Oscraps

Yucca flaccida
zwyck

Yucca flaccida

We have this beautiful exotic flower, Yucca flaccida, in our garden. It came to Sweden in my uncle's suitcase 30 years ago when he worked in South Carolina. It has survived in our cold climate and even managed to be moved a few times. It arouses admiration in everyone who sees it.

Credits:
ArtPlay Palette Amaranthine https://www.oscraps.com/shop/ArtPlay-Palette-Amaranthine.html
Amaranthine WordART Mix No 1 https://www.oscraps.com/shop/Amaranthine-WordART-Mix-No.-1.html

Process: I started with to add some filters to my photo. Then I placed it on a black background and added adjustment layers for Levels and Curves and merged it with the background. I added embellishments, brushes and transfers from ArtPlay Palette Amaranthine. The transfer in the bottom was duplicated and the copy set to Multiply. Another transfer was placed over the flower to get some texture. This transfer was set to blending mode Linear Burn. The third transfer was placed along the left side and I only kept a part of a lace here. I finished the layout with the title from Amaranthine WordART Mix No 1.
Gorgeous lighting and colors with the black background. I love how this plant shows how our world is all so connected because we have these too.

Love the artistry of this layout, its so creative. The beautiful colors against the dark background are gorgeous.

I have many heirloom plants in my garden, many that have been handled down from several generations and moved countless times. I love the story, the photo, the plant, the lighting--magnificent work!

PERFECTION. Yuccas grow in Arizona too. According to the Native Americans, a yucca symbolizes transmutation, protection and purification.

Stunning art! Love the yucca and colors! They usually thrive in warmer climates, but must be very adaptable to the colder clime!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
zwyck
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout