Oscraps

APRIL 2023 | Mixed Media Projects - Come and share!!

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Hi everyone, what have you all been doing in the mixed media area?? or even sewing projects, art journaling pages, canvases, cards, whatever you have been working with, please come and share with us! :)

I wanted to share a funny one with you that I did last year..........................

It all started with Hilda!! :giggle4:

DSCN0237-Hilda-700.jpg

I spotted this napkin at Etsy and straight away I thought, Hilda and her Dancing Queens! :floorlaugh: and THEN I got that Abba song in my head Dancing Queen!!!! :lol23:I swear that song stayed in my head until I completed this two page project in my art journal!!! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: and this how Friday Night - Dancing Queens came into being!!!

dancing-queens-800.jpg

I tore out the indivdual dancing queens and stuck them down with Gel Medium, then I drew in the background buildings using a Stabilo pencil which I smudged using some more gel medium. I then added a light wash of grey acrylic paint over the buildings and again covered it with some gel medium and smeared into some gesso as well. Then I used a white pen to write that song out quite a few times!!! :giggle4: I was soooooooooooo glad to finish that project and get that song out of my head! :lol23::lol23:I also added some golden threads to the queens to give them a bit of bling! lol! :)

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Ona, that's so cute - I love "Hilda". It's so interesting where our inspiration comes from sometimes.

scrap-genie

Ona @wombat146 I LOVE it! I'm afraid I don't know the song, but these outrageous dancing queens are perfection, especially in those colors against the night buildings.

I haven't finished my latest projects, but this one really made me happy looking at it on a day I needed that so I think I'm afraid to do more to it.

IMG_4584_sm.jpg

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Ona @wombat146 I LOVE it! I'm afraid I don't know the song, but these outrageous dancing queens are perfection, especially in those colors against the night buildings.

I haven't finished my latest projects, but this one really made me happy looking at it on a day I needed that so I think I'm afraid to do more to it.

View attachment 393837

Jean, I just LOVE your art!This really is very calming to look at, and to my mind, none of my projects EVER look finsihed to me, I look at my older pages and think, 'oh maybe I should add this, or that' so I quickly close the journal and look at something else!!! hahaaa!!! But I love the different shades of green and blue and soft creams and the soft flowing shapes all add to the feeling of serenity I feel when I look at it! :lovey3:

Thanks for your comments about Hilda xx if you are interested, this is a link to youtube with the song
I am pretty sure you will recognise it from the 80's, it was played everywhere! lol! :)

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I have finished a lot this past month. I think It's probably easier to link to my IG page - it's public.

My InstaGram Profile

This is my favorite tho:

Collage underneath, then modge podge, drawing with Tombow pens and shading with gelato crayons, then ink pens on top.

View attachment 393844
Oh WOW!! Susie, what a stunning collage and what a beautiful drawing!! wow!!! Awesome work with everything here!! You are such a talented artist!

Veronika

Hi everyone, what have you all been doing in the mixed media area?? or even sewing projects, art journaling pages, canvases, cards, whatever you have been working with, please come and share with us! :)

I wanted to share a funny one with you that I did last year..........................

It all started with Hilda!! :giggle4:

View attachment 393803

I spotted this napkin at Etsy and straight away I thought, Hilda and her Dancing Queens! :floorlaugh: and THEN I got that Abba song in my head Dancing Queen!!!! :lol23:I swear that song stayed in my head until I completed this two page project in my art journal!!! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: and this how Friday Night - Dancing Queens came into being!!!

View attachment 393804

I tore out the indivdual dancing queens and stuck them down with Gel Medium, then I drew in the background buildings using a Stabilo pencil which I smudged using some more gel medium. I then added a light wash of grey acrylic paint over the buildings and again covered it with some gel medium and smeared into some gesso as well. Then I used a white pen to write that song out quite a few times!!! :giggle4: I was soooooooooooo glad to finish that project and get that song out of my head! :lol23::lol23:I also added some golden threads to the queens to give them a bit of bling! lol! :)
gorgeous, LOVE Hilda♥ and so very creative......Of course I remember the wonderful song "dancing queen", ABBA - unforgettable, one of the absolutely best bands ever