Oscraps

The Spider and the Fly
ksacry

The Spider and the Fly

The Spider and the Fly (1829) Poem: "I'm sure you must be weary, dear, with soaring up so high; Will you rest upon my little bed?" said the Spider to the Fly.

Text reads:I generally don’t look this close at my wildflower garden, but the pretty Cosmos flower was a bit unique in color. Then I was wondering what that white dot was. Upon closer observation, a Crab Spider had caught a Hover Fly. I ran into the house and grabbed my camera and macro lens (it seems like the right lens is never actually on the camera, Ugh). Back in the garden, I soon discovered that autofocus was out, so I switched to manual mode and needed the tripod. I returned to the house; my tripod was in monopod mode. Okay, I would go with that. I fussed with different settings, camera bodies, and lenses for about 1 ½ hours with this spider carrying the fly all around that flower. I’m delighted with how the pictures turned out! August 11, 2023

Construction: The background is paper #3 from ArtPlay Palette Genuine and the Artist Edge Overlays No 9 #1. I added parts of Autumn Template Album No 1 Page #12, grouped and clipped my photo to the group. I extracted the flower and the bee and used blend mode Screen to lighten. I placed the paper #3 from ArtPlay Palette Genuine over the top in Linear Burn blend mode to add the canvas texture.
I added Antiquated Frames No 2 #4 and clipped my second photo to the frame’s mask. I used various brushes from ArtPlay Palette Forester to grunge up the frame and photo.
For the elements, I used the flowers and pearl from ArtPlay Palette Genuine, various Looped UrbanThreadz No 1, and the button from ArtPlay Palette Forester.
For the word art, I used Summer WordART Mix No 1 Wood Word “Photo”, text “Amazing” from Autumn Template Album No 1 page 11 (placed in with the photo mask), and ArtPlay Palette Amaranthine_LinedWord “Mother Nature”.
The fonts are JaneAusten and Baskerville Old Face.
Credits list
Bundle Special for the month of August, when purchased together In The Wild ValuePack 1 then
Butterflies ValuePack No 1 is 1/2 price.
Supplies used in this layout from the bundles:
ArtPlay Palette Genuine (In Bundle Only, no longer available individually)
Artist Edge Overlays No 9
ArtPlay Natural Instinct
Antiquated Frames No 2
Autumn Template Album No 1
ArtPlay Palette Forester

Other Supplies used:
ArtPlay Palette Amaranthine
Summer WordART Mix No 1
Looped UrbanThreadz No 1
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Anna Aspnes
I love this layout, even with the somewhat gruesome subject matter! It reminds me of the time I watched a praying mantis catch and devour a fly. No chance of getting a photo in my case, though. I love the addition of the little verse. Standing O for you!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
ksacry
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename
anna-aspnes-digital-scrapbook-artplay-valuepack-butterflies-ksacry-spider-and-the-fly.jpg
File size
257.7 KB
Dimensions
1000px x 1000px

Share this layout