Oscraps

AnnaColor Challenge 09.30.2016-10.13.2016

Adryane

aA Creative Team Member
Hello and welcome to a new AnnaColor Challenge!

This challenge is all about color - where we see it, what inspires us, and how to design with it.

When I was looking up information on black and white photography, I found this:

Black and white photography can give certain scenes a striking, timeless quality when done well. Not every shot will work in B&W, just like certain shots look more beautiful in monochrome than in color. To get the best B&W photos, try planning for that difference and consider the following three tips:

1. Use light and shadow to your advantage.

Light and shadow become more obvious when color is absent. Make sure you plan for that difference and turn it into a strength. For example, try creating a strong contrast between darkness and light. The darker the shadows are, the brighter your light will look.

2. Focus on texture and shape.

Like light and shadow, texture and shape tend to be more important in B&W photos. You no longer have color to lead the viewer’s eye; you need interesting curves, curious shapes, and/or great texture instead.

3. Aim for clarity.

Color photos have a wide palette of color and shading, while black and white photos look best when there’s a clear ‘black’ and ‘white’ to guide the viewer. Otherwise, you end up with a vague, muddy-looking gray image.

Challenge yourself to use one or more of these tips for this challenge!

2016_09_26.jpg

This challenge will run from 09.30.2016-10.13.2016.

Upload your page to Anna’s Gallery by Thursday, October 13, 2016 (5pm EST), with AnnaColor in the title and post a copy here, in this thread, so that we can admire your work.

Here are a few things to inspire you:

ArtPlay Palette Rock It
ArtPlay Palette Sophistica
ArtPlay Palette Classico
ArtPlay Palette Star

You may use other designer’s products, too, so long as your page contains some AnnaProducts.

One page will be randomly selected to win a $5 GiftKard to Anna’s Store. The winner will be posted on Thursday, October 13, 2016 (or soon thereafter).

Thank you for participating!
Anna and the Team

SharLamb

Sharron
gaaahh...I HAD to move to a different position, so I came to my computer. Sure enough, working on a scrapbook page took me out of myself and my cold misery for awhile. This page is especially fun for me because it was inspired (okay, scraplifted) from a page Cathy Zielske included in her first Clean and Simple Scrapbooking book (page 28 )...BEFORE digital. I always admired her clean graphic style, and still make those kind of pages, especially for all the photos I get from my kids (mostly of THEIR kids). I make pages for them, and they want the PHOTOS and the STORY to dominate, not artsy "distractions."
09-30-16_Pure_Joy_Clara_on_Swing_B-W_copy.jpg

https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/s...le=anna-color-lift-09-30-16-pure-joy&cat=1351

Last edited by a moderator:

myla

the tiger

showphoto.php

Already many of the beautiful realizations for this challenge! Here is mine

Last edited by a moderator: