Zombie Survival "Go bag" complete with his old work boots, a new Swiss Army type knife, bandages and boxes of cereal and Ramen.
How funny is he??

I love my kids, I really do!

mei74

Merry Christmas! We were up at 6:30 and the gifts were promptly opened! I love Christian's excitement! Great day relaxing with my little fam. Tomorrow my parents arrive, hopefully, as we are expecting snow...

Hope Santa was good to you all and you are enjoying your day!

ourmisadventures

Merry Christmas everyone!!!! We had a wonderful brunch & exchanged gifts, Jeff's parents surprised us with an amazing ornament to signify our first Christmas together :) When we got that I had a hard time keeping it together, but I deflected pretty well!!! Jeff's mom was amazing -- part of their gift to Jeff was a renewal of his favorite magazine. Well, she stole the newest issue out of the mail a few days ago and wrapped it up with a note about his renewal! LOL!
So, Jeff's off to work & I'm probably going to take a nap. I've been nursing a migraine for the last 48 hours. This morning Jeff found a massive knot on my shoulder & neck. He worked it out as much as he could, and as much as I could handle... it helped ease the migraine.
Well, I think I'm actually going to take a short drive and grab some photos of the snow covered Sierras for you ladies! Jeff just texted that it's super clear out, and with the rain coming back tonight, this is my only chance until we return from Ojai.

LSlycord

Just had to check back in here this evening. As hard as Thanksgiving was for Mom, Christmas was equally wonderful. We all went to Christmas Eve services last night (my folks, my brother's family and us...13 in all) and then on to Mom and Dad's for gift exchange. Then, this morning, we got up and had Christmas for our family. The kids enjoyed themselves.

I cooked Christmas dinner. (I counted and this was my 36th time cooking Christmas dinner...I've been doing it since I was a freshman in college when Grandma gave it up. I told everyone that I was going for 14 more...when I hit 50, someone else gets to take it over.) Everyone came back for that. And, when everyone left, Sydney and I took naps together. A beautiful, blessed day!

LSlycord

Nana Linda, you need to get well! I hope that the doctor can give you something that works! But I'm glad that you were well enough that you were able to keep the Christmas traditions going. I know how much that means to both you and the kids!

Hope it was a very good afternoon with your mom!

LSlycord

Laurie, good that you had one of the boys home today. And I love the gifts that you and Mr. Gorgeous got for each other. Nothing like investing in extra time together!

LSlycord

Trudy, hope that you had a good time with your quiet Christmas. And I was just talking about how Skype and the internet has changed the world! When Brian and I were first married, we lived in Texas and it was so far from home. I would have adjusted much better if I'd been able to Skype home and chat on the internet!

LSlycord

Chris and Clara, you guys take a road trip anytime. I'd love to cook dinner for you both. As a matter of fact, if I win the PowerBall, I'll fly all of the O girls to my house and cook dinner for you! I won't hire a cook because the cooking is a labor of love for me! Alas, I don't have a PowerBall ticket tonight so we'll need to wait until next Wednesday at least. :rofl:

LSlycord

ME, glad that Christian had fun today! And just think, this time next year, you'll have someone to eat the paper. And hope that your folks can make it in through the snow tomorrow. :bounce:

LSlycord

Meg so sorry about the migraine. But it sounds like you had a good time in spite of it. Glad that the in-laws found you such a touching gift. And especially glad that your grandpa got that card to you yesterday!

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
Merry Christmas, my darling O fam!! just wanted to pop in before I fell asleep here in a few minutes...I'm working on very little sleep, but I got all of my projects and preparations done in time. And this morning I was up again by 7:20am to get my turkey in again! It was FABULOUS!!! I may have to have more when i get up from my little bitty nap I'm about to take!! LOL!!

Off to sleep in front of the cowboys game...love you all!!!

ourmisadventures

Meg so sorry about the migraine. But it sounds like you had a good time in spite of it. Glad that the in-laws found you such a touching gift. And especially glad that your grandpa got that card to you yesterday!

Thanks Linda!!!
I managed to remember I have some tramadol, took it, and my migraine has for the most part gone away! I wasn't able to go and take any pictures, bc by saying it was super clear out -- Jeff meant from up in the foothills, where he works! We still had cloudy skies :( But we're planning on staying at a lodge in the Giant Sequoia Nat'l Monument in early Jan, so I'll get lots of pictures :)

Right now my FIL is making split pea soup from a TINY bit of the left over ham! The ham was HUGE!!!! And it wasn't some cheap off brand either, I was surprised! Normally Jeff's work tries to do everything as CHEAP as possible, but since they didn't give the bonuses they promised... maybe they put that money towards better hams?!?! So we have TONS of leftovers, most is getting frozen. Jeff's looking forward to me making him fried rice from the left overs, I think I might also do a quiche when we get back from my family's ranch.

So, my sister got a pretty nice point & shoot digicam for Christmas! If I get a tablet (we put it off, because I haven't desperately needed it, and we wanted the new xbox lol) I wont need the PSE that comes with it, so we're going to give it to her so she can also learn to scrap! She's only ten & 1/2, so she can't participate in forums and stuff online, but she'll definitely be getting all my stuff for free :) She's super creative & smart, so I know she'll have fun scrapping.

My brother got a "big knife" according to my dad. Uhm... nice to know!

Right now I'm going through all of my embroidery patterns & freebies online to find a project for the drive to my grandparent's. I don't want to read, and I can only play games on my phone so much, so it's time I picked up the needle & hoop again!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
good morning my lovely O-Fam! It is quiet in my house, everyone else is still asleep. i am going to finsih this cup of coffee and start cleaning up the dishes I left in the sink last night.

As soon as I get the house in relative order, I am taking the day off to spend here! I have to-- I haven't scrapped in forever!

It sounds like all of you had a wonderful past few days and I hope that the holiday cheer continues on!

:kiss:

LaurieW

lOve the O!
morning Chris- just finished my dishes- starting on laundry- when I finish my cup of coffee, I am getting on the treadmill - 2 miles per day- for 40 days-that is my goal! I plan to scrap as well. Just mr gorgeous and I at home today- ds went back to his frat house- my house makes him sick- I am sure it is the cat hair and the old carpet, so I guess after the tree comes down, I will start taking the carpet out- we plan on replacing the floors anyways.

ourmisadventures

Happy Boxing Day!!!!

Today we're scrambling around to get everything done for the trip to the ranch. I'm waiting to hear back from the photo lab if my prints will be done in time :(

Last night I redesigned my website!!! I really like how it turned out, jeff even likes it!

Ok, time to make my to-do list and start checking things off!!!

ourmisadventures

love the new design Meg- hope you were able to get your pics and have a safe trip!

thank you laurie!! I got your comment :)

I did end up getting my prints -- I use a local professional photo lab, and I was freaking out that they didn't open today because no one was answering the phone... even though their website said they were open!!! Jeff went by and sure enough they were ready!!!

All but one gift is wrapped -- I need to make a pillowbox for my bro's itunes giftcard. Lol, I also have to purchase the giftcard -- which I'm going to go do as soon as Jeff leaves for work!

I think I'm ready to close my CT call -- I got one great applicant today, but her gallery is mostly stock photos -- so I sent a message to some of her current CT leaders for references. I'm just hesitant to use someone who isn't using their own photos -- just because of all the stuff that happened with that team of CT members reselling their designers' stuff. With stock photos they're able to conceal their identities.