Oscraps

These Days
Jam-on-toast

These Days

Thank you for looking. The journaling reads:

November 19, 2023 - still Sunday afternoon for me on Tahiti, Monday morning for my kids back in Jakarta. My son had just texted me saying they were 75 minutes late for school.

It came to me as a surprise, that one of the best things about our recent trip to Tahiti was the serene detachment from the burden of influence. There is something about being 17 hours behind your daily life, and while nothing changed back home - kids were still reluctant to get up or eat vegetables or do homework - the way I felt about those things did. Being unable to intervene in the daily choreography of life allowed me to give myself permission to enjoy my day, even if my kids were late for school, and to sleep well at night, even though I knew they weren't studying for their upcoming tests. I savored that freedom and ever since returning, I've been trying to reclaim my nights, whispering to myself that whatever it is, the time between 10 o'clock at night and 6 o'clock in the morning is the sacred realm that exists beyond my influence. And that I should welcome the gift of rest without the shadow of worry. I'm not there yet - it's not easy turning that busy mind of mine off - but I'm getting there.
  • Love
Reactions: isDK
Love the journaling and photos are gorgeous. GIRL!!! I love me some beach!!! Ultimate retirement place will be on the beach somewhere. This is gorgeous!!

Layout information

Category
Rachel Jefferies
Added by
Jam-on-toast
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename