Oscraps

Up in the Air.jpg
pam p

Up in the Air.jpg

It's been a long discussion in my community. Since the topic was raised, many have erected big ugly handmade signs on their properties near the roadside. I pass by these eyesores daily and often think, they should be illegal and taken down. Those on the negative side, want nothing to
block their view. We live on the highest elevation in our state, and the views are spectacular. I try to keep my opinions at home so I thought a scrapbook page highlighting the dialog would serve a purpose to sort of vent and celebrate the art beauty of the turbines. In some parts of my county, they are used and serve a great need. For instance at one of the local school districts, the turbines are providing the district with a much needed break in their energy bills and provides students with first hand knowledge of their pros and cons. At this moment in time, they are still
being discouraged.
I like your minimal use of the elements and the word art is perfect for your layout.
My rant (my opinion) - I do not live in an area that have wind turbines but am often traveling in several "scenic" areas where there are more and more. I think they are hideous, ruining the landscape and killing birds. Plus they are not terribly efficient, which makes them difficult for me to embrace as an electrical power source.

HI, Pam! What a great way to capture your feelings about the times and how they are changing. I saw a wind farm like this in central Oklahoma 20 years ago and agree that they are an eyesore that serves a useful purpose, but at the same time there is a certain srtistic beauty to them. What a conundrum, beautifully portrayed!

Windmills present a compelling conundrum, blending practicality and aesthetics. They undeniably serve a crucial purpose by harnessing wind for clean energy—a crucial step towards sustainability. However, their towering presence can divide opinions, seen both as functional eyesores and artistically captivating structures. This tension between necessity and beauty challenges us to weigh the merits of renewable energy against our aesthetic preferences. In this clash, windmills emerge as symbols of the intricate balance we must strike in our pursuit of a greener future.

I, for one, don't mind the windmills at all, although I don't see them every day. I find them elegant, and seeing dozens of them on a wind farm when I drive through the countryside is breathtaking to me. The farmers who rent their land to the utility companies are earning income, and I find the cell towers and telephone poles that are everywhere far uglier.

Your layout is simply stunning.

A great page, I like the wind Turbines they look like something from the War of the Worlds. I have been up close to some and they don't seem to make the noise that people complain about just a whisper really.

Your page makes them look so beautiful- that was my first thought upon seeing your art—beauty in such simple things.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
pam p
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename