Oscraps

The Story of Eleanor's Name: Chapter One
greenpalm

The Story of Eleanor's Name: Chapter One

This is the first of a series of pages I have planned on how I chose my childrens names.

My Journaling Font is from Darcy Baldwin its TracyL, available at TheDigiChick
I used nearly everything from Paint The Moon: Annie Mannings Charmes dantan and the Add On Kit. Its available at Oscraps.
I also used dried flowers from Jen Ulasiewicz Dried Fall Florals.

Journaling Reads:
The Story of Eleanors Name. Chapter One.
Eleanor, there are few things I considered more carefully than what to name my children. You are named for three people. Your first name, Eleanor, belonged to your great great grandmother Sadie Eleanor Smith Murray. The youngest of her three sons was my grandfather, Julian Wilson Murray, for whom I was named. Sadie died when he was only two. Too young for memories of her, he was left with only a handful of photographs. In those photographs I find her exquisitely beautiful. Im sure she was, as all of us are, imperfect, but for me she has been elevated to an exalted status. If she was aware she must have been devastated to leave behind three motherless young boys to be raised by someone else. Growing up with her eternally youthful portrait in my home impressed her gentle countenance upon my mind. I always felt as though I knew her and that perhaps she was watching out for me. Naming you Eleanor has in some ways granted her a little taste of immortality. For surely, your children and grandchildren will now know of her too.

Journaling, May 16, 2008
An Absolutely Gorgeous Heritage Layout. Beautiful Photos, Incredible Journaling and an Eye Appealing Page That Will Inspire Interest For Generations to Come!
Hugs from Idgie

Julie, I'm awe-struck!!! This is absolutely gorgeous, the photos, the journaling, the elements, the layering and composition, WOW!! Just perfect!!

Layout information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
greenpalm
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout