Oscraps

Capturing still images from video.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
My sister sent me some video clips from her phone that I'm hoping to capture an image or two from to use on a layout. I have never ever tried anything like this before. I don't even know if I have the right software. Before I go wandering through Google land trying to figure it out, does anyone have any tips? Thanks in advance!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I haven't figured it out Angie - "they" say it can be done, but I've never had any luck. Let me ask my granddaughter if there's a trick, she'll know it. I just texted her.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Angie, I just talked to Ava. She said to pause each frame (or the ones you like) and screenshot them. Then, you'll have to edit them a little. She does it all the time.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
Angie, I just talked to Ava. She said to pause each frame (or the ones you like) and screenshot them. Then, you'll have to edit them a little. She does it all the time.
That makes sense, and I probably would have resorted to that eventually. Thanks, Cheryl!

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
On a Mac in the Photos app you can pause the video and then right click to save the frame as a photo. Other than that, I’ve done what @Cherylndesigns described.

scrap-genie

In Windows Photos program (at least with Windows 10 Pro) you can capture stills from video. I have done it but don't remember the details of how.

Last edited:
Reactions: AZK

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
That makes sense, and I probably would have resorted to that eventually. Thanks, Cheryl!
Ava says she does it all the time. I don't have a Mac, so I'd have to go with the screenshots, too. Now I know how she does it.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
In Windows Photos program (at least with Windows 10 Pro) you can capture stills from video. I have done it but don't remember the details of how.
I was hoping the native Microsoft programs would have that capability; I'll check it out!

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
Thanks, Stacey! I didn't have the opportunity to try it out, though. The video my sister sent me was badly pixelated and of a very low resolution so she ended up taking the screen shots herself and sending me the still images.

DesignsByCRK

I used to have an app on my iphone for capturing stills from videos, but when i upgraded my iphone the app didn't transfer over for some reason - and now I can't remember what its called :rolleyes:

zanthia

CHEERY O
Thanks, Stacey! I didn't have the opportunity to try it out, though. The video my sister sent me was badly pixelated and of a very low resolution so she ended up taking the screen shots herself and sending me the still images.

it has been quite a whie since i used it but if i recall correctly the result in pse was low res but it was easy to use .