Oscraps

Daily Ooos: August 3-4: Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
:hammock:

Who is ready to laze the day away?
Not me, I am not able to "be" lazy. I can waste time and be unproductive but I have to be "busy" while doing nothing of consequence.
Yesterday fit into that mode. I felt busy even while not accomplishing a darn thing. We went to Home Depot to return the cabinet and decided to not bother with Target. Gary's legs were hurting and I hate shopping so it didn't make sense to wander around since we didn't need anything. Actually, we do need something-- a new comforter - since ours has been ripped to shreds by the dogs. I turn it upside down although even the bottom side is getting a few tears.

I wanted to scrap but I couldn't. I looked at the challenges, my photos, the new kits-- and couldn't come up with anything. The more I stared at the computer, the bigger headache I gave myself. I did yoga and worked on the puzzle for a while, but that was about it.

Caitlyn and I-- and hopefully Gary if he can- are going to a dinner party for my parents' 60th wedding anniversary. My brother and Sis IL are having at a restaurant near them. They think they are going to a Boy Scout dinner for my nephew ;)
I wish I knew what to wear. Reason #977858 I love my job: Staff T-shirt and shorts/leggings. Nothing to think about at all. (Unless it is a Pool Day. Then I overthink LOL)

I might try to scrap today. I have a couple of photos I'd like to work with. One is of a monarch caterpillar I saw on my milkweed!! I was super excited when I saw it. Like a little kid. Talking to it, telling it to be careful since a thunderstorm was coming in. I have been looking for monarch eggs on the milkweed all summer but they look almost the same as the milksap. Ooooh, I have a third seed pod growing too! I am thrilled! dance4
Between the self-propagating they are doing underground and the seeds, I'll be able to have a little milkweed garden.
The downside to that is having to clean the aphids off of their leaves. There are a lot of them right now and they're starting to destroy the leaves. They are yucky. Blech.

On that...weird....note, I'm going to post this and move on to personals. HAGD!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Chris, I used to feel the same way. I always want to over think it. But I've learned to find a bg paper that I love, plop a photo down, minimize it, add a nice frame.....or not.....or use a nice photomask. Then add a title and an embellishment or two. Voila! Done!
I wanted to do yoru challenge yesterday- I thought I had a good photo but then I couldn't; find a kit. Then I found a kit but couldn't find a photo. Maybe I can try again today.

@taxed4ever How did the screen installation go? I hope that the workers did your house first. That way if the ILs made them :crazy: and they ran off, at least your doors would be done. I hope the traffic isn't awful and/or that you can stay at home the entire weekend. It sounds like the traffic during our Autumn Lights Festival when I couldn't even leave my driveway.
OMG only six weeks left??? How the heck did that happen?? Opps sorry I don't mean to add to your stress, but man the time is really flying by!! It will all be ok my faery friend, you got this and you must be so excited for the big day to arrive!
I know-- it's crazy and awful and exciting and mindblowing and emotional and just another day- all wrapped into one.
I was helping Caitlyn with some of the tables/floor plans yesterday and she needed to take a break so she didn't get overwhelmed. Still so many decisions!
I hope the temps come down for Heather and the boys soon.
Good morning ladies. I was off-line (except for my phone) since Wed afternoon. The internet and tv went out. It took until Thurs late morning to finally get thru to them.
Ugh, how frustrating! I hope that you can switch to Jen's provider without any issues.
I am LMBO over the dogs howling. I am imagining Taz rolling his eyes at them.
I am so happy for you and D- it must be so satisfying to see how engaged he is with all of your activities and travel plans. You have landed in the best place for you all :hug3:
Can you share a link for the packing technique, please? Cait and Tom are going on a cruise for their honeymoon and that might be a nice way for them to pack too.
Hold on, its gonna be a fun one again. Up to 30mph winds expected this afternoon.
Hold on tight-- don't let your laundry blow away!
Darn clothes haven't learned to clean themselves yet.
I don't mind laundry, I wish the food would prep itself though.
Hope you had a nice pizza night. What Bon Jovi songs did you listen to? (That reminds me I wanted to ask a question about music on the forums.)

I'm ready for margaritas and laughter! Where and when ladies???
No margaritas for me but I'll take a pina colada or a pain killer :drunk: Laughter-- that's a given LOL

:hug4:

AK_Tracy

Good Morning!!!!

I wish I knew what to wear.
Sundress with shall/sweater. Flats, not heel. Flip-flops if you can stand that thing wedged between the toes :floorlaugh: If you want pants, then wear slacks or jeans and a nice flowey blouse.
The downside to that is having to clean the aphids off of their leaves.
How do you do this? Our garden expert told us to use soap and water mix and spray the aphids. This wont hurt the plant but will get the bugs off. I think it was 1 tsp soap to 1 cup water.
I don't mind laundry, I wish the food would prep itself though.
Hope you had a nice pizza night. What Bon Jovi songs did you listen to?
Well, dear get up here! I'll cook and you do laundry!!!!! I watched the documentary on Bon Jovi and bought the This House Is Not For Sale album and so that was what I listened to then switched it up with some Gaelic Storm and Drop Kick Murphy.

And pick me! I am ready to laze away the day. I dont have issues doing so but seem to be missing the opportunity lately. Work calls and being first of the month it wont be a lazy day today. At least its a sit down job.

Coffee is calling, must answer it and get a second cup.
HAGD!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Just got back from running Remi at the field along the river. She cries during the 5 min drive there, she is always so excited LOL. The weather is cooling off a bit so I am really going to enjoy the next few weeks. I'll be able to get outside and start placing rocks around the garden area and doing some yard maintenance without sweating to death. It should be mid 70s to low 80s for a few days and then down to low to mid 70s. Yay, my perfect weather!

We are off to play a gambling dice game this afternoon with a group at the legion. They serve a fantastic perogies and sausage lunch. I'm making a dip later today for game day tomorrow. I'm also re-organizing my dressing room and purging some things for charity. I want D to put up a floating shelf on a wall in my walk-in to put my purses on. Maybe he'll do that today.

@faerywings Here's the youtube link for packing. I will not follow this exactly but to a great extent I will. I like the idea of a complete day's wardrobe in one cube so I'm not searching thru everything the first day in the hotel and then first day on the ship. After that I'll be unpacking into the cabinet drawers but that can be done leisurely.

I need more coffee and should get on with my day.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Afternoon!
Mark and I rode the motorcycle to breakfast this morning and then took the L-O-N-G road home! Ended up getting sprinkled on, too! But it was slight and felt refreshing, actually!
This afternoon we have been relaxing in front of the TV. I'm scrapping while doing that.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

I felt busy even while not accomplishing a darn thing.
HA! I have lots of those days!
a dinner party for my parents' 60th wedding anniversary.
Congrats to your parents!
Reason #977858 I love my job: Staff T-shirt and shorts/leggings. Nothing to think about at all.
I loved being able to wear jeans to work when we lived in WV.
Disgusting little things they are!
couldn't find a photo
You could even use an image from a kit that you like!
mid 70s to low 80s for a few days and then down to low to mid 70s. Yay, my perfect weather!
Now, that's my kind of weather! I think I'll come and visit with you !

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Had plans to get in here early this morning, but got side-tracked and ended up scrapping a LO for CarolW Aug Template Challenge instead. Glad I did as it was so much fun to do. By then the morning was half-gone so I had to get dressed and run a couple of errands. It is Tax-free weekend here in NM (most school items plus clothes are tax-free) so as you can imagine the stores were over flowing with shoppers. I made it to Kohl's, Home Instead, and Wal-Mart. Came out with NOTHING but a back and feet aching!!! Then stopped at Smith's grocery and only got 2 pkg of bacon (at 60% off). I think I should have stayed home and rested instead of battling the crowds. Too tired to fix lunch so have some Movie Popcorn instead. I meant to go to the library but forgot to take the books with me. Will wait until Tuesday (it is closed on Monday) and will see if the gas prices have gone down once the weekend it over.

@faerywings Congrats to your parents on their 60th anniversary!!! As for to wear.... be sure your shoes are comfortable ones; a nice blouse and pants would be appropriate or a summer dress you are comfortable in. Since the wedding is coming up soon and you will be wearing "dressy" for the events then, I would go more relaxed and comfortable.

@vickyday glad you had a nice ride and didn't get too wet!!

Sorry, gals... I am too bushed to read back over the past few days and get caught up on all that is going on and commenting on them. I hope to read back tomorrow and start getting back into the normal swing of things.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Hello hello! Happy Sunday to my friends!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Saturday and slept late today. Me-- I had a so-so Saturday and slept late if you wanna call it that. I made it to 5.40 which is almost a full half-hour past the normal time I wake up. "Normal." Ha. It truly doesn't matter what time I go to bed, I am always awake within the 4.30 and 6 am range.

I still didn't do any scrapping yesterday. I had planned on using the caterpillar photos but when I went to clean the aphids off of the milkweed, the little guy was curled on a leaf, dead. :( I shouldn't take it so hard but I was very sad and disappointed. Not as bad as when the baby birds died in spring 2020. It was during Covid and I think my family put so much interest and care into them as a symbol of hope that all four of us were devasted when they didn't make it through a cold snap.

My parents were very surprised at the dinner. I think they were happy about it, it was hard to tell. :giggle4: Gary wasn't able to make it and I wish he had- even just to drive at night. My goodness, I had such a hard time seeing between the rain and the windshield fogging up and the traffic and headlights. It barely rains all summer and the one time I have to drive at night-- it pours.

I have to get my act together today and do *something* or I will lose my mind. :crazy: I started working on my grocery order and that sure didn't help. LOL
My first task: Write a to-do list.

I hope everyone has a fab day! Hugs!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
If you want pants, then wear slacks or jeans and a nice flowey blouse.
That's what I wore! Cute jeans, a sleeveless floral top, and black boots. I even put on makeup and did my hair. And complained about it before I left. It cracks me up that when I was younger I wouldn't walk out my door unless I had full-face makeup/hair done and now I'm thrilled if I am not wearing PJs. :rotfl:
I wipe the aphids off with wet paper towels. I read that the Dawn and water mix also works, but simply wiping does the trick. I try not to use anything on my plants if I can help it. Neem oil occasionally on the true lilies b/c picking lily beetle larvae off them is dis-gut-ting. Diatomaceous earth helped with that but I only use it if I have to.
Well, dear get up here! I'll cook and you do laundry!!!
I'm on my way, can we have pizza? :D

@bcgal00 Thank you for the video link, Cait said to say thank you too. She hasn't had a chance to look at anything for packing but she knows she will be stressing over that soon enough.
Did you see anything neat at the river when you took Remi out?
Enjoy the weather and getting out in the "new" yard!

Mark and I rode the motorcycle to breakfast this morning and then took the L-O-N-G road home! Ended up getting sprinkled on, too! But it was slight and felt refreshing, actually!
How long had it been since you were out riding? Bet it felt wonderful to be out in the fresh air.

@BrightEyes Uggggghh-- your shopping trip sounds like torture to me. Sorry that all you got was an aching back.
My parents' anniversary was in June but everyone was busy with the bridal shower and my dad's medical issues, so my brother felt it was better to wait. I think I would have had a meltdown if I had one more thing to deal with in June so I was happy that he did it now.
ince the wedding is coming up soon and you will be wearing "dressy" for the events then, I would go more relaxed and comfortable.
GMTA! I have a really pretty skirt that was my backup if I didn't like the dress I wore to the shower. I was thinking of wearing it last night but set it aside if I need something for the rehearsal dinner. (Which is the next thing I need to think about and plan. It never ever ends..... :thud: )

It's good, I am all good!

Just keep pumping :coffee1: into my veins.

xoxo

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
That's what I wore! Cute jeans, a sleeveless floral top, and black boots. I even put on makeup and did my hair. And complained about it before I left. It cracks me up that when I was younger I wouldn't walk out my door unless I had full-face makeup/hair done and now I'm thrilled if I am not wearing PJs. :rotfl:
I wipe the aphids off with wet paper towels. I read that the Dawn and water mix also works, but simply wiping does the trick. I try not to use anything on my plants if I can help it. Neem oil occasionally on the true lilies b/c picking lily beetle larvae off them is dis-gut-ting. Diatomaceous earth helped with that but I only use it if I have to.

@bcgal00 Thank you for the video link, Cait said to say thank you too. She hasn't had a chance to look at anything for packing but she knows she will be stressing over that soon enough.
Did you see anything neat at the river when you took Remi out?
Enjoy the weather and getting out in the "new" yard!

How long had it been since you were out riding? Bet it felt wonderful to be out in the fresh air.

@BrightEyes Uggggghh-- your shopping trip sounds like torture to me. Sorry that all you got was an aching back.
My parents' anniversary was in June but everyone was busy with the bridal shower and my dad's medical issues, so my brother felt it was better to wait. I think I would have had a meltdown if I had one more thing to deal with in June so I was happy that he did it now.

GMTA! I have a really pretty skirt that was my backup if I didn't like the dress I wore to the shower. I was thinking of wearing it last night but set it aside if I need something for the rehearsal dinner. (Which is the next thing I need to think about and plan. It never ever ends..... :thud: )

It's good, I am all good!

Just keep pumping :coffee1: into my veins.

xoxo
It has been a little while since we rode the bike. I don't even remember when, lol!

AK_Tracy

It cracks me up that when I was younger I wouldn't walk out my door unless I had full-face makeup/hair done and now I'm thrilled if I am not wearing PJs. :rotfl:
Isn't it funny how we change? for the better!!! I dont leave home without make-up but its not full face like it use to be. Now its foundation and mascara and that is enough. Maybe lipstick if I'm feeling spicy!
YES! Every Friday! I'll even figure out a good option for your dietary needs. Reminds me, need to feed the sourdough starter so I can make the dough tomorrow.

First things, coffee. BRB

AK_Tracy

This was Fridays fun. Everyone has their own personal pizza. They fill the dinner plate. Then there is always two extra so we have lunch the next day. Add what you want, no complaints LOL

Attachments

• IMG_5273-1.jpg
    IMG_5273-1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5274-1.jpg
    IMG_5274-1.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Popping here a bit later than usual.... Had 2 LOs I had to get done... Love the FWP - Just Grungy by Joyful Heart this week. Squeezing in before the release date tomorrow on another LO.... Now I need to really look at the challenges and get busy on some of them.

@AK_Tracy Oh, those look so yummy... Think I have a pizza in the freezer so may have to get it out. NO... on second thought... it is too hot to turn the oven on. Guess it will wait until late Sept/Oct! :rotfl: I made guacamole yesterday as I had 4 avocados that were ripe and needed to be used. Now I have 3 small tubs of guacamole in the freezer. I made a large cheese quesadilla and covered it with guacamole for supper.

@faerywings Glad you were comfortable in your pants/top for the party. I am another one who only puts on eyebrow and eyeliner now... no more full make-up like I used to wear. Got out of the habit of lipstick when Covid hit and went to wearing a mask when out and about. I am back to wearing a mask when out again... so no lipstick - just use lip balm.

@vickyday glad you got a ride in...

Off to get a bite to ear and then see what challenges I might tackle this afternoon. HAGD

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Hello all,

Thought I'd pop in and say hi. :wavinghello:

It's going on six o'clock and I've got NOTHING accomplished today. So can I join the club? I've been looking for a lost insurance card - it was here a few days ago - and now it's gone. I hate when that happens. I've been stressing all day and I thought "What would Chuck Say?" WWCS? He would say "Hon, it's Sunday and there's nothing you can do about it - get up in the morning and call them and order another card".

I just saw that "Road Trip" has been released, so I'd better go and get it posted around social media land.

XOXO

AK_Tracy

Hello all,

Thought I'd pop in and say hi. :wavinghello:

It's going on six o'clock and I've got NOTHING accomplished today. So can I join the club? I've been looking for a lost insurance card - it was here a few days ago - and now it's gone. I hate when that happens. I've been stressing all day and I thought "What would Chuck Say?" WWCS? He would say "Hon, it's Sunday and there's nothing you can do about it - get up in the morning and call them and order another card".

I just saw that "Road Trip" has been released, so I'd better go and get it posted around social media land.

XOXO
Yep, relax, listen to WWCS and call tomorrow. :heartpumppink:

Saw Road Trip and ya know it sucked me down the must have it trail and yep now I own it!! LOL Darn those designers and their amazing products. :giggle4: So thankful for them but I need a better paying job to afford my habit.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Yep, relax, listen to WWCS and call tomorrow. :heartpumppink:

Saw Road Trip and ya know it sucked me down the must have it trail and yep now I own it!! LOL Darn those designers and their amazing prohducts. :giggle4: So thankful for them but I need a better paying job to afford my habit.
Yes, they suck us in, don't they????? I loved this collection and will use it more often. I documented one of the pictures I took as we were driving west - I still need to document the pictures of us driving through Hurricane Lara - it blew in a day early and we got caught right in the worst of it in Mississippi. It was very frightening!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Tracy @AK_Tracy Chuck was THE most laid-back man ever. He really balanced me out because I'm anything but laid back. After so many years together, I guess he rubbed off on me a lot. Now that he's gone, it's a family thing "WWCD or WWCS"? It keeps me grounded when I get distraught over things I can't do anything about.

AK_Tracy

Ive gone Cheryl quote crazy!!!! Look out!!! :floorlaugh:

I still need to document the pictures of us driving through Hurricane Lara - it blew in a day early and we got caught right in the worst of it in Mississippi. It was very frightening!
This sounds crazy scary!!!!! Glad you guys were okay and that would make an interesting layout.
:lol23: :lol23: :lol23: or maybe.......................Hannibal Lector??? "Bite an ear"?????? :lol23::lol23:
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
Aren't you guys glad I'm back?????:spinningchair::spinningchair::spinningchair:
YES:yesss::yesmaster::yesss::yesmaster::yesss: YES!
I missed you! :heartpumppink:
I guess he rubbed off on me a lot.
This is the nicest compliment to Chuck. Its funny how family sayings come about but they always make you smile. For me its the "back pat" when hugging. My FIL was a 2 second hug wrap arms around you, pat back fast three times and pull away. I always held him a little longer and he would say that's good now. I miss his fast pat hugs. And oh he would get on me for taking so many photos."That's plenty" When I hit about the 20th photo of the day I think of him.

AK_Tracy

Ahhhhhhhh do you hear that???? Its the sound of silence! The boys (hubs and kids) all went to the movies. I have two and half more hours of total silence. Well, until the dogs start barking at shadows. Its so funny when I leave the dogs pace the house and drive everyone nuts. I am the only one home and they're all sleeping. My house is quiet. I can hear the fridge running. The suns out. Windy so I'm inside but its bliss. I haven't had the house to myself in over a year.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Ive gone Cheryl quote crazy!!!! Look out!!! :floorlaugh:

This sounds crazy scary!!!!! Glad you guys were okay and that would make an interesting layout.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

YES:yesss::yesmaster::yesss::yesmaster::yesss: YES!
I missed you! :heartpumppink:

This is the nicest compliment to Chuck. Its funny how family sayings come about but they always make you smile. For me its the "back pat" when hugging. My FIL was a 2 second hug wrap arms around you, pat back fast three times and pull away. I always held him a little longer and he would say that's good now. I miss his fast pat hugs. And oh he would get on me for taking so many photos."That's plenty" When I hit about the 20th photo of the day I think of him.
The 2 second Back Pat - that's a good one. I know you miss him as much as we miss Chuck. They were two characters, I can tell. Chuck never got upset - and it honestly annoyed me sometimes. He always reminded me that getting angry was bad for my blood pressure. :lol23: :lol23:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
The 2 second Back Pat - that's a good one. I know you miss him as much as we miss Chuck. They were two characters, I can tell. Chuck never got upset - and it honestly annoyed me sometimes. He always reminded me that getting angry was bad for my blood pressure. :lol23: :lol23:
It aggravated me when my first husband Tim would not argue with me but turn around and leave me standing! Mark, OTOH will argue til the cows come home, especially if he knows he's right!:floorlaugh::furious::shakingsense:
I be like :hiding2: