Oscraps

AnnaColor Challenge 09.22.2017-10.05.2017

Adryane

aA Creative Team Member
Hello and welcome to a new AnnaColor Challenge!

It's time for our annual black and white challenge. This year my littlest kitty, Ellie, agreed to help out with the photo inspiration :)

This challenge will run from 09.22.2017-10.05.2017.

CHALLENGE RULES:
Your photo must be converted to black and white for this challenge.
ETA: You may use color on your page but it should be an accent. The majority of the page should be black and white.

Upload your page to Anna’s Gallery by Thursday, October 5, 2017 (5pm EST), with AnnaColor in the title and post a copy here, in this thread, so that we can admire your work.

Here are a few things to inspire you:

ArtPlay Palette Sophistica
ArtPlay Palette Classico
ArtPlay Palette Star
ArtPlay Palette Embrace Me

You may use other designer’s products, too, so long as your page contains some AnnaProducts.

One page will be randomly selected to win a $5 GiftKard to Anna’s Store. The winner will be posted on Thursday, October 5, 2017 (or soon thereafter).

Thank you for participating!
Anna and the Team

Last edited by a moderator:

SharLamb

Sharron
Ellie is ADORABLE! It seems in my real life, no one will admit to loving cats. I adore them, but have been without one for several years (we travel too much to be owned by one). Anyway, I've noticed how many O-zies have and love cats, and that makes me feel even more at home here. I may have to submit a photo of The Cat of My Heart, Zookie, who I still miss so much. Thanks for this challenge.

SharLamb

Sharron
I'm taking a chance that there can be other colors on the page. If not, I'll convert later.
09-22-17_Color-Challenge_BackPorchBandit-copy.jpg

https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/s...olor-lift-09-22-17-back-porch-bandit&cat=1351

dwsewbiz

I tried converting several photos to black & white and hated them, being so highly addicted to color. Then I remembered something that is already black & white that I love :) (I did convert the photo, but Cher remained the same ;-))

tigress

They say if you want to capture true emotion you always convert to a B & W or monochromatic shading. I always find this to be true. Black and white pictures almost always highlight the emotion of the model --- that's why they make such good melodramatic pictures, i.e., moody, melodramatic, morbid and moving.

Remembering this I had at least 4 or 5 models in mind to create the perfect atmosphere. But I dismissed all these and decided instead to go with a polar bear cub playing in the snow.

Here's mine!

polar.jpg

dvhoward

My first attempt had too much color (I hadn't read the directions carefully). I think this one follows the palette much better.

tigress

It's wonderful how many pets are here in this challenge. I loved seeing them all! I really, really thought about doing my one beloved dog -- and he's grey, too, so no recoloring -- LOL...but I was in a melancholy mood, so here's my second one that I did for this challenge. Kind of reflects my mood today.

WORLD-KEEPS-REVOLVING.jpg

Corinnz

My youngest yesterday afternoon. This photo has farm more impact in B&W.
I kept the rest really simple
H-motunau.jpg