Oscraps

Be Inspired December Challenge |By ValC. Designs (1st -31st dec.)

val

Hi everyone, :peep:

Pioufffff I dunno if you noticed that too, but I feel like we were October and *glitter fireworks, light blinking and fairies dust* hop hop hop we are in December.
November was gone as soon as it started... that is amazing ... or not LOL

Anyway I want to Thank my dear team, once more and officially, today.
They have been doing a wonderful job behind the scene.
Working as a team to come up with a challenge every month, they made the artistic magic on (almost :)) each and every Layout.
And most of all, I always found someone to help me out in a blink of the eyes.

Dropping a few emails, or a private message on FB, and I was ALWAYS able to get someone who could step in right away.

I am very thankful to have this team by my side.

Ladies (and Dids) THANK YOU

Now there is some (more) blah blah blah...you can read it, but you can scroll down to the challenge banner too ... I won't blame you
icon_smile.gif

So November went really fast, and maybe we should look back ( for a very short time) and try to see what we did this month.
For me, beside working and kids related stuff,
I basically took care of some major event/sale in the digiworld ... like iDSD, Black friday, December party and some designer stuff.

AND I made Christmas trees.

TREE.jpg

find the tutorial here

Yeah, with some Mums of my DD's classmate we came up with some ideas to gather everyone out of the school time, and one of them was "Piparkökudagur" ( something like ginger bread decoration day) and some Xmas decoration.

I suggested to have a Christmas tree to hang the decoration on .... and I ended up doing it
icon_cool.gif

and when my son saw it he wanted one too... so I did a very small one ( 30 cm) for him. (When we tried to bring the big one to school - which did not fit in the car, so I called a friend with a jeep to help me out - he wanted to bring a big one too, for his school...)

I managed to get him bringing the small one...
but the Art teacher asked me how to do it, so she could make a big one for the class etc etc

.... and guess what?

yes.... I ended up doing a second one.

( like I told a few friends, that is when I am thankful to have just 2 kids LOL)

Anyway ... I must have been contaminated by Xmas spirit early this year, because right after that I started designing a bunch of Xmas tree ... not really knowing where I was going
icon_santa.png

Until I figured out that it was a perfect challenge for this month!

(I know I am NOT really creative/original , there are a LOT of Christmas related Challenges going on .... I guess it is because it is christmas time LOL)

So moving on to the challenge now,

add_december2.jpg

I think I always had a special love for layout with blocks/tiles, I call it block-game ... I know it is a weird way to say it, but to me it really looks like a game, so I want to make you play with me.
And , I like to see Layouts featuring tree/trees!
It can be all kind of trees, but since we are in December ( and since i made a bunch of pine tree lately ..) we could also use Pine/christmas tree? can't we?

I am having a little gift for you to get you started.

you can grab me here ... BUT

noooo don't run to download it yet, keep reading a bit, ok?

When you will have the zip file unzipped
look inside and find the coupon (and there is also a .txt file and a short cut which go with it)

You will have a 2$ coupon in your hand to use in december on ARTBOOK - Oh my tree ... yes on the top of all the sale going on!!!

ValCdesigns_ArtBook_OMT600.jpg

Now go and grab your gift here use your coupon
icon_smile.gif

and come back to show us your LO

The Rules
- Please use 70% Val C Designs & 100% Oscraps
- Post your layout in the Val C. Designs gallery.
- Link your image to this thread (as a picture) so that we can leave some love for you in the Gallery!
tell us a bit about your LO
icon_smile.gif

for this month, it IS the christmas month a 10$ coupon is up for grab
(allow us a few days to get back to you in January :) )

I wish you a great December month,
I, soon, will be Off line as I am going to be in France for the Holidays, but my team will take over and I know I can safely rely on them
icon_biggrin.png

Oh, and a last little reminder...

I am a fan of trees, (yes although I did so many of them) and you can find some in my kits like below

ValCDesigns_ICOB2_pv250.jpg
ValCDesigns_Mammamia250.jpg

xctmp0l2p49.png
ValCDesigns_GrandPa_pv200.jpg
xctmpqBNZzm.png

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]ART Book - It's Cold Outside[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]- Mamma Mia - {The Kit} [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]- Grand Pa - [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]- Circle Of Life - [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]ValCDesigns and PinkReptile Designs- Cozy Christmas day - {Bundle} - [/FONT]

and to get you inspired, here are some Layout!

Last edited by a moderator:

val

here you are,

inspir-LO-only.jpg

I am so looking forward to seeing your ART, please join me, and HAVE FUN!!!!​

nessita

Thank you so much for your words, Val!!! I'm really happy to be in your team.

here is my LO:

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
Oh Val you are so kind !!!!!! Working for you is just a pleasure !!!!
ValC-Designs_Artbook-oh-my-tree-copy.jpg

lynnpremo

Best-Christmas-Trees.gif

Christmas Trees make me happy, so cheerful and bright, you can never have too many. Right now there are 4 in up in the house.

val

wow that is a wonderful layout!
LOVE the blocking with frame/slide and all those trees!!

I guess my kids would LOVE to make 2 or 3 more Xmas tree... I might do 1 more, if this week end weather is turning out to be crap... great idea!!!

thanks for playing along

v

Nickel

Feeling Owsome at the O!
CHEERY O
I love this challenge. I love being on your team too, Val!
here is my version