DifferentStrokes No. 11DifferntStrokesNo.11
Winter WordART Mix No. 1WinterWordARTMixno.1
Urban Threadz No. 8UrbanThreadzNo.8
Urban Threads No. 6UrbanThreadzNo.6
FotoGlow Mix No. 1FotoglowMixNo.1
ArtPlay Palette FamilyArtPlayPaletteFamily
Font: Hello Sunshine
Photo: Internet

The Process: Starting with the ArtPlay Mini Palette Thanks paper, frame and adding the photo, I brushed out part of the photo I wanted to appear tucked behind the frame and tinkered with the part I wanted left spilling over the frame. On top of that I added a FotoGlow. Under the frame I added blue using the Different Strokes brushes.

Underneath I placed a transfer and overlay from the same palette, the overlay continuing the gold at the top.

From there I placed the snowman and gave him an arm from the MultiMedia kit and created a top hat from the Different Strokes brushes. He has an important job, he deserved a top hat. I extracted a lantern from the photo, resized it and added a shadow and hung it from his arm with a couple of threads. I placed more threadz at his feet as well as a tape texture. I recolored the little birdie and sat it on his hat, giving it a drop shadow. Underneath him I added another overlay and more Different Strokes brushes in blue.

Phew! That brings us to the left side of the layout. I clipped a copy of the photo to the AnnaBlendz Artsy 6, making another copy of the photo using Darken blend mode. I added a blue solid color adjustment layer, clipping it to the photo. I also added another AnnaBlendz Artsy 6 also coloring it blue. Over that I added the Winter WordMix, duplicating it one more time. I also placed it under the frame on the right side and blended it using Multiply.

Then I added the FotoGlow, my title, the staples from the ArtPlay Palette Family and splatters to finish the whole thing off.
So beautifully composed! Love every detail and the colouring is perfect. Is your lantern keeper from the fairytale? Love the font.

great take on the color challenge. love the blending and framing, the texture and use of colours.

Fabulous riff on the seedpods, your lantern-keeper. My eye keeps going to that fotoglow behind the title and the patch of skewed text, then over to the little x on the right side of the frame--I love little details that travel across a page.

Love the blurred background of the photo and the blending into the frame. The snowman is great - love his lantern and the title. Beautiful!

This is so beautiful. Love your framing, your blending and stitches. The snowman is a perfect accent for this wintry page.

Wonderful! Love the lanterns and the snowman. And that hint of blue!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Barbara Houston
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout