Oscraps

Another PSCC-18 update bug

SharLamb

Sharron
Heads up!
It was bugging me that I could no longer scroll to change the size, leading, spacing of fonts/text and see the results on the fly. I scoured my settings to see if something was amiss, then finally figured out a way to phrase the problem to ask Google. Found out it is yet another bug. They are aware of it, and working to fix it. I hope that happens soon, as it is a feature I use ALL THE TIME!

Here's the dialog about it:

Text Size Scubby Slider and Up Down Arrow no longer gives live updates

Problem Updated 9 hours ago In Progress (Edited)

I updated to 19.0.1 this morning, and everything is lovely with the exception of the Character palette. I'm suddenly unable to see increases or decreases made to any inputs in the Character palette via the up- and down-arrow keys in real time (only when I tab out of a field or hit Enter to commit the change does the actual type onscreen update). I'm able to make updates with arrow keys in other palettes (e.g. Paragraph).

Posted 1 week ago

All 17 Replies
Official
Popular

6 days ago

David, Official Rep

Official Response

Yes, in order to get the fix out for leading with transformed type as soon as possible, we had to trade-off live updates to bumping (arrow keys) and scrubbing (mousing the control). We are working on fixes to return the earlier behavior and they should ship with the next release to go out. Our concern was including these fixes in a dot-release as they were untested and we wanted to get our customers the leading fix ASAP without breaking anything else.