Oscraps

Current Challenge 2024-04 Rachel Jefferies April 2024 Mixed Media Challenge

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
Hey My Friends!! It's a brand new month and some brand new mixed media fun!

As a reminder, here is overview of the approach to the 2024 Mixed Media Challenges:
Each month through 2024 a broad theme will be provided for the challenge and you can interpret these themes as literally or as loosely and abstractly as you wish.

Please feel inspired and relaxed to experiment and personalize these challenges this year to your advantage. Our goal for 2024 is for you to get pages scrapped, use your stash of digital art, and if you’d like, and have time, practice some fun techniques to build confidence in your mixed media scrapbooking.

If you’d like to learn something specific please inbox Rachel with your suggestion.

For April 2024, our challenge will be themed around the colors and textures of nature around us.

As noted above, this is a casual challenge and you can interpret these themes as literally or as loosely and abstractly as you wish and put your own spin on it.

If you need a helping hand and some suggestions to spark an idea or tackle this months challenge here are some prompts:
  • You can use textures associated with animal print, wood grain, water droplets or water ripples, etc
  • You can use "rocky terrain" to depict a rocky time you have experienced or use "smoothness of stone" to depict how "smooth" a transition or process went
  • You can use the colors around as inspiration for your layout color palette
  • You can use the colors from nature to depict your mood (yellow-happy, blue-sad, etc).

Tips/Technique/Tutorial:
With each challenge, a tip/technique/tutorial will be included. There is no pressure to incorporate the tip/technique/tutorial into your challenge page, the choice is entirely yours.

Do you ever stumble upon a stamp that you really like but it isn't in the color that you need/want? Before you walk away from the stamp element, why don't you consider applying a quick color overlay.

The green stamp that is under the black flowers on the right side of my layout, was originally black/gray tone in color. I altered the color of it temporarily for this layout by applying a layer style/color overlay and then selected the shade of green that I wanted to work with the color scheme of my layout. (you can further adjust the color represented by playing with the different color overly blend modes. Below, I actually used a color overly of "normal" to achieve the look I wanted.)

Here's my layout. I was inspired by all the "new" green around me, since spring has sprung in my part of the world.
NympLOh.jpg

Challenge Requirements:
  • Create a new page around the colors and textures of nature around us.
  • Use at least 75% of Rachel's Product currently available in her Oscraps shop.
  • Any remaining percentage must be product from another current Oscraps designer. This could also include retired products from Rachel or the other current Oscraps designer.
  • Hybrid projects are also welcome and the same product rules apply. Where digital products are used in a hybrid project they must all come from current Oscraps designers, and at least 75% must be Rachel's Product.
  • Upload your layout to the Rachel Jefferies Designs Gallery at Oscraps with your product credits.
  • For your challenge entry to be counted, you MUST upload your finished layout to this thread. Please link your gallery image to your post in this thread, as it helps us leave love on your layout (and validate your project).
  • No double-dipping… your layout must be created for this challenge only, no others.
  • You must create a NEW layout for this challenge.
  • This challenge will remain open for the monthly coupons through April 30, 2024
Prizes:
  • All participants who post their page during the challenge month by the end of month deadline and meet the criteria will be eligible for a coupon of 15% off their next order (from Rachel's shop) of $10 or more.
  • ONE lucky random winner who posts their page during the challenge month by the end of month deadline and meets the criteria will receive a $8.00 coupon for Rachel's Shop here at Oscraps!
  • By completing ALL twelve of Rachel's Mixed Media Challenges at Oscraps in 2024, this will give you the chance to win a $25 coupon to her shop!
    • In order to be eligible for $25 Coupon to Rachel's shop you will need to do the following:
      • Complete ALL twelve of Rachel's Mixed Media Challenges at Oscraps in 2024 by December 31, 2024 by 1159 PM PDT.
      • Post the challenge layout in the appropriate challenge month thread in Rachel Jefferies Challenge Threads (for example: January Challenge layout must be posted in the January Challenge thread that is linked back to the gallery--even if you complete it in November, it still must be posted in the January Thread).
      • Complete your tracker thread with a link to each layout by December 31, 2024 by 1159 PM PDT.
Note: Challenge pages will be accepted for individual challenges after the actual challenge month and the end of month deadlines have both passed.

If you have any questions just tag me and I will get back to you as soon as I can. As always, I look forward to your creations!