Oscraps

Can't resize 10 year old .jpgs

digiscrapper

Pictures, please
I dug up some old .jpgs from 10 to 15 years ago, processed with very early editions of PhotoShop Elements, and I am unable to resize them now. Anyone else ever have this problem? I have no idea what causes this, nor how to fix it. I now use PSE13. Any suggestions?

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
Hmmmmm ... that's very strange. Can you tell exactly how you are trying to do that? In other words, what steps are you taking? And what exactly is happening?

digiscrapper

Pictures, please
can't resize old jpgs

I use the move tool, hold down the option key and drag the corners to make smaller or larger. The bounding box follows my cursor, but the actual .jpg does not change. It's like it is "frozen"

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
It sounds like the layer is a background layer and therefore locked. In the Layer's panel, look for a little padlock next to the thumbnail of the layer - you should be able to double click it to unlock it.

Let us know if that works.

I use the move tool, hold down the option key and drag the corners to make smaller or larger. The bounding box follows my cursor, but the actual .jpg does not change. It's like it is "frozen"

digiscrapper

Pictures, please
Thanks for those suggestions. I will try both of those techniques. Such simple solutions to a problem faced when I should have been sleeping. =)

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
Thanks for those suggestions. I will try both of those techniques. Such simple solutions to a problem faced when I should have been sleeping. =)

Things are always harder when we're doing it when we should be sleeping huh! :)

Good luck and let us know if you get it worked out!