Oscraps

The Skin You're In

Caro

CHEERY O
Anyone here love skin care and make up? This last year or so I've been trying to take better care of my skin and also trying tons of new make up brand/products. I personally have been using Neutrogena's hyaluronic line for about 6 months now but my skin has been starting to be real dry especially in my eyelid area so I've discontinued it. My daughter and I also signed up for the Allure Beauty monthly box which is so fun. It gives out a few full size expensive beauty brand products as well as a few good samples for a monthly price. We love receiving it every month :drinks2:
I also love checking out Tik Toks about make up and skin care. There's always a ton of valuable info there :coffeescreen:
What are some of your fave skincare routines, make up brands, products? Any tea you'd like to share is welcome :coffeedrinker:

fIQYWb6.gif

Tamsin

Hi, I'm into skincare, not so much makeup. In fact I prefer to go makeup free and that's why the skincare. You need to feel good about your skin to go without makeup. Other than that I'd like like to get something done about my eyebrows. No idea how to go about it though. What products to use. They've gone grey and do nothing for me. I'd like them to enhance my eyes a bit more. I've tested and liked a few brands which are quite expensive but I also use a few of The Ordinary products to balance it out a bit. I'm in love with Summer Friday's moisturiser and The Ordinary's amino acids+ B5 is a great hydrating serum if hydration is a concern. I find the serum is more important than the moisturiser. You could use any budget moisturiser you like if you have a really good hydrating serum. Caroline Hirons is the skincare guru though. You can trust to her recommendations.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
How did I miss this thread? I would love to hear what everyone suggests for bags under the eyes. Unfortunately, part of my problem is hereditary. I have had dark circles and puffy eyes since I was a kid. My son's eyes are the same way.
I don't have many wrinkles besides my forehead but I'm mad at myself for all of the years of baby oil and iodine sunbathing. My skin tone is uneven and not much I can do about it now.
I am going to Google Caroline Hirons, maybe she has a suggestion :)

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
back in the early 80's-- yup! I also used Sun-In for "highlights." It's amazing that I made it out alive :floorlaugh:
Ha ha! I remember Sun-In too! I also tried lemon juice as a cheaper alternative. Now nature is providing me with natural highlights as my hair turns gray.

vivaartistry

Designer
I'm pretty low maintenance...grey hair coming in, also skin isn't as supple as it used to be. I use the Ole Hendriksen skin care line mostly and sometimes the Clinique skincare for dry skin (I live next to an outlet and there's a Cosmetics Company store and everything is always 40-60% off). I do my eyebrows (need to draw in and define since I have very little), eyeliner, and lip (usually lip balm with a lite color to it). That's pretty much it. I don't go out much unfortunately so it's mostly being at home so I do more skincare than makeup.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I have used L'Oreal Regenerist (the red line) for several years now. I use Eucerin Skin Calming lotion twice a day. I have this "thing" about not having dry skin, so I've "lotioned" for years. My other hard and fast rule and one I've imparted to my daughters - "never go to bed with your makeup on". I haven't used soap and water on my face for years, either. I have very dry skin. I take my makeup off with the tried-and-true Pond's Cold Cream Makeup Remover, then put the my moisturing cream on. I put tinted moisturizer on every day, too.