Oscraps

The New Colossus
Miki

The New Colossus

I recently listened to a podcast by the History Chicks about the building of the Statue of Liberty. What a monumental task (excuse the pun)! Not only the construction of it, but the difficulty in raising the money!

Anna Aspnes
Artplay Palette Elysium (new July 13) Artplay Palette Elysium
Happiness WordART Mix 1 (new July 13) Happiness WordART Mix 1
FotoBlendz Overlays 13 (new July 13) FotoBlendz Overlays 13
Take Flight 3 (new July 13) Take Flight 3

Process
Solid paper 3 from APP Elysium was used as the foundation of the page. The paper was duplicated with the blending mode changed to multiply. The image of the Statue of Liberty was clipped to a vertical FotoBlendz overlay. Solid paper 4 from the kit was clipped to the image with the blending mode changed to hard light. I moved the paper to the left so that just the torn top and bottom edges showed. The paper was duplicated, this time with the blending mode changed to color burn with a 50% opacity. The layers were merged together and duplicated with the blending mode changed to color burn for more definition. Several transfers and overlays from the kit were added. The stamp (from the internet) was changed to black and white with the blending mode change to color burn. Word art, a Take Flight 3 brush and dimensional elements were added to complete the page.

Thank you for looking!
This is beautiful and strong. I love how you used a piece of the torn paper to add interest, and the butterfly.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Miki
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout