Oscraps

Any hockey fans?

tjscraps

So I'm Canadian ...

And Albertan (though I don't always admit that, as Albertans can be crazy and I generally don't fit in with the very conservative views).

But right now - Edmonton Vs. Calgary in the second round of the playoffs ...

This is like the ultimate in sports watching. I don't even really like sports, but being Canadian I feel a connection to hockey - and both teams being from Alberta, and I live right in the middle of the 2 ... Ack!

Go Oilers! :)

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
The two Florida teams are still in the playoffs but I’m bummed that the Stars didn’t make it.

i love watching hockey in person but i don’t really enjoy it on tv.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
I used to watch hockey a lot. But Urban doesn't like sport at all, and watching alone isn't the same. Me and my sister used to "watch together" even though she lived hours away. We texted eachother all through the game, commenting the players & everything.

First time I was going to watch a game after my sister passed, I couldn't finish the game. I was just crying. So, I haven't watch much sport at all the last 9 years.

*sylvia*

♥→o←♥
CHEERY O
Years ago I lived near Ingolstadt and my husband's uncle was on the board and also the stadium announcer. So we often attended the ERC home games and it was great. Francois Bouchard, Doug Ast, Jimmy Waite, Andy McDonald, Ken Sutton... maybe the names will tell you something...
Watching sports on TV is not my thing. I miss the atmosphere ...

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
I‘ve been a huge hockey fan since the early ‘90’s. San Jose Sharks are my team and we were over the moon a few years ago when we made it to the finals and we actually went to a game! Honestly, there’s absolutely nothing like playoff hockey. We’ve been in a rebuilding state since then, but one of our long time great players, Joe Thornton, went to the Panthers so he might have a chance at the cup before he retires. So, I’m rooting for that — and cant wait for October when the new season starts.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Our family are all big Hockey fans!! But DH and I are Boston Bruin fans and sadly they are no longer in the playoffs. Our son is a Vancouver Canuck fan (not sure where we went wrong with him?). My brother and his son are big Edmonton Oilers fans. Our Son-in-Law is a huge Calgary Flames fan. Here is a calendar page I did for him a few years back.
May 2019.jpg

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Since we're talking teams. My team has always been Brynäs, since I was about 5 years old. They play in the highest league in Sweden, and it was my sister's favorite team. One of their players were Börje Salming, and he was my hero when I was a kid. Hence, my NHL team is Toronto Maple Leafs! Börje played for them in 1973-1989.

boerje-salming-7.jpg

ClaireG

CHEERY O
I am new to hockey. Went to my first game earlier this year and as I live in Tampa (sorry) I am cheering on the bolts. I LOVE sports so I am keen to add a new one to my list x

ClaireG

CHEERY O
I used to watch hockey a lot. But Urban doesn't like sport at all, and watching alone isn't the same. Me and my sister used to "watch together" even though she lived hours away. We texted eachother all through the game, commenting the players & everything.

First time I was going to watch a game after my sister passed, I couldn't finish the game. I was just crying. So, I haven't watch much sport at all the last 9 years.
I am sorry for your loss. My Dad lives in London and I live in Tampa in the US, and he made me this huge sports fan, we text all the way through golf, soccer, NFL, cricket, F1, tennis, baseball and we agreed to learn hockey together. So I can only imagine what it would feel like not to be able to do that. If you ever want to watch again and text someone I am 100% here for you x

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Not since we lived in the Detroit area. It's hard not to be a Detroit Red Wings fan when you live there. My hubby still is - he loves ALL of the Detroit teams. We got to go to see the Red Wings and it was super fun - I'd never been to a hocket game and it's SO exciting!