Oscraps

2014 title page?

sabdesbois

Feeling at hOme!
I was wondering whether I would make one right now before starting the year or wait until all pages are completed to make one by the end of 2014.
Dilemna!!

Andrea C.

Those are awesome cover pages! Great idea for them but I think it will be easier for me to do one at the end of the year :)

dwsewbiz

both great covers!! I will likely not use pictures, as I have had fairly monochromatic, non-picture covers for the last 2 years and I like them :)

Namaste

PL 2014: Title Page

After being warmly welcomed by so many of you, I thought I'd go ahead and start posting my layouts in the thread for 2014. I'm so happy that I finished 2013, so now I can focus on getting current! Thank you for the invite, as I've been looking for a place to settle in community wise.

Here's my title page for 2014:

Title-Page-Web.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Namaste

Those are awesome cover pages! Great idea for them but I think it will be easier for me to do one at the end of the year :)

I've thought about doing one at the end as a recap... I always need to have a "fresh start" so the one at the beginning is the first one I do. That's a smart idea, though.

easyeyes4you

So I am on vacation right now, which actually allows me the time to look at places on O that I have never taken the time to explore. My thought process on Project 365 has always been that you have to scrap every day and only on 2 pages and that was totally undo able for me! That said my whole reason to scrap is to document my life. Love looking at the "artsy pages" but that is not where I feel I should be spending my time. Slowly have come to realize I AM doing something very close to Project 365. So are there rules to be abided by.? Do I have to be totally chronological? I have events from Jan. That I still need to go back and get done. Are there any prizes offered and how much non O stuff is allowed? In reading some of the posts here there is an ongoing discussion about title pages. So I almost always start with that and typically try to include a calendar of the year. That did not happen this year and my title page was posted for a challenge earlier in the year. I will try to link it here, not sure I can get it to show in the forum since I do not have the computer with me.

dwsewbiz

Hi Liz...no rules, never any rules :)

There are a couple of approaches.
Project 365 - take a photo every day, and generally make a page per week with the 7 photos on it.
Project Life - take photos, maybe every day, but not necessarily, and scrap the week, highlighting stories with photos.

Then there are hybrid approaches to both.

I'm with you...love artsy pages, do one occasionally, but when I do, it is part of my project life. This year I am doing mostly a 2-page spread to document the week, but many weeks I add more pages for special trips, special stories, eg I am now working on Mother's Day weekend.

If the trip or story is too long, I might make a separate book for it.

But the bottom line is I try to spend most of my scrapping time documenting my life, my stories, for my family :)

No prizes, we just try to encourage one another to keep going, as many find it is a challenge to keep up any PL/P365 project.
Rules are the general Oscraps gallery rules, use some Oscraps product, or, as a 'regular', you can skip Oscraps product for some pages.

Really helps to choose a designer/template to make the page design easier.

Hope this helps! Please join us!

easyeyes4you

Diane... thanks for your great response... made me feel totally welcome... I will be back to play with you when I get home.... :nod: