Oscraps

Calling all vegetarian/vegan cooks, I need some help!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Please, I need advice!
I am hosting Thanksgiving and got the official, if still somewhat tentative, headcount. One guest is pregnant and due any day so I can't be upset at all with that :) However, I am getting my grocery order ready and realize that another guest is tree-nut-free. My go-to milk replacement for vegan mashed potatoes is unsweetened almond milk, but have also used coconut milk too. Since those are out, what is another good choice? Oat or soy? I am using Yukon Gold potatoes (if that makes any difference).
Mashed potatoes are one of the few things that my family is picky about on Thanksgiving so I don't want to mess them up.

Thank you!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Oat! Best milk there is. Including cow milk! I use a Swedish brand called Oatly which is The Best. Their oat cream is amazing. I know they export, but that might only be in EU? Anyway, oat milk is the best.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I have Silk brand oat milk in my shopping cart. I looked at Oatly but it doesn't say unsweetened or plain. I had been burned before buying almond milk and not getting unsweetened/plain. That would ruin potatoes. is this the right one?
1700568772469.jpeg

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Yes that's the one. Or the "cream" which is black. Not sweetened. No flavours. At least not here in Sweden. But what do I know? In America you would sweeten sugar. LOL