Oscraps

AnnaLift Challenge

NAdams

aA Creative Team Member
Hello aArtists!

It’s time for another challenge from Anna Aspnes. The AnnaTeam selects a creative page or design concept from the Anna gallery as the ‘AnnaLift.’ Be inspired, create your own ‘AnnaLift,’ upload your page to the Anna gallery and include it here in this forum thread. Upload your page by Friday 12-17–21 by 8:00 pm EST with the title, ‘AnnaLift. ’ One lucky participant will be randomly selected to win a $5.00 GiftKard to Anna’s shop.

HOW IT WORKS: On Saturday the AnnaTeam posts a creative concept from the Anna gallery as the ‘AnnaLift.’ Check out the inspiration and decide what speaks to you. Is it the design, the color, the wordART, or maybe the photo? Then enjoy artfully playing—there is no right or wrong way to ArtPlay.

Choose ONE idea to lift or choose it ALL and lift it completely. Be inspired, create your ‘AnnaLift’ and then upload your page to the Anna gallery, plus include it here in this forum thread. It would be great if you could link back to your page in the gallery too!

Anna’s products mix well with so many kits/designers and Anna welcomes you to include these with your Anna Products on your AnnaLift page.

If you’ve never challenged yourself to an AnnaLift—just do it!
If you’ve never posted or shared your AnnaLift—just do it!
If you have time to leave some love for someone in the gallery—do it too!
(Your kind words may inspire and encourage someone!)

Please post your art in this thread and link to the Anna Aspnes gallery to win the $5 giftcard.

In this Challenge, use Stacks of Frames and shapes for dimension:

cyanne22_Auxonne Vierge à l'enfant.jpg
Vierge à l'enfant
Notre Dame d'Auxonne

In Vierge à l’enfant Notre Dame d’Auxonne, Nicole uses a dynamic series of frames and layers to focus on her subject - a sculpture of the Madonna and Child. The subtle stacks of rectangles are not able to contain the figure. Nicole extracts and blends the image. She allows the organic lines in the folds of the cloth to become one with the ground. These lines are repeated in impasto paint, transfers and paper creases. Neutral tones of creme, grey, and coppery brown accent the figure and dapple the edges. A delicate jeweled pin creates balance and added dimension in the composition. In contrast, a round clock represents the passage of time and relates to the title cluster of scripted word art. A border wraps the design in a bold final layer.

IDEAS TO INSPIRE: Use ONE or MORE of the following in your AnnaLift layout.

• Create an artsy design using a favorite image. . .
• Create a design with stacks of frames or contrasting shapes...
• Use neutral or bold brights colors to match your photo. . .
• Use a clipping mask to create a focal point. . .
• Use Multimedia elements for dimension…
• Add textures with artsy transfers...
• Add an Artsy title or expressive journaling....

PRODUCTS TO INSPIRE:

ArtPlay Palette Tinselry
ArtPlay Palette Snow Fun
Distressed Frames No. 5
Incandescence FotoBlendz
Multimedia Frames No. 5
Holiday WordArt Mix No. 13

Upload your page by Friday at 8:00 pm (EST) with the title, ‘AnnaLift ’ and one page will be randomly selected to win a $5 GiftKard to Anna's store. The winner will be posted here on SATURDAY.

Hint: Multiple entries are welcome! Use a separate post - number for each!

We hope our AnnaLift inspires your creativity. You know we always LOVE to see how you ArtPlay.

Thanks for ArtPLAY-ing with us!

Last edited:

NAdams

aA Creative Team Member
I am sorry you were not well. I hope you feel better soon! Fabulous design! I love the diagram of the camera!
I love Nicole's photo cropping but the elk photo wouldn't cooperate. I was able to use lace and wrinkly paper, and a high key photo treatment...

melissamargaret

Hello aArtists!

It’s time for another challenge from Anna Aspnes. The AnnaTeam selects a creative page or design concept from the Anna gallery as the ‘AnnaLift.’ Be inspired, create your own ‘AnnaLift,’ upload your page to the Anna gallery and include it here in this forum thread. Upload your page by Friday 12-17–21 by 8:00 pm EST with the title, ‘AnnaLift. ’ One lucky participant will be randomly selected to win a $5.00 GiftKard to Anna’s shop.

HOW IT WORKS: On Saturday the AnnaTeam posts a creative concept from the Anna gallery as the ‘AnnaLift.’ Check out the inspiration and decide what speaks to you. Is it the design, the color, the wordART, or maybe the photo? Then enjoy artfully playing—there is no right or wrong way to ArtPlay.

Choose ONE idea to lift or choose it ALL and lift it completely. Be inspired, create your ‘AnnaLift’ and then upload your page to the Anna gallery, plus include it here in this forum thread. It would be great if you could link back to your page in the gallery too!

Anna’s products mix well with so many kits/designers and Anna welcomes you to include these with your Anna Products on your AnnaLift page.

If you’ve never challenged yourself to an AnnaLift—just do it!
If you’ve never posted or shared your AnnaLift—just do it!
If you have time to leave some love for someone in the gallery—do it too!
(Your kind words may inspire and encourage someone!)

Please post your art in this thread and link to the Anna Aspnes gallery to win the $5 giftcard.

In this Challenge, use Stacks of Frames and shapes for dimension:

View attachment 362093
Vierge à l'enfant
Notre Dame d'Auxonne

In Vierge à l’enfant Notre Dame d’Auxonne, Nicole uses a dynamic series of frames and layers to focus on her subject - a sculpture of the Madonna and Child. The subtle stacks of rectangles are not able to contain the figure. Nicole extracts and blends the image. She allows the organic lines in the folds of the cloth to become one with the ground. These lines are repeated in impasto paint, transfers and paper creases. Neutral tones of creme, grey, and coppery brown accent the figure and dapple the edges. A delicate jeweled pin creates balance and added dimension in the composition. In contrast, a round clock represents the passage of time and relates to the title cluster of scripted word art. A border wraps the design in a bold final layer.

IDEAS TO INSPIRE: Use ONE or MORE of the following in your AnnaLift layout.

• Create an artsy design using a favorite image. . .
• Create a design with stacks of frames or contrasting shapes...
• Use neutral or bold brights colors to match your photo. . .
• Use a clipping mask to create a focal point. . .
• Use Multimedia elements for dimension…
• Add textures with artsy transfers...
• Add an Artsy title or expressive journaling....

PRODUCTS TO INSPIRE:

ArtPlay Palette Tinselry
ArtPlay Palette Snow Fun
Distressed Frames No. 5
Incandescence FotoBlendz
Multimedia Frames No. 5
Holiday WordArt Mix No. 13

Upload your page by Friday at 8:00 pm (EST) with the title, ‘AnnaLift ’ and one page will be randomly selected to win a $5 GiftKard to Anna's store. The winner will be posted here on SATURDAY.

Hint: Multiple entries are welcome! Use a separate post - number for each!

We hope our AnnaLift inspires your creativity. You know we always LOVE to see how you ArtPlay.

Thanks for ArtPLAY-ing with us!
Really inspired by look of the sculpted fabric. I've got slews of cemetery photos and this moved me to do something with one of them

NAdams

aA Creative Team Member
Merci pour ce challenge Nancy :)
Quelques photos de Rome où mon fils faisait un court séjour cette semaine
Je n'ai pas pu résister au plaisir de faire une page avec La mini Palette Rome.
Bravo à toutes pour vos belles pages !!!
Stunning! I love the blending of the city skyline! The addition of the sculpture makes a perfect memory!

minyu

Here is my page. I enjoyed the challenge, thanks.

full