Oscraps

Venice Sketch
zlemon

Venice Sketch

Love Anna's new ArtPlay Palette, Abrazo. It combines old world charm with gorgeous, sunny colors. And I love it when my friends go on vacationI get to play with their snaps. This is a photo from Venice that actually looks better as a sketch. Also love how you can save so-so photos with PhotoShop.

Supplies:
ArtPlay Palette Abrazo **New & On Sale** on 7/14

MultiMedia Suns No. 3
https://www.oscraps.com/shop/MultiMedia-Suns-No.-3.html

Process notes:
I opened up the ArtsyPaper No. 4 from ArtPlay Palette Abrazo and rotated it 90 degrees. I combined two brushes from the APP to make a mask. I then placed my Venice photo and clipped it to the mask. I applied a PhotoShop colored pencil filter, I then clipped another copy of the photo to the mask. To give just a suggestion of sketch extending outside the mask, I duplicated the photo once more, added a colored pencil filter and changed the blend mode to overlay at 77%. I added transfer No. 3 to the bottom to balance the design. Also placed Multimedia Sun No. 3 at the top. I created a composite layers (Shift+OPT+CMD +E), and applied a blend mode of glowing edges to give it a brighter sketch look. Added text at the bottom and finito.

Thanks for looking.
It is HARD to photograph Venice! It is like you can grab only portions of the vista you have processed in your mind. Yes, I think the sketch is definitely a good approach. It works beautifully here, with the new palette.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
zlemon
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout