Oscraps

Wizard of OZ.jpg
Applechick

Wizard of OZ.jpg

I was interested in Anna's latest 'News' email about documenting the moments that don't play out how we hoped - this gave me the perfect opportunity to do this page! I think Christmas has always been full of unrealistic expectations, it used to be those glossy magazines designed and photographed in July full of perfect homes, exquisite food and perfect beautifully wrapped gifts - now it is social media and Instagram. I'm a sucker for the schmaltzy family movies where everyone gets home for Christmas...Last year we all went to the Pantomime and it was great fun but we went earlier in December and Victoria's partner hadn't arrived yet so this year I booked in JUNE (who am I!) I got tickets for Christmas eve, all 12 together, good seats and had even planned in advance what we would eat afterwards and that the kids would all be perfectly behaved (who am I kidding) and everyone would be in a suitably Christmassy mood ready for the big day!

My Mum suddenly died in October and as she was the person who used to treat us to the Pantos when my kids were small it was going to make this Christmas Eve outing very emotional and bittersweet then Neve picked up a sickness bug so that took out one family then Sara decided to bring Felix after all and Neve stayed home with her Daddy; Felix hated the noise and was absolutely terrified of the witch so Sara did well to persuade him to stay as long as he did...So it wasn't quite like a movie but I've high hopes for next year! ;-)
  • Love
Reactions: zlemon
Oh Fiona, somehow I missed the news of your mom. May her sparkly presence enrich all heaven's neighborhoods, and let's hope she whips some of those unimaginatively clad angels into stylistic shape. I'll miss her in your pages and I am so sorry for what you must be feeling. Love this layout, btw, and the emphasis on the legs...kind of symbolic of all the journeys life takes us on. xo

The best laid plans ...
Wonderful extractions. The witch looks quite scary. I hope they had a cute little dog for balance.

Wow Fiona, love, love, love this! So very creative, great extractions of the girls, so very beautiful the 'Wizard of OZ', just stunning!

Love your behind-the-scenes story, it really could be a movie. Beautiful layout and excellent OOB on the legs. The emerald green is perfect.

Love yourvstorytelling
And I’m inspired by you use of the month review template.

So sorry about the loss of your Mum. Beautiful layout and especially love to
see the little red "a" on your photo! I have many of your layouts in my favs! So true about anticipation of "perfect" holidays. You've made the Month in Review Template exceptional with your artistry!

You have a talent for turning the ordinary into extraordinary art. Ya just never know with kids what will happen. But as you said, there's always next year.,

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Applechick
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename