Oscraps

we
pam p

we

I recently received a few boxes of family photos that I had always desired.I am in the process of sorting and identifying. I chose this image to begin my long journey into heritage. This is an image of my mother, grandmother(paternal) and me.Acquiring the images has been bittersweet but working with the images is even more so. I wonder why smiling came so hard in those days.I do know that my Mom and her Mother-in-law did not always see eye to eye.I find myself trying to make images happy that probably were not.I have compared todays"mouth open, in your face selfies" that I see around these days and wonder why the big difference in facial expressions or lack of, from earlier days.Times were difficult but so they are today. While I dislike "fake" smiles, I find myself saddened when there is no smile. Anyway,I am so grateful to have at least some images of my past.

I used aA
APP Together
Multi_Media Accordian
WordArt
and some ideas from one of Adryane's pages.
But it was so not cool to smile back then! I love the contrast of your photos with the background.

I agree. My grandparents do not smile in the photos I have of them. I think the invention of the camera that people could own themselves is when people began to smile in photos.

I have many family photos with no smiles, also. I even found some of my mother with a scowl on her face. Guess people didn't like their pictures taken back then. Love the sepia toned photos against the dark background and the repetition! Gorgeous heritage page!

Same observation also at home, no smile on the old photos !! maybe people were impressed. A gorgeous heritage page.

I love this page of memory, simple but very elegant. once getting photographed was something important

... megrintett ismt az oldal, 'pam p'! Imdom, Adryane alkotsait. n is tkletesen ihletet kapott. Ksznm, hogy megmutatta ezt az oldalt!

... touched the page again, 'pam p'! I love Adryane's artwork. You were perfectly inspired too. Thanks for showing this page!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
pam p
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout