Oscraps

Cancelled Series

Caro

CHEERY O
My husband likes to start different series on Prime etc and I usually listen in while I scrap and I end up liking the shows or get caught up in the story but he never checks if it was cancelled before starting them :( He's been watching Hand Of God starring Ron Perlman and Dana Delany and I really got into the plot but it only was 2 seasons long and it left off in a cliffhanger :mad:

Sejz0am.gif

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I hate that feeling-- like what?? That's it??

We had a similar one recently. We finished Good Girls and while it was in no way a cliffhanger (how much more could they deal with?) it left us just kind of shrugging. Better than wishing you had one more season to figure it out!

LSlycord

I love Dana Delaney so I would try it...but I hate cliffhangers. So I am making a mental note to not get sucked into that series.

scrap-genie

I don't watch much like this but a number of years ago Fox had a series called Alcatraz that I got into. It was strange but had to have a destination somewhere down the line. But it was cancelled and I'll never know where it would have gone. :(

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
This has happened to me multiple times over the years. They did this with Alf. They did this with Dharma and Greg. Drives me absolutely bonkers.

This almost happened with Eureka. The episode that was supposed to be the final episode of season 5 had a cliffhanger. There was supposed to be one more very short season of the show. After season 5 had finished filming, they cancelled the show with that cliffhanger in the bag. After lobbying from the creator and cast for a movie or tv movie to wrap up the show, they were granted one final episode. They wrapped up the cliffhanger and created an episode that was completely for the fans. I've always been impressed with the wrap-up given the circumstances. (And highly recommend the show to anyone who likes science fiction.)

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I have to come back to this because there was a cancellation that I was/am/will always be salty over.
Santa Clarita Diet.

That was one of the funniest shows ever. So clever. So darn clever.
And canceled. :(

I saw one of those ads that look like a news article a week or so ago that it was renewed for season 4. Got my hopes up but never saw anything else since.

Still salty

RJMJ

This has happened to me so many times...Frankly it angers! me!...It just happened to me again!recently!...When will I learn...If you are into science fiction you probably know or at least heard of the sci-fi series Wynona Earp...Although I wasn't into it,my hubby Ray loved this series...[getting to the point...I promise...]...One of my most favorite Canadian actors of all-time starred in this series : IE Tim Rozon...He is simply spectacular!!!...I have been watching him for years way back to almost 15 years ago when he starred in his first TV series "Instant Star"...Also spectacular! TV & music soundtrack...[I still have all the music & listen still on the regular..]...But I Digress...I have been waiting for someone to wake up & give this amazing actor...finally!...his own show!!!...OMG!...They finally did!...It was called "Surreal Estates"...sci-fi of course...Brilliant! original sci-fi show!...cast,plots & story lines...I was hooked after the 1st episode!..Me & my hubby!...We were obsessed right away!...[Mind you he didn't really know who Tim Rozon Was...]...but still loved the show anyway!...It had a 10 episode run for season 1...[that's pretty standard here in Canada for anew show...]...The show just wrapped up it's season 1 about 3 months ago now...All the fans couldn't wait for season 2 to come out!...Typically,season 1 ended with a cliffhanger...We were waiting with baited breath...Finally the announcement came just a few weeks back...CANCELLED!!!!!!!!!!!!...We were so shocked!...I still can't believe it!...I'm still both sad & mad over this...I'm not getting over this anytime soon...The cool part was the show was filmed in NFLD Canada!...Both Ray & are from NFLD originally!...Some of the show was taped right in St.John's where I was born but most of it was filmed on the outskirts!...It just made the show so much closer to our hearts!...The locales were stunning!...The houses WOW!...The show was about Luke Roman who runs his own real estate agency where he specializes in selling haunted houses by helping the spirits move to the other side where they belong after helping them solve their unsolved wishes so their spirits can pass on...So Yes!...He has a special gift that allows him to see them,hear them & talk to them...After his Mom supposedly left them & disappeared...All of a sudden he started seeing spirits as a little kid...[can you imagine?...]...Needless to say he was a strange little kid & had a tough childhood...OMG!...I could go on!...But I better stop...I might just cry...the acting for the sweet stories was so moving!...& then the mean spirits too were a wild ride!...but Roman helped them all move on!...unless they were mean & destructive & hurt people then there were other means they used to get rid of them...They had gadgets to help get rid of the ghosts!...Man!...Can you tell...I want my show back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

How is it that the crap reality tv show garbage keep getting renewed & the amazing! ones keep getting cancelled!!!...OMG!!!...GRRR!!!...

Honestly...I'm really fine... :rolleyes: :cool:o_O:)...

Have A Great Day Everyone!...

Rhonda

zanthia

CHEERY O
I have to come back to this because there was a cancellation that I was/am/will always be salty over.
Santa Clarita Diet.

That was one of the funniest shows ever. So clever. So darn clever.
And canceled. :(

I saw one of those ads that look like a news article a week or so ago that it was renewed for season 4. Got my hopes up but never saw anything else since.

Still salty
that show was great and to end o n a clifhanger - boo hoo

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
A couple of series that we thought were cancelled/ended came back a few years later - that's always nice. Ozark was one of those - but by the time it started back up, we'd forgotten what had happened. We had to catch up again. We thought we'd watched the end AGAIN and the message came on, at the end, that "the end" wasn't over yet.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@RJMJ That show sounds neat!! And I hear you-- some of the shows that get renewed are so darn stupid!
I hope that someday we both are able to move past the heartbreak of cancelled shows LOL

zanthia

CHEERY O
If a show has been on say at least 3 seasons they should be allowed to have a real ending even if cancelled