Oscraps

Are you a template fan?

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
A long time ago, I didn't like templates at all. I felt like they hampered my creativity. I think the reason was that I was a paper scrapper for so many years before I went digital. Templates were called "sketches" in paper scrapping and they were just starting to get really popular near the end of my paper scrapping. I used them some, but wasn't a huge fan.

That being said, I really do like templates now - sometimes, when my mojo isn't running, they help me jump-start it. How about you?

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I rarely use templates, but I sometimes do use their arrangements for inspiration for creating a layout from scratch.

Kythe

CHEERY O
No I rarely use them. I did however when I was just learning to digi-scrap. They helped with scale and making clusters.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I rarely use templates, but I sometimes do use their arrangements for inspiration for creating a layout from scratch.
Sometimes, templates just give me ideas and I don't use very much of them. Sometimes they're just a start for me.

Reactions: AZK

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
I love templates but seldom use them as is. Mostly, I love the inspiration they give me. Since I still work full time - until 26 May, Hooray! - they save me time and sometimes include paint elements and masks that I find really useful.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I love templates but seldom use them as is. Mostly, I love the inspiration they give me. Since I still work full time - until 26 May, Hooray! - they save me time and sometimes include paint elements and masks that I find really useful.
They are great for inspiration!

zanthia

CHEERY O
I like using templates but often will change it up a bit but not so much that they are not recognizable

one designer i ct for ( makes kits and templates) actually likes it if we change it up slightly just to show versatility.

example - if template has 2-3 photospots next to each other , will make it one larger photo

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I like using templates but often will change it up a bit but not so much that they are not recognizable

one designer i ct for ( makes kits and templates) actually likes it if we change it up slightly just to show versatility.

example - if template has 2-3 photospots next to each other , will make it one larger photo
I do the same thing! They don't even look the same sometimes. Somebody (wise) told me that templates are like "markers" and you can use them the way they are or not. That helped my overall outlook on using them when I first started.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I use templates most of the time, especially since most of my scrapping has been photobook projects. If I'm doing multi-photo, then I'm probably using a template.
Templates are wonderful for photobook projects and multi photos! I have a problem using multi photos without a template.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
I never used to use templates but grew to love them. I like artsy templates, utilizing paper placement and masks/stamps from the template and then customizing to my liking. The template is the starting point.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I never used to use templates but grew to love them. I like artsy templates, utilizing paper placement and masks/stamps from the template and then customizing to my liking. The template is the starting point.
I did the same thing, Rae. At first, I felt like they hampered me, but also grew to love them.