Oscraps

The Simple Life
Jodie McNally Designs

The Simple Life

This photo of my great-grandma at the beach has intrigued me since the moment I laid eyes on it. I finally found the perfect kits to scrap it!

Journaling reads: I have so many questions about this photo of my great-grandma Hazel with Betty Peterson. Why are they dressed like that on a beach? When & where was this taken? I wonder if They secretly wanted to kick off their shoes and feel the sand between their toes. I scrap so that in the future, my family wont need to wonder.

Quote reads: To find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter; to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird's nest of a wildflower in spring - these are some of the rewards of the simple life. -John Burroughs

Credits:
two papers for journaling and quote - Cindy Irvine's Sunlit Whispers page kit
brown folded ribbon - Bows and Folded Ribbons by Manuela Zimmerman
everything else - Good Old Days kit by Manuela Zimmerman
Fonts:
journaling font: DJB Messie Amanda by Darcy Baldwin at Blue Flombingo
quote font: Windsong
"simple" on tag: DJB Joyscript also by Darcy Baldwin
"the" and "life" on tag: 1942 Report
THIS IS GORGEOUS!!! Jodie! I love the design, kit choice, pic and wonderful quote and journaling!! into my faves!

Love this! Love the colors and that photo is priceless! You are so lucky to have photographs of your GGrandma! Awesome layout!

ooooooooooooooh lovely heritage LO. Love the element cluster on the bottom along with the colors overall..just breathtaking!

Your journaling is always spot on... and pretty funny in this case! Great job, J-Hiz.

Layout information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Jodie McNally Designs
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout