Oscraps

Bursitis in my hip

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Have any of you had bursitis in your hip? If so, how long did it take to get better? I finally went to an orthopedic clinic yesterday after many rough nights and lack of sleep due to the pain in my hip. I kept thinking it would go away as it was intermittent. I got a cortisone shot in my hip yesterday but was still hurting last night and didn't sleep well. Even sleeping on my other side or back caused my hip to hurt. Does anyone have any suggestions?

AK_Tracy

I have no idea. Need to google but for my hip joint pain, Tart Cherry Juice helps inflammation. And it helps me sleep as its a natural sleep aid. Must be Tart Cherry and must be 100% juice nothing added. I usually take two shots, 4 oz total. We use shot glasses for ease of measure :giggle4: It might not help since the shot didn't help. I pray you find some relief. Hip pain is the worst.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Try sleeping on your side (which you said you were) and put your leg on a pillow. I have to have my leg elevated a bit on a pillow. It takes the pressure off both hips.

JeanneMN

GrOwing Old is mandatOry grOwing up is OptiOnal
CHEERY O
Have any of you had bursitis in your hip? If so, how long did it take to get better? I finally went to an orthopedic clinic yesterday after many rough nights and lack of sleep due to the pain in my hip. I kept thinking it would go away as it was intermittent. I got a cortisone shot in my hip yesterday but was still hurting last night and didn't sleep well. Even sleeping on my other side or back caused my hip to hurt. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Dealing with constant pain is exhausting especially when it keeps you awake, and you are already exhausted. Cortisone shots don't always kick in right away, so I'm praying each day gets better for you. These ladies have great suggestions. I've also heard that tart cherry juice helps with inflammation, I used to get it at Trader Joes.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I have no idea. Need to google but for my hip joint pain, Tart Cherry Juice helps inflammation. And it helps me sleep as its a natural sleep aid. Must be Tart Cherry and must be 100% juice nothing added. I usually take two shots, 4 oz total. We use shot glasses for ease of measure :giggle4: It might not help since the shot didn't help. I pray you find some relief. Hip pain is the worst.
Thank you so much, Tracy! I will look into Tart Cherry Juice!

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Dealing with constant pain is exhausting especially when it keeps you awake, and you are already exhausted. Cortisone shots don't always kick in right away, so I'm praying each day gets better for you. These ladies have great suggestions. I've also heard that tart cherry juice helps with inflammation, I used to get it at Trader Joes.
Thank you, Jeanne! I will check at Trader Joe's! Also, good news, the shot seems to be helping. I slept a lot better last night!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
How are you feeling Evelyn? I have had bursitis in a bunch of joints before. I hope that the cortisone helps quickly if it hasn't already.
One of the things that always messes me up is when I have inflammation in my back/hips/leg joints is my posture when I walk. It throws everything else off. Once the inflammation pain improves, look up some PT exercises if the ortho doc didn't suggest any. The leg muscles and tendons and your gait are all connected so pain in one of those joints can put pressure on everything else down the line.
Feel better!

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
How are you feeling Evelyn? I have had bursitis in a bunch of joints before. I hope that the cortisone helps quickly if it hasn't already.
One of the things that always messes me up is when I have inflammation in my back/hips/leg joints is my posture when I walk. It throws everything else off. Once the inflammation pain improves, look up some PT exercises if the ortho doc didn't suggest any. The leg muscles and tendons and your gait are all connected so pain in one of those joints can put pressure on everything else down the line.
Feel better!
Thank you so much, Chris! I thank the Lord that the cortisone shot has kicked in! It was really wearing me down not to get sleep at night and then watch our two year old granddaughter during the day. I was pretty spent! Thankfully, I got good sleep the last few nights. I know exactly what you mean about posture and gait. I have worn shoes before that threw off my gait and that made my knees hurt. I will try to look up exercises for my hips. A friend at church gave me some exercises for my back. I appreciate you checking up on me!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
That's a great idea, Cheryl! I have even seen pillows made for that. I am going to check on Amazon!
Yes, they make pillows specifically for that now, Evelyn. I just use one of my bed pillows. I've been doing this for years. My GD, Ava, has a really long one that she loves.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Yes, they make pillows specifically for that now, Evelyn. I just use one of my bed pillows. I've been doing this for years. My GD, Ava, has a really long one that she loves.
I did have a body pillow as well but I flip so much when I sleep it was hard to keep up with it! I ended up giving it to our youngest daughter.

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
I'm glad the cortisone kicked in. It should reduce the inflammation enough for the fluid to drain out of the bursa. I have it in my hips all the time and it's awful. You might ask your doctor for some toradol. By mouth you can only take it for 5 days or you risk stomach pain, but it is amazing paired with the cortisone. It;s also available as an injection. IF you are feeling kinda blah or weird check your blood sugar. Cortisone raises it drastically and may need to be treated.