Oscraps

04*01*18 On A Whimsical Adventure Challenge IX – No Jokes About It

estir_bune

Happy Easter & happy April Fools Day!

Spring is finally official! Even though Mother Nature is still throwing a few snow balls at us here in the Midwest this week, the calendar says that it’s officially SPRING!

Thank you so much to all that joined in on last month’s challenge! It is really a treat going through all the layouts! All of our entries were fantastic as usual, but there can only be one winner…. Drumroll please……..
Congratulations cocodou), you have been randomly selected as the March ONAWA challenge winner at Oscraps!! Congratulations!!! I will send you a message with a way to contact Anja to claim your prize!

I don’t know about you, but ever since I started scrapping, I find myself admiring logo and packaging design more. There is an awful lot of great artistry in several of the things that we see day to day. I noticed, just the other day, how fantastic the composition is for the logo of our local zoo actual is – so much so that I decided to use it as our inspiration piece!
This month I am asking that you gain inspiration from the logo and design your page from it.

Rules:
~at least one photo, maximum of four
~use the inspiration piece to inspire what you create – turn it, invert it, use elements of it, what ever!
~use at least 3 elements
~use at least 2 fonts
~Use 100% Oscraps products, with at least 50% being On A Whimsical Adventure products.
~have fun!
https://www.oscraps.com/shop/On-a-Whimsical-Adventure-/

I can’t wait to see what you all do!

take inspiration from:
zoo_inspiration.jpg

my take:
ix-no-joke.jpg

estir_bune

Diane: your layouts always make me smile! I love this! All of your elements (LOVE the bling) are fantastic for your photo!

Thank you so much for playing!

estir_bune

Geraldine: Oh my gosh!!!! Is that bird (a black capped Chickadee right) on your hand???? How did you get it to trust you so much???? Way cool! Such a nice warm feel to this page! The colors and elements are just perfect together! Love it! Thank you for playing!

Sharlamb: I am such a font nerd - typography is just utterly cool to me and I am loving your choices here! What font did you use for "wonderful"? I just love it! I think the way you highlighted the pops of color in your photographs with your choice of elements is FANTASTIC! Great job here! Thank you for playing!

Nurmi: Wow! Your photos are simply stunning! The composition you went with adds amazing interest to the page! I absolutely adore the purple background! It allows the tinge of purple in the photos to shine through! Beautiful work! Thank you for playing!

estir_bune

Sharlamb: You are on a roll! I love the colors here! Looks like a fun place to stop! My daughter loves the name of the place! her name is Molly! :)

Jean: First off, congratulations on 50 years! That is so wonderful! That ring is gorgeous!!! You are right! The inspiration piece is perfect for these photos! Your element collage is superb! Love it!

Thank you both for playing!

Secima

Thank you for the great challenge!

(I forgot about fonts, but I changed my LO. This is with 2 fonts.)

Last edited by a moderator:

estir_bune

Cinderella: A girl! How wonderful! What a lovely page to celebrate a daughter! I am just tickled by the little offset photo! It fits so well here! Lovely! Thank you for playing!

Marjke:a nice reminders to all of us that grumble about rainy days! I love how the rain drops are carried out of the photo on to the page! Great font choices as well!

Eva: I love your take of the challenge, but I seem to not be able to find your two different fonts... am I just missing them? The butterfly elements look as if they were meant for that photo! This just makes me smile!

Thank you for playing!

Secima

Andrea, sorry I forgot about fonts, but I changed my LO. I used 2 different fonts on my changed page.

SharLamb

Sharron
I just saw that you asked about the font I used for "wonderful" in my UmbrellaDay layout. It is Autumn in November. :) I love it too.