Oscraps

*closed* NBK Design's Picture in Text Challenge 12/18 - 12/24 2017

TrishD

TrishD
Hi, everyone! Welcome to the “Picture in Text” Challenge. December is a month that excites with me all the sparkle and lights of the Festive Season. Weather you celebrate Christmas or not I’m sure you would like to try this challenge using at least some of NBK Design’s elements.

For this challenge I would like you to create a “holiday-inspired” design or a design of “your choice”. Whatever you choose, all that is needed for this challenge is an image clipped to some rasterized text. I will explain the steps in a Layers Panel image.

Start with a background then add a TEXT layer. The “Fatter” the text the better. You can use ARIEL BLACK, BRITANNIC BOLD, BROADWAY, or COPPER BLACK if you have them in your font list.

It is very important that you “Rasterize” the text before you can clip it to an image. Rasterizing changes the text layer into an ordinary layer that can be used as a mask. When you clip your image (Landscape Format) to the mask you will be able to see the image inside the text. Of course you can type whatever word you would like but keep it short so that you can make it large. You can also add a drop shadow and stroke to make the text stand out.

Here is one I have created for this challenge using NBK Design’s New Collection White Christmas. The script and splatter layers are optional as I have added them for inspiration.

PvUx1li.jpg
lCMPaa3.jpg

Here is a UTUBE you can watch. (Has a bit of an accent)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P62XWCpAZDA
And a link to some great splatter brushes
https://sonic-gal007.deviantart.com/art/Splatter-and-Strokes-Brush-Set-131650164

some examples

by AnikA

Prize: You can win a 4 $ coupon to the NBK Design store

Rules:
• Layouts need to feature a Picture in Text effect
• Layouts need to contain some NBK Design products.
• Layouts need to be uploaded to NBK GALLERY by December 24th, 2017
• Layouts need to be linked back to this thread by December 24th, 2017
• Feel free to add to the the ArtOlogy facebook page. If you aren't a member, ask to join and we will add you!
• Have fun!

Winner will be announced and contacted on 27th December

Last edited by a moderator:

Mimidesaujon

Thank you Trish for the challenge

Challenge NBK Picture in text
nbk Artherapy 4 drippin - alessio ABR

TrishD

TrishD
Beautiful scene Mimi and love the use of the drippy paint brush and Magic Lights. Thanks for entering the challenge

TrishD

TrishD
WOW Sharon those vibrant colors in the text with the dark background really are beautiful. Thanks for entering the challange

TrishD

TrishD
Hi Ladies, I know that you are all very busy this time of year so I will announce the winner of this Challenge on Boxing Day 26th Dec. Have a wonderful holiday season and thank you for entering all your beautiful pages in this challenge

NAdams

aA Creative Team Member
NBK Text Challenge Winter's Chill

NBK-Text-Challenge-Winter_s-Chill.jpg

Thank you for the challenge! I have enjoyed experimenting with artistic titles!

TrishD

TrishD
A big thank you to all who entered this challenge, I loved your pages. The winner this time is Malou29. I will be sending you the Coupon code by the forum's Private Message. I hope you all had a wonderful year submitting beautiful Digi Art in these challenges. Hope to see more next year

Malou29

A big thank you to all who entered this challenge, I loved your pages. The winner this time is Malou29. I will be sending you the Coupon code by the forum's Private Message. I hope you all had a wonderful year submitting beautiful Digi Art in these challenges. Hope to see more next year

Thank you Trist D, I'am very happy :lalala: