Tolbooth Tavern
B

Tolbooth Tavern

WarmGlows No. 1WarmglowsNo.1
WarmGlow No. 7WarmGlowsNo.7
CoolGlows No. 1CoolGlowsNo.1
LightLeaks No. 3LightLeaksNo.3
Public Domain Photo

Process Notes: Love this black and white photo and wanted to play with just glows. Im sure this crotchety old man remembers when he could have a smoke indoors and not have to stand outside and suffer someone taking his photo. No doubt hell be stepping back inside the Tolbooth Tavern to his pint or whatever his libation of choice, rather quickly.

Using the photo as is, I placed various glows on the lights both outdoors and indoors in the photo, resizing and played with blend modes and opacities. On the right side of the photo I positioned a light leak, blended and turned down the opacity. Sometimes its just best to keep it simple and call it done.
Talk about telling a story with a picture! This is just awesome. Love the deep colors, the lights focusing in on the tavern name, and the grumpy man in the shadows. Brilliant.

Oh, I love this. Its moody, intriguing and so perfect. Your lighting really makes this feel like I stepped into a mystery movie scene.

Wonderful photo! Love the flowerboxes on the second story. The glows are so perfect I tend to forget the photo is actually B&W.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Barbara Houston
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout