Oscraps

Daily Oooo's Weekend Edition Jan 9-10

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Morning my lOvlies!!!
I got to sleep til 9 am! Yes!!!
I have declared today a day for me. My one-day "Stay-cation" LOL Gary is in charge of the kids, and I am allowed to lock myself in my room all day!
I haven't had a day like that.........ummmm...........not counting medically necessary days off..............since........hmmm....... before I had kids I think!

My plans are to catch up on scrapping and working on the Fulfilled Soul. Things just for me!
I really need to clean out the fridge, so I might have to take a break and do that... bu that is just maybe. I think I am going to make myself put everything off til tomorrow. It can wait, right?

Laurie- wow- that LO was incredible.

Kat- hugs and feel better.

Clara- how is Ethan today? Poor Addie/Ethan/You, not a good way to start the day. Hope you are getting time in to rest yourself- Wish I lived closer- I would take your kids for the day (not today- tomorrow, tho LOL) soo you could relax a bit. Or at least make you some yummy soup. I am a big believer in the healing powers of soup!

Hope eveyone is having a fab day!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I love Criminal Minds too and I watched all the episodes, but I was thinking to stop as sometimes what you see it's so awful, so painful and cruel that it really affects me...but I couldn't stop yet of watching it....:confused:
I am a huge CM fan too. I think it is the Psychology of it all (I have a degree in psych). We are also CSI/Bones/NCIS fans. My kids watch all of them with us, except for Criminal Minds. Its too "real" too intense.....don't know if that makes sense or not. But IKWYM.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Chris - Wow they denied the tutoring?? Are they kidding me? What could be more important than a child's education? I think they would be happy you are requesting more time and taking an active interest in your child's schooling. I am glad Scott is getting ready to go back - I am sure he misses his friends. Fingers crossed his virus stays under controll! Glad you are having a good day!! (((hug)))

I now! Isn't that crazy???
The other day, Scott wanted to keep going, he said to the tutor as she was packing up, can I keep working on the math? And she couldn't :(

I know that you have been thought some of this with Nick, but the schools don't seem to try to make it any easier for the kids, don't they? I got a call the day before Christmas break from his guidance counselor saying how far behind he was, yet they won't approve the extra hours. Makes NO sense!
Sadly, some of his teachers have it stuck in their minds that he is a "behavior issue" not a medical issue and no matter how much I try to explain the cognitive aspects of Lyme, they don't get it. :(

LindaPete

Not much planned for today. Football games to watch and laundry. I baked bread yesterday so we're stocked up for the week:) Mr. Wonderful is out plowing the driveway - again. Hopefully it's the last time he has to do that for a while. It is supposed to warm up this week and hopefully no more snow for a while!

Yam

Morning my lOvlies!!!
I got to sleep til 9 am! Yes!!!
I have declared today a day for me. My one-day "Stay-cation" LOL Gary is in charge of the kids, and I am allowed to lock myself in my room all day!
I haven't had a day like that.........ummmm...........not counting medically necessary days off..............since........hmmm....... before I had kids I think!

My plans are to catch up on scrapping and working on the Fulfilled Soul. Things just for me!
I really need to clean out the fridge, so I might have to take a break and do that... bu that is just maybe. I think I am going to make myself put everything off til tomorrow. It can wait, right?"

That is AWESOME! I am also dedicating the day to the Fulfilled Soul! Everything else can wait until tomorrow!

Laurie- Love the LO!!!

Kat- I hope that with a good rest you will feel a little better at least!

Clara- what a morning! Hope it will get better!

And everyone- ENJOY YOUR SUNDAY!

LaughingSun

TKD soon, can't wait!

this morning went for brunch with Doug & the kids, that was great. Took my rings to get them looked at. lost a 2nd diamond... I'm pretty upset about that. I mean my Mom has had her rings for 40 years now and has NEVER taken them to be cleaned or lost a diamond. This place, I'm supposed to take them in every 6 months to get cleaned & checked out or the warranty is void. Well when I got pregnant with my 1st I couldn't wear them anymore so I took them to get cleaned then I asked if I had to keep coming because it would be a while before I would wear them again. She said no don't bother. Well then when I could finally wear them again after my 1st (I gained a lot lol) then I got pregnant with my 2nd so I had to take them off again. Basically didn't wear them for like 3 years. Then last year I lost a diamond. Was pretty upset about that... took it in & they fixed it but I had to pay like $100 or something like that. Then, just before Christmas, I lost another diamond. WTF?!!!

Anyway, I was pretty pissed but the manager isn't in til Wednesday so he's going to call me then. Likely I will have to pay for this repair too. I'm going to do my best to get the warranty reinstated tho because this is RIDICULOUS. grrrrr. in the meantime I have no rings... I feel naked!

mrsaboyer

Hi ladies!! Next week is finals week, and that means a paper about significant events of every decade since the 50's, and a major exam in Algebra.
AAAAAAAGGGHHHH!
So I've been totally stressing out, trying to keep on track with my journaling and my "fulfilled soul," but instead I've just been... like playing a million games of Peggle, and making chocolate chip pumpkin muffins, etc. Also, yesterday I decided I needed to scrap, and do some Art Journaling, but instead I spent the entire day DESIGNING a mini kit. Insanity. And then I didn't have a blog to post it on.. I have a blog, but it's my totally abandoned family blog. SO I had to make an art blog to post it on.s
Soooo if you want to, you can go by my new blog and see my new freebie. I posted in the freebies area of this forum.
I don't even remember if I posted since Gen's MRI. Well, she did fine but she was a mess afterward. Poor thing.
Gah, I don't even know what's up with anybody anymore! I need to read everybody's posts! But anyway, here's some chocolate pumpkin muffins. They are healthy and yummy!!

LaurieW

lOve the O!
Oh andrea- good luck with that paper- maybe you need to set a timer and just do 15 min, then 15 min of fun- thanks for the muffin- it was yummy

andrea Nyx- so sad about your ring

LaughingSun

thanks Laurie. I'm really sad & frustrated :(

so, wish me luck ladies... goin for my GI xray scan thing tomorrow morning early. fasting after midnight. not so bad since that's when I goto bed lol... however breakfast is another story. oh well. think I'll have a protein shake before bed so I at least have something lol.

katg1006

Ugh - Still feeling yicky!!! This thing is definitely in control and kicking my tush. Off to bed in a few - just wanted to come say hi and see how your days were :)

Chris
the schools don't seem to try to make it any easier for the kids, don't they?
No they don't :( That to me is insane....if he's behind and yet willing to do the work to put in the extra time....what is wrong with them??? No child left behind huh?? *ha*

AndreaB what is Peggle? I am afraid to ask in case I get addicted **

Andrea Good luck with your test!

katg1006

AndreaB - sorry to hear Gen was so stressed after her test....poor pumpkin! When will you find out the results?

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
omgosh!! what a busy weekend for me!! I didn't even realize how busy it was gonna be. One of my dear friends' adopted daughter got married today. Mr Gorgeous and I did the music (cello and piano...it was awesome!!)

Amidst all of the cleaning (putting Christmas away, scrubbing the entire kitchen *whew*, etc...), my laptop decided that it was going to be DIFFICULT and start the mess about the power plug - where the plug goes in, the computer is starting to not make the connection - again. OMGosh, this laptop has been back to headquarters three times!! and the two laptops I had before this one died from the same problem...bad power source connection!! This puter also won't close because there is something wrong with the screen closer thingy...ugh...

So Mr Gorgeous took me to best buy today and BOUGHT ME A NEW LAPTOP!!! OMGOSH!!! I'm on it right now!! totally excited!!! it's a TOshiba Satellite with a major cool freaking HUGE screen - 18.4 inches wide!!! perfect for scrapping!!!

So the next few hours are dedicated to installing my software! Did I mention that I LOVE mr gorgeous?????

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
ohhh and i forgot to say that Andrea, I have an appt with my GP, too tomorrow! just a regular annual physical. So I'm thinking of you fasting tonight, too!

and my baby(7yo) has been through an upper GI..it's facinating!! (sorry about the taste!!)

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
Kat, it's sooo time for you to feel better. It'll come!! I can't tell you how great it was to feel better on Wednesday...I was sooo miserable on monday, but kept getting better!! ohhhh keep breathing, hun!! love you!!

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
Laurie, jealous here of your ballroom!!!! can't wait for mr gorgeous and me to learn ballroom. how fun is that???

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
AndreaB, you're gonna do sooooo well on your finals! I'm ever inspired by you and your mom-ness and your schooling and ohhhhh, all you do with your mr gorgeous over in Iraq fighting for our freedom!!! hugs to you, babe!!!

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
Yam, hope your day was also soooo wonderful!!!! :)

LindaP, i must have told a million people about your hubby plowing for 12 hours!! we are appreciating our 35 degree weather as opposed to your -50!!! crazy crazy!! keep up the great 365!!!! :)

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
ohhh i'm sure i missed someone here, but i LOVE YOU ALL!!!

hope your weekend was phenominal~~~