Oscraps

The "Little People"
Pups_r_Paps

The "Little People"

JOURNALING: A very early memory I have of Christmas is when my sister and I made The Little People. They were figures fashioned from clothes pins, felt, sequins, and trim. My memory is they were featured in a magazine with directions and patterns to make the clothes. Originally, they were to stand upright on a block of Styrofoam; eventually we attached cords to the Little People so they could hang on the tree. When I married and moved away, the Little People stayed with my mother and sister.
One year as a surprise for Christmas, my sister sent these hand-made ornaments to me and I shed tears of joy when I saw them. Ever since, a few of them have graced the Christmas trees in my home.
There were probably 10 or so original designs including Mr. & Mrs. Claus, a ballerina and soldier, and carolers. At some point, my sister and I created additional characters including the 3 Wisemen and holiday shoppers. Right now, they all are sitting on my table. My sister is coming over today to freshen up the Little People who need a tad of care and, hopefully, maybe to make a few more well see. 12/9/20

ATC:
CREDITS: PHOTO - by me; KIT Hope, Collab; FONT Tw Cen MT Bold

PAGE:
CREDITS: KITS Espirit de Noel, Florju Designs; Holly Jolly Mini Kit, SoMa Designs; FONT Comic Sans
Wonderful memories. I love your little "elf" character and the sparkly background.

Wonderful memories of the "Little People" you made with your sister. Love that it is a tradition that continues. Enjoy your time together getting them ready for another holiday season.

What a great project. I'm so glad they survived all these years and are getting a little makeover.

This story is so heartwarming, I love it! Very pretty page, love everything about it!

what a beautiful story your shared with us ...it is fantastic that 'the little people' have been preserved and that they are back with you ...
Have a great time with your sister ...
Thanks for playing along in my challenge!

Layout information

Category
2020 12 Days of December Event
Added by
Pups_r_Paps
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout