Oscraps

The Vicar's Garden
Bush Girl

The Vicar's Garden

Here's my entry for the May 2012 Rotating Challenge - to scrap a happy childhood event. I didn't have any photos from my own childhood so substituted in some taken this year of my own kids.

Journaling reads:

I am watching the children running round xxxx Manor, hunting eggs that have been hidden with pre-schoolers in mind so they are frankly rather hard to miss, I am thinking about my cousin xxxx (who I have finally caught up with but thats another story), and about our lives together as children, which invariably leads me to think of our grandparents. Woody eggstatically brings me a plastic egg that hes found and Im powerfully transported back in time to an Easter Egg Hunt my grandmother took us to, in the Vicars garden in xxxx. I dont recall eggsactly how old we were but I do remember the garden was huge, with rockeries, deep flower beds down each side and a vast eggspanse of lawn in between of course, its probably a perfectly ordinary size but time and my childlike imagination allow for eggsaggeration. There were loads of children there we didnt know, so Em & I stuck together, filling our baskets and revelling in the eggcitement of it all. Our haul was modest, but more than enough - and the memory has lasted a lifetime.

Credits:

Template: Anna Aspnes, oscraps.com, Artsy Layered Template 45
Papers & Transfers: Anna Aspnes, oscraps.com, ArtPlay Palette Adventure
Journal Cards: Anna Aspnes, oscraps.com, ArtsyKardz Adventure 1
Sun Burst: Anna Aspnes, oscraps.com, Cool Glows 1
Tape: Kitty Designs, oscraps.com, All Taped Vol 1
Eggs: Val C. Designs, (zigzagscrap.com), Egg Z It
Alpha: Dawn Inskip, scrapbookgraphics.com, Blue Print Alpha
Shadow Action: Brandy Murry, scrapgirls.com, MegaLift 1 Squared PSE
Font: Moms Typewriter & Arial Narrow
Love the design and the bright colored pictures.
Great journaling: as always!

I am Eggstatic over your page Selena!! As usual your journaling is superb! The colors in this layout are Eggsactly perfect!

Selena...I LOVE this! As always, your journaling is wonderful. And yet, the page is so beautiful...even without the journaling would be fabulous!!!

This is just fabulous! I love the bright colours in the eggs and the loopdaloops are perfect for drawing the eye!

Layout information

Category
Challenge 5
Added by
Bush Girl
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout