Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Tuesday, May 21

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good Morning! How are the O-zies today?

I'm a little bummed out today. This will be the first year ever that I won't see Scott on his actual birthday. I'm lucky that I made it 28 years before that happened and it's not like I didn't see him on Sunday. Can't complain, really. Does it ever *not* feel like only yesterday when you remember the birth of a child? It seems out of this word crazy that it was 28 years ago. I'm extremely proud of him, he is such a wonderful person. He has come a loooong way... just ask some of the "old-timers" here what kinds of hell he put me through Bwuahaha!

I ran all over yesterday. I bailed on TJ Maxx and went to Walmart *shudders* I had to go to the Dollar Tree next to it to get some more of the wine glasses Sam and I need to make bridal shower favors. Figured as long as I was making the trip down the highway, I'd go to both places. I stopped at the garden center on my way home and bought a few tomato plants, some basil, rosemary, and a pack of zinnias for the front steps. I planted them, swept the patio up a little, and then it was dinner time. Thankfully, I had leftovers so I didn't have to cook.

Today is a middle school field trip-- 7th graders. *gulps* I am way out of my league with that age. I am working the stream rotation so at least I know what I am doing. Maybe the older kids will not "fall" into the steam like the 5th graders like to. :floorlaugh: :lol23: :floorlaugh: Yeah. We'll see about it. Hehe!

:hug4:

A-M

It is nearly time for me to get ready for bed. We had our first early winter frost this morning so our mornings and nights are getting cold.
I enjoyed a morning of sewing at Uniforms 4 Kids where we use out of date police and ambulance uniforms - unpicked and cut up and other fabric added to make clothes for needy children ( domestic violence situations - missions etc ) If you want to know about this organisation you can read about it HERE. I will attach a photo of when we had a display in the local Craft Store which shows a pair of shorts that I made on the right. 20230804_091126.jpg

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
BTW- I giggled when I walked past the clematis LOL!

@vickyday I decided on leggings over capris for that reason. I found a Walmart brand that is "cotton core" leggings so hopefully they won't be as hot as some of the mostly spandex ones. It's supposed to be 85* today so I'll find out soon ;)
Who is happier that te rain stopped, you or Mark? My money is on Mark LOL

@MariJ GAHHH!!! I am so jealous!!!! I would looooove to have a house down the shore. After my parents paid off the mortgage on their house, they wanted to get a vacation house, mainly for the grandkids to enjoy. They were debating between a house in the Poconos or a shore house. Mom and I were 100% behind a shore house but my dad and DH *hate* the shore. Dollar for dollar they were able to get a cute 3 BR cabin near Wallenpaupack, while down the shore--- pfft. Maybe a small bungalow? Throw in shore traffic and travel times became another factor. So I keep on dreaming that one day I'll hit the lottery (that I don't play hahaha!) and get something where I can drink coffee or wine and watch the waves.

Oh wow-- if you SGs were here during covid you would have met Braxton! Braxton had a blast during lockdowns. Even more so when Liguine O'Brien moved in.
:rotfl:
~~~> This is the point when the new ladies will be totally scared off by me or not.

Braxton -- and L-O'B -- are Halloween skeletons that didn't get put away. They became "family members" and we dressed them up, moved them around the house, posing them. I have a lot of LOs of them. when I have more time, I'll share a few.

@mimes1 Oh wow, that must have been a rush for Erinn to drive a race car.
Yes, definitely hey the kids up to speed on some of the "classics" like JBJ!

@bitzee You are so sweet!!!

@bcgal00 How fun to see all of the baby birds at the lake! Good luck to Mama Robin too!

@AK_Tracy Raisins in brownies was very traumatic- thank you for understanding :D
I think you all fit in here so well because you are as cray-cray as I am! (Although now that you know about Braxton... that might change LOL!)
You have some work to do with DS and music, but he'll figure it out. But Eddie Money and Skid Row??

@BrightEyes good luck with scrapping, I know once the inspiration hits, you won't be able to stop

@Cherylndesigns you and your gang always make me smile! You need matching Magpie tattoos.
I didn't take any pics of the bags but I have the ATCs saved. I'll share a few when I have time.

@pachimac Staaaaaaap!! You are fine!! A little bit of anticipation can be a creative boost :D

@JeanneMN WOW!!!!!! I love the garden! I'll be thinking of you on Friday as you celebrate your friends with love and memories.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
BTW- I giggled when I walked past the clematis LOL!

@vickyday I decided on leggings over capris for that reason. I found a Walmart brand that is "cotton core" leggings so hopefully they won't be as hot as some of the mostly spandex ones. It's supposed to be 85* today so I'll find out soon ;)
Who is happier that te rain stopped, you or Mark? My money is on Mark LOL

@MariJ GAHHH!!! I am so jealous!!!! I would looooove to have a house down the shore. After my parents paid off the mortgage on their house, they wanted to get a vacation house, mainly for the grandkids to enjoy. They were debating between a house in the Poconos or a shore house. Mom and I were 100% behind a shore house but my dad and DH *hate* the shore. Dollar for dollar they were able to get a cute 3 BR cabin near Wallenpaupack, while down the shore--- pfft. Maybe a small bungalow? Throw in shore traffic and travel times became another factor. So I keep on dreaming that one day I'll hit the lottery (that I don't play hahaha!) and get something where I can drink coffee or wine and watch the waves.

Oh wow-- if you SGs were here during covid you would have met Braxton! Braxton had a blast during lockdowns. Even more so when Liguine O'Brien moved in.
~~~> This is the point when the new ladies will be totally scared off by me or not.

Braxton -- and L-O'B -- are Halloween skeletons that didn't get put away. They became "family members" and we dressed them up, moved them around the house, posing them. I have a lot of LOs of them. when I have more time, I'll share a few.

@mimes1 Oh wow, that must have been a rush for Erinn to drive a race car.
Yes, definitely hey the kids up to speed on some of the "classics" like JBJ!

@bitzee You are so sweet!!!

@bcgal00 How fun to see all of the baby birds at the lake! Good luck to Mama Robin too!

@AK_Tracy Raisins in brownies was very traumatic- thank you for understanding :D
I think you all fit in here so well because you are as cray-cray as I am! (Although now that you know about Braxton... that might change LOL!)
You have some work to do with DS and music, but he'll figure it out. But Eddie Money and Skid Row??

@BrightEyes good luck with scrapping, I know once the inspiration hits, you won't be able to stop

@Cherylndesigns you and your gang always make me smile! You need matching Magpie tattoos.
I didn't take any pics of the bags but I have the ATCs saved. I'll share a few when I have time.

@pachimac Staaaaaaap!! You are fine!! A little bit of anticipation can be a creative boost :D

@JeanneMN WOW!!!!!! I love the garden! I'll be thinking of you on Friday as you celebrate your friends with love and memories.

Good idea to get the cotton leggings!
Yes, I'm sure Mark is the happier of the 2 of us that the rain has stopped! However he was so tired after work yesterday that he took his shower and hit the couch right after work! Didn't even consider going to the woods!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning,
Getting ready to go for my walk while it is still coolish....61.
The sun is out, so I will don my hat and wear those funny "glasses" the eye doc gives you after dilating your eyes, plug in ear buds and listen to my audiobook.
I'll be back later..............

MariJ

'Morning all.
Chris, that amazes me, who could not love the Shore? (although I do know a few people). Yes, I am fortunate to have access to the shore, but like you - my dream is to own a shore house, but there are a lot of obstacles to that, firstly $. Like you I'd have to play the lottery, which I don't play! Or rarely... Oh, you haven't lost me and I doubt you'd lose any other SGs from what I know. Braxton sounds like fun, I would have loved that.
There once was a purple monkey named "Huck" for Huckleberry who was bought at a SG meet-up long ago. He was sent to whomever wanted to host him and you created layouts of him during his stay. Kind of like Flat Stanley. I was his last host before he went back to his original owner.
I really must check out those leggings, sounds good. Are they called "cotton core"? Stay cool today, it's going to be a hot one.

Anne Marie, I love hearing about your work, it's such a worthy cause and great idea. I liked seeing your work, too. :beatingheart: @A-M

Terri M

@faerywings @MariJ I love vacationing at the shore, but both husband and daughter dislike beaches. He says he gets bored, she just doesn't like sand. Got me. But since now she's off on her own life, and David leaves it up to me to make vacationing plans, I always manage to trade into a timeshare someplace on the beach every year. Back when I lived in NJ I used to like to drive to Ocean Grove and just walk along the boardwalk in the off-season.

So today's our 48th anniversary. Kind of unimaginable. Neither of us really thought of it until yesterday. Here in Charlottesville, UVa graduation is over and the students are (mostly) away so we should be able to find someplace nice for dinner without too much trouble. Although Tuesdays can be iffy for restaurants being open.

My brother and his partner recently moved, and as a housewarming/retirement gift I want to make a clock that says "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" and, instead of the numbers, or maybe next to the numbers, the name of a city where it would be 5:00 at that time. So, for example, at 5 would be their home city, at the 4 location would be a city one time zone east (ummm, yeah, that's right), etc. I figure that, with my scrapping kits, I could make something that looks good. Which would NOT be the case if I had to hand-paint it! Has anyone ever used a company that makes custom clocks? I've done a little googling, but nothing really looks right to me yet.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Quick in and out this morning. I am heading out for a doggie playdate at a friend's home who has the most wonderful property (a couple of acres) for the dogs to play in. Her dog Bella and Remi are besties now. Taz loves everyone and is very gentle with the other elderly blind dog. They wander together, sniffing.

Then home to bathe Remi (who gets quite dirty with all the running and sliding to get the ball) before I head out for Mexican Train with my ladies group.

HAGD everyone.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, gals. It was a busy day yesterday. I dropped off the donations at GW then stopped at Dollar Tree (in the same shopping strip) and picked up some kitchen scissors and a few other things. Back home to rest on the recliner for a bit. When passing through the MBedroom, the dresser caught my eye. I have a medium-sized wooden writer desk thing with shelves, drawers, and slots that became a 'catch-all'. Long story short... couldn't stand it piled with stuff... so spent over an hour pulling stuff off of it.... sun glasses, eye glasses, glass cases, old/outdated cards/drivers license, watches, costume jewelry, etc. Now I have it cleared up with my reading glasses on top shelf, jewelry in its slot and 2 empty spaces. Wow... it looks so much better now. Was shredding the plastic CCs when the shredder stopped working. A couple of the cards wrapped around the hot rotating drum and hung it up. Had to get pliers and scissors to pull the pieces away from the drum and cut them off. Shredder is okay... thank goodness. Decided it was better to cut the plastic cards up with scissors. So nice to walk into the bedroom and have it all looking nice and clean and organized. Of course, I ended up back on the massager last evening and the back is stiff and sore this morning. UGH!!!

Will be back later for personals.

AK_Tracy

So nice to walk into the bedroom and have it all looking nice and clean and organized. Of course, I ended up back on the massager last evening and the back is stiff and sore this morning. UGH!!!
I dont know why it inserted this first and not as I was typing. Not sure why it added it into another quote either. Crazy computers.
Kay just wanted to say I am glad you are remembering to rest and use the massager. Its such a good feeling to walk into a clean organized room. Hope youre aches are short lived.
Does it ever *not* feel like only yesterday when you remember the birth of a child?
Nope, almost 32 years since my first baby was born. Still feels like yesterday. How oh how did he get so tall and man like. So proud of them all but man, it still feels like yesterday when they handed me that little bundle of joy.
It is nearly time for me to get ready for bed. We had our first early winter frost this morning so our mornings and nights are getting cold.
I enjoyed a morning of sewing at Uniforms 4 Kids where we use out of date police and ambulance uniforms - unpicked and cut up and other fabric added to make clothes for needy children ( domestic violence situations - missions etc ) If you want to know about this organisation you can read about it HERE. I will attach a photo of when we had a display in the local Craft Store which shows a pair of shorts that I made on the right. View attachment 419445
Anne-Marie I love this!!!! What a wonderful outreach. I love that they aren't sold either but free to a person who needs the help. I am in awe of how they repurpose these items. So wonderful.

Well............ yeah no I would have been right there with you! Offering ideas for poses and laughing like a loon. I dont think you can scare me off. I live with my hubby and he hasn't scared me off with dark humor and twisted ideas. Braxton sounds like he would have been fun.
You have some work to do with DS and music, but he'll figure it out. But Eddie Money and Skid Row?
I know, I tried so hard no to laugh but I had to. So different and not comparable LOL
So today's our 48th anniversary.
:heartpumppink: :heartpumppink: Happy Anniversary Terri!!!!!!! What a wonderful milestone. I hope you are able to get out and celebrate.
I want to make a clock that says "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" and, instead of the numbers, or maybe next to the numbers, the name of a city where it would be 5:00 at that time.
I LOVE the clock idea!!!! That's so awesome. My boss also runs a sign shop and the clock says Its 5 O'clock somewhere and all the numbers are 5. At first glance its hard to tell time but now its just normal.
Quick in and out this morning. I am heading out for a doggie playdate at a friend's home who has the most wonderful property (a couple of acres) for the dogs to play in. Her dog Bella and Remi are besties now. Taz loves everyone and is very gentle with the other elderly blind dog. They wander together, sniffing.

Then home to bathe Remi (who gets quite dirty with all the running and sliding to get the ball) before I head out for Mexican Train with my ladies group.

HAGD everyone.
I love how much time your pup gets with other pups. Mine only play with each other and I think they are missing out. But I am also thankful they dont run to the neighbors across the street to play. Both sets just stand on their property line and look and bark now and again. My little shih-tzu is the fiercest and barks the most. Like she could really take on a big dog. :giggle4: Her inner lion is huge.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
@faerywings @MariJ I love vacationing at the shore, but both husband and daughter dislike beaches. He says he gets bored, she just doesn't like sand. Got me. But since now she's off on her own life, and David leaves it up to me to make vacationing plans, I always manage to trade into a timeshare someplace on the beach every year. Back when I lived in NJ I used to like to drive to Ocean Grove and just walk along the boardwalk in the off-season.

So today's our 48th anniversary. Kind of unimaginable. Neither of us really thought of it until yesterday. Here in Charlottesville, UVa graduation is over and the students are (mostly) away so we should be able to find someplace nice for dinner without too much trouble. Although Tuesdays can be iffy for restaurants being open.

My brother and his partner recently moved, and as a housewarming/retirement gift I want to make a clock that says "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" and, instead of the numbers, or maybe next to the numbers, the name of a city where it would be 5:00 at that time. So, for example, at 5 would be their home city, at the 4 location would be a city one time zone east (ummm, yeah, that's right), etc. I figure that, with my scrapping kits, I could make something that looks good. Which would NOT be the case if I had to hand-paint it! Has anyone ever used a company that makes custom clocks? I've done a little googling, but nothing really looks right to me yet.
Happy Anniversary, Terri!! That's awesome and time goes so fast, I found that out. It was 44 years for us. I always ask myself where did the time go?

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Chris @faerywings I was :floorlaugh: overBraxton. My two favorites were when he dressed up in Cait's cap and gown and when he wears the Mexican sombrero. Do the new girls know about the rats???

"Oh wow-- if you SGs were here during covid you would have met Braxton! Braxton had a blast during lockdowns. Even more so when Liguine O'Brien moved in.

~~~> This is the point when the new ladies will be totally scared off by me or not."

FAIR WARNING.................................and I have two skeletons as well - Lex short for Lexi and Tex. Mine pretty much stay in the closet until around Halloween, but occasionally make an appearance at Christmas time. Lex loves to wear a Santa hat. :elf2: Ava still has hers out - he sits in the basket swing that's hanging in her front yard. We're all a little kookie. :floorlaugh: I also collect sugar skull things.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning! How are the O-zies today?

I'm a little bummed out today. This will be the first year ever that I won't see Scott on his actual birthday. I'm lucky that I made it 28 years before that happened and it's not like I didn't see him on Sunday. Can't complain, really. Does it ever *not* feel like only yesterday when you remember the birth of a child? It seems out of this word crazy that it was 28 years ago. I'm extremely proud of him, he is such a wonderful person. He has come a loooong way... just ask some of the "old-timers" here what kinds of hell he put me through Bwuahaha!

I ran all over yesterday. I bailed on TJ Maxx and went to Walmart *shudders* I had to go to the Dollar Tree next to it to get some more of the wine glasses Sam and I need to make bridal shower favors. Figured as long as I was making the trip down the highway, I'd go to both places. I stopped at the garden center on my way home and bought a few tomato plants, some basil, rosemary, and a pack of zinnias for the front steps. I planted them, swept the patio up a little, and then it was dinner time. Thankfully, I had leftovers so I didn't have to cook.

Today is a middle school field trip-- 7th graders. *gulps* I am way out of my league with that age. I am working the stream rotation so at least I know what I am doing. Maybe the older kids will not "fall" into the steam like the 5th graders like to. :floorlaugh: :lol23: :floorlaugh: Yeah. We'll see about it. Hehe!

:hug4:
No, instead the 7th graders (boys) will try to push others into the stream! I hope they didn't, however!
Happy Birthday to Scott!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
I enjoyed a morning of sewing at Uniforms 4 Kids where we use out of date police and ambulance uniforms - unpicked and cut up and other fabric added to make clothes for needy children ( domestic violence situations - missions etc ) If you want to know about this organisation you can read about it HERE. I will attach a photo of when we had a display in the local Craft Store which shows a pair of shorts that I made on the right. View attachment 419445
What a neat thing to do! The shorts look wonderful!

Reactions: A-M

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
'Morning all.
Chris, that amazes me, who could not love the Shore? (although I do know a few people). Yes, I am fortunate to have access to the shore, but like you - my dream is to own a shore house, but there are a lot of obstacles to that, firstly $. Like you I'd have to play the lottery, which I don't play! Or rarely... Oh, you haven't lost me and I doubt you'd lose any other SGs from what I know. Braxton sounds like fun, I would have loved that.
There once was a purple monkey named "Huck" for Huckleberry who was bought at a SG meet-up long ago. He was sent to whomever wanted to host him and you created layouts of him during his stay. Kind of like Flat Stanley. I was his last host before he went back to his original owner.
I really must check out those leggings, sounds good. Are they called "cotton core"? Stay cool today, it's going to be a hot one.

Anne Marie, I love hearing about your work, it's such a worthy cause and great idea. I liked seeing your work, too. :beatingheart: @A-M
I love that idea that the SGs did with Huck the monkey, Marilyn!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O

Happy Anniversary, Terri!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning, gals. It was a busy day yesterday. I dropped off the donations at GW then stopped at Dollar Tree (in the same shopping strip) and picked up some kitchen scissors and a few other things. Back home to rest on the recliner for a bit. When passing through the MBedroom, the dresser caught my eye. I have a medium-sized wooden writer desk thing with shelves, drawers, and slots that became a 'catch-all'. Long story short... couldn't stand it piled with stuff... so spent over an hour pulling stuff off of it.... sun glasses, eye glasses, glass cases, old/outdated cards/drivers license, watches, costume jewelry, etc. Now I have it cleared up with my reading glasses on top shelf, jewelry in its slot and 2 empty spaces. Wow... it looks so much better now. Was shredding the plastic CCs when the shredder stopped working. A couple of the cards wrapped around the hot rotating drum and hung it up. Had to get pliers and scissors to pull the pieces away from the drum and cut them off. Shredder is okay... thank goodness. Decided it was better to cut the plastic cards up with scissors. So nice to walk into the bedroom and have it all looking nice and clean and organized. Of course, I ended up back on the massager last evening and the back is stiff and sore this morning. UGH!!!

Will be back later for personals.
You are an organizing machine of late, Kay! Hope the massager helps your back today!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Well, I didn't get back in here as early as I thought I would.
Got my walk in (2 miles) then headed to the grocery store (again) for things I forgot or didn't know I needed yesterday, LOL! :crazy: One of those items was laundry detergent. I had enough to finish Mark's laundry yesterday but none for mine. So, after I got home I started my laundry. Then Mark called to see if I wanted to do lunch. Of course! So I picked him and Noah up at 11 and we went to the Mexican restaurant. Back to the house where I continued working on my laundry. I've been listening to an audiobook, "The Masterpiece", by Francine Rivers. 16 hours. I had about 3.5 hours left and it was so good I didn't want to stop listening, so I just listened to it this afternoon and finished about 45 minutes after Mark got home around 3:30. We did our evening devotions after that and then ate some supper. He is now working on the table saw trying to finish up a birdhouse and I'm doing a bit more laundry. I did get my ATC for today's word done this afternoon. Now its almost time to drink my sleepy time tea, play some rummikub with my sister and get ready for bed! I can't believe how early I have been going to bed lately and how early I've been getting up! But it is just as well because I want to "try" to get my walk in at least 5 days a week!
Have a good evening!

AK_Tracy

Well, I didn't get back in here as early as I thought I would.
Got my walk in (2 miles) then headed to the grocery store (again) for things I forgot or didn't know I needed yesterday, LOL! :crazy: One of those items was laundry detergent. I had enough to finish Mark's laundry yesterday but none for mine. So, after I got home I started my laundry. Then Mark called to see if I wanted to do lunch. Of course! So I picked him and Noah up at 11 and we went to the Mexican restaurant. Back to the house where I continued working on my laundry. I've been listening to an audiobook, "The Masterpiece", by Francine Rivers. 16 hours. I had about 3.5 hours left and it was so good I didn't want to stop listening, so I just listened to it this afternoon and finished about 45 minutes after Mark got home around 3:30. We did our evening devotions after that and then ate some supper. He is now working on the table saw trying to finish up a birdhouse and I'm doing a bit more laundry. I did get my ATC for today's word done this afternoon. Now its almost time to drink my sleepy time tea, play some rummikub with my sister and get ready for bed! I can't believe how early I have been going to bed lately and how early I've been getting up! But it is just as well because I want to "try" to get my walk in at least 5 days a week!
Have a good evening!
That's the hard part but good part of summer. The sun comes up earlier and you can get out and walk before its over hot.

Terri M

That's the hard part but good part of summer. The sun comes up earlier and you can get out and walk before its over hot.
I dunno. I always say if God wanted us to see the sunrise, he'd have made it later in the day.

What's killing me now is the sunset. At this time of year it's at exactly the right angle to shine horizontally thru the front door and clearly pick out all the dusty spots around the living room furniture.

MariJ

I love vacationing at the shore, but both husband and daughter dislike beaches. He says he gets bored, she just doesn't like sand. Got me. But since now she's off on her own life, and David leaves it up to me to make vacationing plans, I always manage to trade into a timeshare someplace on the beach every year. Back when I lived in NJ I used to like to drive to Ocean Grove and just walk along the boardwalk in the off-season.

Happy Anniversary! That sure is a special occasion and lots of happy years. I hope you have a nice dinner and celebration.

Oh my goodness as a beach girl, I can not fathom how others can not like the shore, but I do know it is so! Ocean Grove is where my friend's daughter and SIL work in the summer, that's little Julianne's parents. It's easy for them since they live in Belmar and Spring Lake.

Your clock sounds like a great idea! A very long time ago I had a photo clock made at Walgreens, it came out well. But, it was so long ago I'm not sure they still do it.

AK_Tracy

I dunno. I always say if God wanted us to see the sunrise, he'd have made it later in the day.

What's killing me now is the sunset. At this time of year it's at exactly the right angle to shine horizontally thru the front door and clearly pick out all the dusty spots around the living room furniture.
That just means you better be sitting outside so you dont see the dust :floorlaugh: Dont ask how I know this works :floorlaugh:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O

I had to laugh at your comment about the dust, Terri. I do the exact same thing - the late sunlight shines right in the French doors in my kitchen and boy do the dust bunnies shine. EEKKK! I had to chase them this afternoon. :sweeping2:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O

I have a little sign that says "We Do Beer Thirty and Wine O'clock". Probably not what you're looking for, but I thought I'd throw it out there. :wine3::wine4:

Try Etsy - they make any and everything.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O

The sun shines in the family room windows around 4 PM and I can see the dust motes flowing around! Plus it shines right onto the TV screen! Glad I have wood blinds I can close so I can ignore the dust and watch the local evening news.