Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Wednesday, April 14

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
happy hump day! I am going to have to make this quick (as if I can!). I have to get Caitlyn up in a few, I am driving her to her post-op appt. More sitting in cars waiting, but at least I won't be worried about anything today.
I was able to spend another couple of hours outside cleaning up leaves. I couldn't get to all of them because they were soaked. In the order that was canceled, I had a new pair of gloves which I really could have used. It was chilly in the shade but the time that I was in the sun felt wonderful.
I wanted to file our taxes yesterday. Even though the deadline was extended, I still wanted to get it all wrapped up. Maybe when I get home later on I will do that.

HAGD!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@nancyr Same weather up here, it did get brighter in the afternoon. I bet it was a nice day for fishing. Luther must have had a fun time playing at doggie daycare. Love how he gets wiped out from it.
Yes, we could use some of Trudy's weather! Jean's and Cheryl's too.

@scrap-genie Thank you for sharing the larger image- it is fantastic! I can see the map and ephemera better. You are so darn creative and talented!

Kay- fab news about the haircut! I can't wait to get mine done. It seems like you always get stuck in detours. I hope you aren't worn out from all of the errands you did, you got so much done.

YES, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRUDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Cherylndesigns Whew, that did work out with the shutters, I can't imagine how awful it would be to see them get rained on. :(
I have tried a chiropractor before, there is a Lyme Friendly one in town but of course, no one takes my insurance up here.
Bailey sounds like a sweet and loveable handful! hah!!

@felis That must have been amazing to have your sister home especially if she is a great cook. Sound like your family had a really nice time together.
Cait's surgery was something "female related" and that is all I know. Haha! But she is fine and says she is healing well.
I think that the pie I made is too sweet because you can't taste the apples all that good. But when it comes to chocolate or fudge or cookies-- I am with you!

Whoopes better get Caitlyn

xoxoxo

LSlycord

Happy birthday Trudy. I hope it is the best one yet and I hope that the restrictions from COVID end soon.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I'm back for personals. Just wanted to wish Trudy @taxed4ever a happy birthday before it got any later.

Chris @faerywings I thought after my "story" about Bailey, you all would think I'm coocoo - catchu!! Well, you all KNOW I am. LMBO. That dog was a mess!! He lived to be pretty old for a huge dog, though, and was THE sweetest dog!

I would have cried if I'd wasted time on those shutters then had them poured on!! We still have to Clear Coat them, but it's supposed to rain off and on for the next few days. So, we'll wait.

I didn't say anything yesterday, but my SIL is pretty bad. He thinks it's from the J&J vaccine he got the day before we got the Mederma. He's been to Urgent Care twice - once in Florida, before he came home Saturday and all day yesterday! You don't know how bad this man must feel to go to the ER! He does NOT go to the doctor, let alone a hospital. He's having some pretty bad "symptoms" and then we heard that J&J had been pulled. Last night, the pain in his leg was terrible. They treated him as best they could and sent him home. Nobody will "verify" that it could be from the vaccine. We're all so worried about Roger that we can hardly function. Chuck and I both forgot to take our daily medication yesterday and we both take BP med. He has NEVER forgotten to take his (I'm more scatterbrained than him) and he was shocked at the fact that he forgot. That's how overwhelmed we all are.

They came over after spending all day at the ER and we fed them. All of the kids came too. I think they just all wanted to be together after the whole day. He says he feels a "little" better today. With Roger, who knows what that means.

Okay - Kay @BrightEyes I forgot to tell you congrats on your summer haircut. That has to feel wonderful! Believe it or not, I think I'm getting mine colored and trimmed Saturday. I haven't had my hair cut for almost 3 years and I went blonde several years ago, so all I have to do is throw some blonde hair color on my roots occasionally. My DD talked me into it - she wants me to get low lights and have a little bit trimmed. I don't want much trimmed, because I wear it up in a messy bun. I trim the ends myself and my bangs. I haven't totally bought into getting the low lights. I don't miss spending the money on my hair. Before I just let it grow and when it was darker - I had to go every 6 weeks and have the roots touched up.

With Covid also went my acrylic/gel nails. I'm completely natural now - I will never have anything put on my nails again. I went through torture getting those "nails" off. I finally got my nails looking decent again but they were almost ruined. Nobody would believe how bad my real nails looked so I took pictures. It's been a long, slow process, but they're getting back to where they look pretty good again. I don't miss that cost either. I do want to go for a pedi every once in a while, though.

Felis @felis how nice to have your sister visiting. Sounds like she's a gourmet chef! That would be fantastic to have somebody cook 4 star meals. My hubby is an excellent cook though so I can't complain. He doesn't do anything fancy, just good ole home cooking. Everybody loves his cooking, too. The family sure does want to come here to eat. I used to cook a lot and he always showed an interest and started having me teach him how to make things. It just kind of grew from there. Now he's the Chief Cook here.

Waving to anybody who I've missed and sending hugs.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Good Afternoon everyone! Thanks so very much for all the Birthday Wishes! I am officially a senior citizen today LOL. DH took the day off and took me out for brunch at a place in town called "Brunch on Third". It was so good!!!! He has slipped out to do some running around so I thought I better get in here and catch up a bit! So many lovely things have come my way today, beautiful flowers, yummy meals out and a great gift bag from SIL Linda! I am Blessed!! Hopeful that my Silhouette Machine will arrive today also. My sisters took me out for lunch yesterday at Jake's on the Lake and it was great too! They got me flowers and a cheese cake and lovely card! It was nice to sit in the sun on the edge of the Lake and enjoy my sisters company! Tonight I asked my Gary if he would do burgers on the BBQ, so I will be spoiled with another meal that I don't have to cook! I could get used to this!! Oh and we have our vaccine appts for the 7th of May, so hooray for that too! Keep your fingers crossed that we do not have any ill side effects from it! Can't stay here as DH is back home and we are heading out to hike the Stoney Hill trail. Its a lovely warm day and the views are the best! Just wanted to pop in and say hi and thanks to all of you great ladies!!

Attachments

• IMG_1200.jpeg
    IMG_1200.jpeg
    110.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1207.jpeg
    IMG_1207.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 4

nancyr

@taxed4ever Trudy Happy Birthday. Sounds like it is going well.

Yesterday my son and his MG came down and took me out to dinner. We have our favorite Mexican restaurant and they know us now LOL. Came home to watch my Devils lose to the Rangers. Yuck. Today was nice. I had an unexpected visit from my birding friend. He was out riding his bike and stopped bye. We talked for over an hour. It was so nice. The weather was awesome so not even cold. Then took Luther for a walk. And all of a sudden it seems my day was gone and I did not get much accomplished. So I will just spend the evening watching more hockey LOL. Been having strange dreams. Last night I dreamt I had to have plastic facial surgery. I have no idea where that came from.

@faerywings Chris hope all went well with Cait's visit. I am hoping you are not in the area expected to get snow. I am so tired of this cold then warm then back to cold temps. Taxes are so time consuming. good luck with that.

@BrightEyes Kay wow you have been a busy bee. Too bad about the detours. I really hate having to go through self service check out. I tried it a couple of times at the grocery store and I just always have to have the help come help. I did not think anyone wrote checks anymore. Good for you! Congrats on the hair cut!

@Cherylndesigns Cheryl I love the story of your Bailey. Our Luther went through a devil puppy stage but luckily it was short. He tore up his bed. Then when my DH and I went on vacation and my son and a neighbor boy were walking him he tore up everything he could find. Luckily it only lasted a little while. Now he is go big and his tail wags so fast that we have to be careful what we have low or it get wiped way. Glad you did not have your shutters ruined after all the work you and Ava did. Sure hope your SIL gets better.

@felis felis how lovely to have your sister home and having her cook. Good luck to your dad on the roof.

Have a lovely evening!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Nancy @nancyr I'm SO glad you can appreciate my devil dog, Bailey. You had to live through one like him. LOL For him to turn out to be the BEST dog is really something. Everybody wanted Bailey. I used to think "you don't know what I went through to make this dog America's most wanted". ROTF So Luther torn his bed up, too huh? Sweet, isn't it. NO! Oh, you also made me think of one time when we went to Florida for 2 weeks and a college girl was staying at out house so she could watch the dogs. We also had macey a smaller part Lab and a doll baby. Anyway, Baily lost his mind while we were gone and while she was away at school, he SHREDDED all of my beautiful bamboo blinds! Every one of them in the whole house. They came from Pier One and were so dark and beautiful and not cheap, I might add. The poor girl called up the first day he did it and my husband told her to just try to clean them up so he wouldn't chew up every stick and get sick. She took pictures and there was sticks and bamboo laying all over the house. We found out then that he had separation anxiety. Big ole' 150 pound dog with separation anxiety.

One other time, my husband went to visit his mother out of town and they decided to go to dinner. He put Bailey and Macey in one of the bedrooms while they were gone. When they got back, Baily had eatch all of the carpet out from under the door and was in the process of starting on the door when they got home. He was a mess!! Finally started being normal - well, if we didn't try to put him in a crate or leave him shut up in a room. YIKES. I'm glad Luther grew out of that stage before Bailey did.

I'm going to bed now. I just finished my Anna Color layout and wanted to get it posted. See you all in the morning.