Oscraps

Are you a left-over lover?

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I didn't used to be until I was just fixing a meal for myself. Now, I love them. What made me post this was the fact that I'm eating a left over half a sandwich from today's lunch. It's really good and was fresh when we had it - a chicken salad sandwich with avocadoes and a side of potato salad. What say you? I never thought much about it until I was "cooking for one".

DesignsByCRK

Designer
I love most kinds of leftovers - but I rarely heat them up - about the only thing I heat up is a soup or a stew - everything else I eat cold. I love that the flavours are better the next day, but hate how re-heating food changes the texture of it. So I eat it cold :)

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I love most kinds of leftovers - but I rarely heat them up - about the only thing I heat up is a soup or a stew - everything else I eat cold. I love that the flavours are better the next day, but hate how re-heating food changes the texture of it. So I eat it cold :)
:yesss: I love that flavours are better the next day, especially with stews! Guess what we are having tonight! lol! and I do heat up my stew too, so I can have it on toast, with lots of butter! :greengrin:

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
I love leftovers, and I think we are fairly good at eating our leftovers. Urban always bring leftovers to work for lunch. I usually fry something up for myself, like making a quick omelette or something for lunch. Also, I like mixing stuff up to soup. I find it way easier to use up our leftovers since we became vegetarians.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
I'm a lazy cook these days so yes, I love to have leftovers and although hubs doesn't really like it, he has to too or else do his own cooking :)

I like to bake a big pan of veggies and potatoes and stick them in the fridge for 2-3 days, to heat up at dinnertime.

If I make a casserole, stew, soup, etc, I make extra and keep one more meal in the fridge and then freeze the rest.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
I didn't used to be until I was just fixing a meal for myself. Now, I love them. What made me post this was the fact that I'm eating a left over half a sandwich from today's lunch. It's really good and was fresh when we had it - a chicken salad sandwich with avocadoes and a side of potato salad. What say you? I never thought much about it until I was "cooking for one".
I can eat leftovers...used to love them. Generally Mark eats the leftovers now.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I don't always reheat either, Carolyn. I kind of like cold food, though.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
I eat left-overs, too. After hubby died, I had a hard time learning to cook for one so always had left-overs. Now I will cook big pots of favorites, divide them into double portions in containers and freeze them. When I pull them out I have a portion one day and really enjoy the 2nd day's leftovers.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I love leftovers, and I think we are fairly good at eating our leftovers. Urban always bring leftovers to work for lunch. I usually fry something up for myself, like making a quick omelette or something for lunch. Also, I like mixing stuff up to soup. I find it way easier to use up our leftovers since we became vegetarians.
I'm really good about eating left overs too. Since it's just me now, I love to bring something home for another meal. Omelets are one of my favorites, too.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Almost spit my coffee out all over my screen when I saw this post!!! :notinfrontofthekids:I thought you were talking about something other than food :giggle4:. Darn now I have that song ... (Part time Lover) stuck in my head LOL.
Well, if you go back and look at my subject, you could just get the wrong idea. :floorlaugh::lol23::rotfl:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I'm a lazy cook these days so yes, I love to have leftovers and although hubs doesn't really like it, he has to too or else do his own cooking :)

I like to bake a big pan of veggies and potatoes and stick them in the fridge for 2-3 days, to heat up at dinnertime.

If I make a casserole, stew, soup, etc, I make extra and keep one more meal in the fridge and then freeze the rest.
I'm right there with you, Rae. The easier the better.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I can eat leftovers...used to love them. Generally Mark eats the leftovers now.
I didn't used to be so good at it either, I'd bring food home and end up throwing it away. Leftover meat loaf is so good and we go to out little local restaurant on meatloaf day and always bring part of it home.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I eat left-overs, too. After hubby died, I had a hard time learning to cook for one so always had left-overs. Now I will cook big pots of favorites, divide them into double portions in containers and freeze them. When I pull them out I have a portion one day and really enjoy the 2nd day's leftovers.
That's the same with me, Kay. It was hard to go to cooking just myself. I always bring leftovers home and I always eat them now. I know you're the queen of "cooking ahead" and freezing. I hope I get that organized.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
That's the same with me, Kay. It was hard to go to cooking just myself. I always bring leftovers home and I always eat them now. I know you're the queen of "cooking ahead" and freezing. I hope I get that organized.
It took me about a year to get into that groove... so give yourself time to adjust. I find that is seems harder to cook a lot during the summer - so I try to fix desserts on the 'not so hot days'.

AK_Tracy

Well, I have teenagers so leftovers isn't a thing we have much of now. But I love leftovers ONCE then it needs to go away unless its tacos.I can eat tacos for days!!! Leftovers are the next days lunch so I do try to make enough that my oldest son can take lunch to work and I can have lunch too. But sadly the hollow leg teen is eating about six times a day so he eats dinner twice and we might not have any leftovers.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Well, I have teenagers so leftovers isn't a thing we have much of now. But I love leftovers ONCE then it needs to go away unless its tacos.I can eat tacos for days!!! Leftovers are the next days lunch so I do try to make enough that my oldest son can take lunch to work and I can have lunch too. But sadly the hollow leg teen is eating about six times a day so he eats dinner twice and we might not have any leftovers.
OMGosh - my son would eat ANYTHING we brought home from the restaurant - he didn't care who's it was. They're "eating machines". :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Mine know, if its moms leftovers dont touch you might not survive! :floorlaugh: Eating my leftovers is worse then talking to me before coffee :giggle4:
My son usually knew where we were going and we always went to nice restaurants. The ones that wrapped your leftovers in aluminum foil and shaped them like animals. He'd show up and say "are you going to eat this" or "are you going to eat that"? He cleaned up - carried all of those "animals" out and scarfed them down the minute he got home. :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Amandajk

For the most part I am. But I tend to make way too much chili, and too much lasagna and the end of those get pitched. I grew up differently than most, because of Mom & Dad's calling to the Chirldren's Home, where at times the family numbered 14! We didn't have leftovers. Then as "empty nesters" it took me awhile - like 3 years to figure out cooking for just two, lol

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
For the most part I am. But I tend to make way too much chili, and too much lasagna and the end of those get pitched. I grew up differently than most, because of Mom & Dad's calling to the Chirldren's Home, where at times the family numbered 14! We didn't have leftovers. Then as "empty nesters" it took me awhile - like 3 years to figure out cooking for just two, lol
That's quite a difference, Amanda. Cooking for 14???