Oscraps

Color t changes to B/W?

digiscrapper

Pictures, please
Sometimes I want to use screen shots in my family history text pages. The photos are full color in the screen shot, and in the photo bin, but when I drag them onto my page, they change to black and white. Why does this happen and how can I prevent it? I really need color on these. text pages.

Last edited:

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
That's really strange. Does this happen all the time? Is everything else on the page black and white too, such as flowers, etc.? One possible solution is to make sure your page is in RGB mode not Grayscale. In PSE, on the top menu bar: Image>Mode>RGB.

digiscrapper

Pictures, please
I am in RGB Mode. If I drag the photo into PSE it comes into the photo bin in color, but when I drag it onto the document, it comes in black and white. However, if I drag the photo directly from my desktop to the page, it comes in as color. I will just have to remember to drag it from my desktop directly to my page. Weird.

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
Something is telling PSE that the document you want to add the screenshot TO is grayscale. You said you are working in a history text page —could you take a screenshot of PSE for us with that text file in it - being sure to include the layers panel in the screenshot. Also, while you’re in that text page in PSE, take a screenshot of the Image Mode menu showing that the mode is RGB. Then drag the screenshot into that open doc and check the Image Mode again. If it has changed to it Grayscale or BMP, change it back to RGB.

From the research I have done, this does happen occasionally. It seems that if you have copied the text that’s in that page from something else and then pasted it into PSE, sometimes something about that gets stuck in the computer’s clipboard, sending false info to PSE.

Heres the article I found — it applies to both the full version of Photoshop and PSE.

Reactions: AZK