Oscraps

Anna Page Makeover Challenge (May 21-May 28)

casbury

Chris
New Anna Page Makeover Challenge to be posted here on Monday, May 21. Check back here on Monday for challenge details.

One lucky participant will be randomly selected to win a $5 GiftKard to Anna’s shop.

casbury

Chris
MakeoverChallenge.jpg

casbury

Chris
It’s Makeover Monday and time for another AnnaPage Makeover Challenge May 21-May 28.

The choice was black and white: The clear choice for the challenge this week was ‘black and white’, inspired by Anna’s new ArtPlay Palette Classico. We invite you to makeover one of your own pages with an artsy black and white theme. A classic palette, black and white can suggest drama, sophistication, simplicity or purity. Challenge yourself to makeover one of your pages and create an excitingly different mood with an artsy transformation. Try using the luminosity blending mode as another way to convert photos to b&w. And this is a perfect chance to experiment with various filters, such as the sketch and rendering options.

We don’t want anyone to feel left out. If you don’t have a page to redo, play along with us anyway and create a new black and white page. Explore the affects of this palette. How does it make you feel? What mood are you trying to convey?

Just as in the AnnaLift, upload your page to the Anna gallery and post it here in the forum for us all to see and admire your new style. Try to include the 'before' page. See instructions for how to do this in the last Makeover forum https://ozone.oscraps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23001. But don't worry, you can skip this step if you want to.

One lucky participant will be randomly selected to win a $5 GiftKard to Anna’s shop. The winner will be posted here on Tuesday, May 29.

A few before and after examples from the AnnaTeam...

Here's Donna’s Redo of her daughter's grad page I See You. She used a black and white palette on the original page but conveyed an artsier style on the redo.

(before)
ISeeYou_Before.jpg

(after)

Here's a page by me of my son's graduation. My goal was to create a cleaner page by using only one of the photos and I renamed it Celebrating You.

(before)
Grad2resize.jpg

(after)

And here’s a new page by ViVre. She didn’t do a makeover but created a new page in beautiful black and white.
Pure.

Here are a few ArtPlay Palettes to inspire a black and white theme.
ArtPlay Palette Classico
ArtPlay Palette Sophistica
ArtPlay Palette Everyday
ArtPlay Palette No. 6
ArtPlay Palette Rock(IT)

…and don’t forget Anna’s cool new alpha
Acrylic AlphaNumberSet No.1

We hope our PageMakeovers inspire you to give one of your pages a brand new artsy look in black and white. Make it sophisticated, dramatic, simple or clean lined. Come join us in the gallery and share your ‘Anna Page Makeover.’

Upload your Makeover by 5pm PST 5.28.12 and check back here on Tuesday, May 29 to see who wins the Anna GiftKard.

Thank you all for participating!
Anna and the Team

Last edited by a moderator:

casbury

Chris
Wow, Fiona. Amazing how a few subtle changes in layering and design make the makeover page much more cohesive! Love the red lips!

casbury

Chris
Marnie, love the colors of those balloons, but the B/W version has lots of mystic! Love that cluster of elements!

BHo

Here's mine (image is linked)!

After....

Before...
topoftherock.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

casbury

Chris
Lilly, I just love the expression on this cutie's little face. The high contrast b/w photograph adds so much feeling to the page. Great worn steps she's sitting on...love that distressed look.

Dady, detracting the color from the bg really makes those gorgeous cat eyes take center stage. Such a beautiful kitty! Love the new page design. Wonderful flow.

Wow, Barb...wish I was there. So much more drama in the b/w makeover.

Ellen

mine is a new one rather than a do it again one as I'm on a strange computer with a for me new PS 6 program which is a challenge in itself.
I love black and white layouts and photos

casbury

Chris
I agree with Karen...love all the black and white. Dramatic contrast in Ellen's lovely flower, a priceless ultrasound and creative scrapping by Angela and a gracefully textured card by Deb.

mrstoa

mrstoa
the makeovers are amazing - and love the black and white theme too.
Wonderful challenge, Chris - and the results outstanding!

casbury

Chris
Amazing how a transformation to a black and white palette can make a such a special change in the page's emotion. Beautiful makeovers, Eszter and Merienn and thank you Irene for playing along and creating a lovely new page.