Oscraps

Breakfast cookies

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Well, depending on your definition of healthy this might not be healthy LOL
For me, who always had trouble eating in the morning, I think this will be a lifesaver. I can just pop one or two of those in the bag in the morning, and then eat them with my coffee when I get to work.

Made these today:

I can see myself doing these again and again - trying different variations.

I'm not vegan, I eat egg & dairy, so I switched out the flax egg for a normal egg. Maybe that's why I ended up having to add some flour at the end to get a drier dough. Used what I had at home, so I ended up using peanut butter instead of almond butter. For the mix-ins I used dried melon and cashew nuts - all in tiny pieces.

Will experiment with this recipe and try different ingredients. Like nut butter and maple syrup is really expensive here in Sweden, I will try other wet ingredients to see if I can come up with cheaper cookies.

Try this recipe, the cookies are great. Not too sweet, and lots of flavour.

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
Well, depending on your definition of healthy this might not be healthy LOL
For me, who always had trouble eating in the morning, I think this will be a lifesaver. I can just pop one or two of those in the bag in the morning, and then eat them with my coffee when I get to work.

Made these today:

I can see myself doing these again and again - trying different variations.

I'm not vegan, I eat egg & dairy, so I switched out the flax egg for a normal egg. Maybe that's why I ended up having to add some flour at the end to get a drier dough. Used what I had at home, so I ended up using peanut butter instead of almond butter. For the mix-ins I used dried melon and cashew nuts - all in tiny pieces.

Will experiment with this recipe and try different ingredients. Like nut butter and maple syrup is really expensive here in Sweden, I will try other wet ingredients to see if I can come up with cheaper cookies.

Try this recipe, the cookies are great. Not too sweet, and lots of flavour.
Eva, can you get maple extract or flavoring? That with corn syrup or even simple syrup or light treacle (or do you call it molasses like we do in the US? When I was stationed in England the shop keeper was horified when I asked for molasses for baking - he said that was for feeding livestock that I would need treacle for baking. Ah, kindred peoples divided by a common language!)

RJMJ

CHEERY O
I've eaten cookies for breakfast before [I mean not alone of course...]...healthy or not...I did it anyway!!!... ;)...

RJMJ

CHEERY O
I have to eat everything gluten-free & diary-free for health reasons...Not my choice...My body/system can't tolerate gluten or dairy...I do Love! cookies though!...The problem here for me being on a small limited budget...baking a dozen cookies would cost way too much to buy the ingredients...double or triple the regular price!...I do miss baking though...Sigh!...The cookies look good!...Enjoy!...Wish you could bake some for me...Rhonda...;)...

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
I am not really hungry in the morning but I need to have my coffee - I'm a 'no coffee-no morning' kind of girl... that said, however, two years ago we started having fruit with our morning coffee - melons, mangos, kiwis, pineapple - whatever's available at the moment and it's been good for us, upping our fruit and veg intake and making us feel like we are doing this whole healthy living thing... lol... There is also an occasional cookie or a muffin on weekends...

tanteva

Eva, can you get maple extract or flavoring? That with corn syrup or even simple syrup or light treacle (or do you call it molasses like we do in the US? When I was stationed in England the shop keeper was horified when I asked for molasses for baking - he said that was for feeding livestock that I would need treacle for baking. Ah, kindred peoples divided by a common language!)
I'm not sure what the syrup in Sweden is made from. I should know, but don't. I've never understood what molasses are.

tanteva

I am not really hungry in the morning but I need to have my coffee - I'm a 'no coffee-no morning' kind of girl... that said, however, two years ago we started having fruit with our morning coffee - melons, mangos, kiwis, pineapple - whatever's available at the moment and it's been good for us, upping our fruit and veg intake and making us feel like we are doing this whole healthy living thing... lol... There is also an occasional cookie or a muffin on weekends...

No coffee no morning. Never heard truer words!