Oscraps

The White Cliffs of Dover
B

The White Cliffs of Dover

Sophia shot this photo of the cliffs while visiting Seaford, East Sussex, England and posted it on FB. My family is in Europe right now, having been in Germany, Belgium, France and now England. I cant wait to get my hands on the real photos when they get home. I enlarged this photo just a little bit before it got pixelated and worked with it. I chose APP Viaggio because it matched the atmospheric mood of the photo.

ArtPlay Palette ViaggioArtPlayPaletteViaggio
ArtsyTransfers ViaggioArtsyTransfersViaggio
OldScript No. 1OldScriptNo.1
Postcards No. 1PostcardsNo.1
PaperTextures No. 4PaperTexturesNo.4
ArtsyStains No. 3ArtsyStainsNo.3
TapedTextures No. 7TapedTexturesNo.7
TapedTextures No. 1TapedTexturesNo.1
Spackle Textured No. 6SpackleTexturedNo.6
CoolGlows No. 1CoolglowsNo.1
Travel England No. 1TravelEnglandNo.1
Photo: Sophia Reed
Fonts: Fortunaschein and Jellyka St. Andrews

Process Notes: I like using Annas artsy papers when Im using scenic photos because I can tuck the photo into the artsy parts of the digital paper that match and make them a part of the paper itself and thats exactly what I did using artsy paper 5 from Viaggio.

Using a reverse mask after placing the photo in the sweet spot, I brought it back by using artsy paint and stain brushes. I didnt keep track on which ones I used, but any of them will do. I extend the shore line just a little bit using the clone stamp. I duplicated the photo and blended to Screen with a reduced opacity.

Using transfers from the palette as well as bits and pieces of several artsy transfers along the right edge and mixing in the old script and postcard brushes, fleshing out the page. The map brush was added along with the paper textures at the left edge, giving the impression the map is laying over the photo. Another paper texture was added at the top.

Tapes were added to the top of the map and at the bottom of the right edge transfer for added textures. Very subtle stains were used over the photo and running along towards the bottom right side transfer hinting at the shoreline running across the page. I used colors from both the photo and palette. The cool glow was positioned over the photo.

The title, date and place and flowers were finally added to finish the page.
I have to google the history of the white cliff ... my father-in-law would always sing that WWII song, then he would pause, look at me with rather sad eyes and say --- "there were never any bluebirds over those white cliffs". I believe there were, just maybe not the kind we know. Beyond beautiful LO --- I know you can't wait for the real photos (I think we can't either).

Beautiful color and blending! Love the map! Awesome trip for your family!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Barbara Houston
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout