Oscraps

Any Canners/Dehydrators/Preservers?

LauraD

Scrapbooking reminds us that life is beautiful.
CHEERY O
I have been really into preserving and gardening. I have been learning a lot about making different things gluten free (I have a gluten intolerance). You will see a lot of my progress in this adventure posted in my layouts.
I make my husband fresh bread every week, make my doggie some dog treats, and for me- well, I enjoy dehydrated fruits. I even got into pressure canning last year. Game changer! My home made beef stew turned out great, perfect for a quick meal on a cold winter day.

Does anyone else enjoy this hobby?

janedee

We had a garden with nine fruit trees for ten years, so I used to make jam, can, freeze and dry all the fruit. Since we moved though (almost 20 years ago now), I have done very little apart from making jam each year.
I make bread once in a while these days. Its lovely to have fresh bread in the house and the smell is wonderful.

AK_Tracy

We've been pressure canning for years. Makes moose meat nice and soft and great for quick meals. I always season some for taco night, some plain and some chicken too. Love the ease of it. My son saw the date one time (two years old) and he said no way was he eating "apocalyptic food" :floorlaugh: had to tell him he had been eating it all his life

Jeannette

CHEERY O
I have a garden, I make jams, dry herbs and freeze vegetables. I also make ointments from marigolds

BoatLady

When kids were small I canned and froze all the food we grew in our large garden. Once they were older and we went to our boat at the marina every weekend I fazed out. With all the creatures that helped themselves to the fresh crops it wasnt worth the work. Our son grows a huge garden, freezes and cans everything, even built a custom processing kitchen in his basement. Added a greenhouse so he can grow all the starter plants. Fruit trees, blueberries and rhubarb so they make jellies, etc. So the apple did not fall far from the tree.
When we lived in Germany I made our bread so I always like to see what you are doing. You are making wonderful things.