Oscraps

Vacancy
musicmom3

Vacancy

Conserve Mini-Artplay Palette FREE w/ $20 purchase to celebrate the Oscraps Birthday Bash (details at https://www.annaaspnesdesigns.com/oscraps-12th-birthday-bash-sale-event/ )
also: Warm Glows No. 8: https://www.oscraps.com/shop/WarmGlows-No.-8.html

Journaling: I think little kids start off as clean slates that the world gradually writes upon, beginning with the parents. Here I am at 3 in Wareham, MA, and I look pretty happy, because this was a few years before the family events that would turn us all inside out. I look at my brothers cowboy pants and would love to recapture that innocence. These days I find that Ive come full circle, working to develop a heart thats as light as a feather, a childs heart, maybe the very heart that was mine before it was scrawled upon by all those shrieking sticks of family chalk. March 17, 2018

Photoshop Elements 14
The photo was of lowest qualitya slide projected on a wall with an old-time projector, and then a snapshot of that on the cell phone. I duplicated that photo a gazillion times and clipped it to transfers, overlays, and brushes, using several adjustment layers, so at least the general idea of the image was visible. From there it was just a matter of using brushes, embellishments, and other components of the mini-palette to get something that I liked to tell the story. Even though it is not a very pretty story, it deserves to be told. I ended with a gradient fill layer on top of the layer stack, using the same burgundy as the type, at reduced opacity, and a few Warm Glows for brownish vintage-y highlights.
Great work recovering an old faded photo, love it, wonderful journaling, could be the start of a series?

Ah, yes, the chalk! Sift out the good parts. Love the sign as a background.

love this page! your journaling is excellent - I am glad you are discovering your light heart again. Love the blending and awesome recovery of the photo!

A beautiful, heartfelt page. Your collage pages are always such a work of art. My heart goes out to animals and children because they are at the mercy.

Poignant journaling! Oh the stories we could tell! Love all the signs and blending!

What a heartfelt design and journaling. Totally agree, our hearts become much lighter as you understand your past and as you forgive younger self for event's beyond your control. Sadly kids often blame themselves for the adult actions of their parents.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
musicmom3
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout