Oscraps

We are the same age...
Jam-on-toast

We are the same age...

I absolutely adore this series by Karen Schulz Designs. This is a page documenting my great-grandparents' story...

The journaling reads:

My great-grandparents got married in 1921. She was an educated young woman who spoke two foreign languages and he was a carpenter whose whole education consisted of three years of Sunday church school. He was barely literate. Needless to say, her parents did not approve. Together they faced poverty and war, raised one daughter, welcomed one granddaughter and were blessed with two great-grandchildren. He died in 1979, after 58 years of marriage. She followed him in 1991. She didn't leave much, but the things she treasured the most were several faded photographs of them together on the back of which, written in his awkward childish handwriting, were the love poems he dedicated to her.
Credits list
Kit and Template
Karen Schulz Designs | My Story Mega Collection 4
also used papers, elements and clusters from
Karen Schulz Designs | My Story Collection 2
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Karen Schulz Designs
Fabulous heritage LO. Love the black and white photos. What a beautiful story. Great use of the collections.

Wow, that is amazing! What a treasure these photos are and so is your page!!

Wow what an amazing story. I like the grunge around the page, the title you created and those priceless photos

You touched my heart with your journaling. It brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful piece of history they left behind and you have made a fabulous home for these treasured photos and memories! I think I must give you a Standing O!

I love that particular phrase from the collection, and you have used it wonderfully. Congrats on your Standing O!

This is beautiful...wonderful journaling...precious photos... Congratulations, your layout will be featured in tonight's Monday Oscraps newsletter :heartpumplove:

Layout information

Category
Karen Schulz Designs
Added by
Jam-on-toast
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename