Oscraps

2014 Week 20 Project 365/Life/52

dwsewbiz

What beautiful colors Jean! How smart of nature to combine that lovely pueple and green :)

Wet...I don't know what wet is...although I love my weather, I worry about water usage so much, I want to thrash some of my neighbors who are overwatering lawns and having water run into the street when we are in a severe drought...but, glad you have water to keep things green! :)

LindyShay

My Week 20 :)

20-copy.jpg

dwsewbiz

A lot of great action and perspective shots this week Heather! And look how big Chloe is getting! Sweet pages!

scrap-genie

You all have gorgeous pages for the week. Diane, tell us about that chalkboard again, I've forgotten how you're using it. Looks great.

dwsewbiz

The chalkboard ... :) It's the size of a kitchen cabinet door, because that's what it used to be, painted with chalkboard paint and framed. It hangs on our front porch/entryway, and I redo it seasonally..the last one was for Easter, before that spring, a creative one, holidays, etc.

It's a lot of fun for me to do it and then to see it each day :) I can also see it from my office window.

Here is a page I did about it showing the Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas boards :)

Thanks for asking, I love my chalboard!

Namaste

PL 2014: Week 20

Everyone's pages are so amazing! I find myself struggling between the artistic and the documenting. I want a lot of stuff in my layouts... the photos, the social media... But then it detracts from the artistic potential in the layouts. When using the old boring PL official layouts, it was easier for me. I struggle getting everything in Anna's templates. But I like the design of them so much better. Slightly addicted if you will. I draw from all of your layouts for more inspiration. I need to weed out some of the social media, I think. It is probably way too much. Always an evolution, right?

My week 20 was a 3 pager, so the 4th layout is really the start of Week 21. I still match them side by side regardless of when a new week begins. Thanks for letting me share! Now back to trying to get caught up AGAIN!

Week-20-1-Web.jpg

Week-20-2-Web.jpg

Week-20-3-Web.jpg

Week-21-1-Web.jpg

Week-20-1-Web.jpg
Week-20-2-Web.jpg

Week-20-3-Web.jpg
Week-21-1-Web.jpg

dwsewbiz

I understand the struggle Yvonne...we are all part artist, part story-teller.

One of the things that has helped me...occasionally I will add some really artsy page that focuses on one thing, one event, one person, one photo, or a combo, but some highlight of the week.

This is an example...we went to the beach on Saturday, so there were a bunch of shots of the beach, what was going on at the beach, etc.
But then I took this one photo of the motel and made an artsy page:

Here is another example...my daughter sent this Instagram, and I loved the photo so made a full-pager out of it.

Even though you don't see them here, I still put week numbers and days/dates on these so they are connected to the weekly pages. I think it also helps the 'book' to have some variety, rather than just page after page of PL-looking.

Of course, this adds significantly to my page count :) But I don't necessarily do it every week, just if there are particular photos that I want to feature in an art page.

And BTW i LOVE your social media in the pages :)

Thanks for sharing!

Namaste

Those are gorgeous layouts Diane! I should think about doing that. I wound up having my PL into two albums last year. By the time was all said and done - I was at about $70 a book printed at Costco! I think I had about 70 pages in each album. I try to include our whole family, that way, everyone has just one album. I'm going backward (if I can ever get caught up with this year), and will start printing that for the kids as well. I keep telling myself I should trim things down, but then I don't when it gets down to it. Haha. My kids do try to send me stuff, and of course with a granddaughter, I'm going to include everything of her. The past pages don't have as much content, so it should be relatively easy if I just put my mind to it.

I got divorced 10 years ago, and for a long time, I just put scrapbooking aside. I never could get the stuff done from when I was married. Now I'm over all of it, so I'd be fine documenting the past. I used to do an album for all the kids, and with 5, it was a daunting task. Project life is such a healing journey, because it makes me view life as such. The good, bad, happy, sad, all of it just takes us where we are, and at the end of the day, it's a good place so no regrets. I also started a blurb book years ago of my childhood, but never finished it. I need to. My kids would love it. I may go the project life route instead. I've kept a journal since I was 8 years old although I haven't been so good at it in recent years. I think that's why I love using social media so much in my layouts. The journaling aspect of it.

Ok, that's my ramble. Thanks for the input and ideas for being artistic in my layouts for PL!